Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Nally Stand

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nally Stand

Was anybody else in the Nally Stand last night? I applied for tickets throught the FAi cup promotion and got landed over in this excuse for a stand. I was in the front row, which has a barrier in front of it. You're supposed to stand and lean over the barrier. It's impossible to sit and see through the thing!

A few people to my left couldn't even see the goal because of some giant shed they have there. A few behind me couldn't see because of some stewards who insisted in standing in front of them for the whole game. Avoid this stand at all costs folks. Definately the worst seats in Croker. Much better off staying at home.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedite View Post
    Definately the worst seats in Croker
    Surely you already knew that though?!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    well maybe he didnt get a choice!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Got ticket for this stand with the FAI cup final promotion but exchanged them with someone on here. Never been a fan of the hill or nally, the gaa fans love it there but thats probably because its standing and cheaper. Hill 16 etc is so an eye sore in croke park imo along with the 'shed' that they have beside it. As I heard the germans comment, it looks like they ran out of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When its finished!!!!!!!

One of the Brazilians said it was a fine Stadium, but would be fantastic when finished, the Sky guy didn't mention that it already was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy
    Hill 16 etc is so an eye sore in croke park imo along with the 'shed' that they have beside it. As I heard the germans comment, it looks like they ran out of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    One of the Brazilians said it was a fine Stadium, but would be fantastic when finished, the Sky guy didn't mention that it already was
    I think we'll have to wait for the Dubs to sit down.

Real shame that it isn't a) seated and b) covered. Instead, you have a 3-sided purpose built modern stadium, and an ageing, antiquated, dangerous, and miserable-looking relic behind the goal.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    . Instead, you have a 3-sided purpose built modern stadium, and an ageing, antiquated, dangerous, and miserable-looking relic behind the goal.
    Hill 16 was re-build about 2 yaers ago so it is hardly a 'ageing, antiquated, dangerous, and miserable-looking relic' .

Right now completing the Hill side of the ground is difficult beacuse of a) houses behind it and b) the railway line.

I'd imaging it will be completed in a time, when though I don't know and since the GAA re under no pressure from other bodies to make it all seater then there is no hurry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    I think we'll have to wait for the Dubs to sit down.

Real shame that it isn't a) seated and b) covered. Instead, you have a 3-sided purpose built modern stadium, and an ageing, antiquated, dangerous, and miserable-looking relic behind the goal.
    The FAI dont own the stadium the GAA do, so we cant give out what they wanna do to their own stadium.

If it wasnt for the GAA we could be playing our "home" matches in Celtic, Liverpool or Manchester, or could even be forced to play every single game away.
    One team in Louth, DFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    i like the hill, not only because of its history but also because it adds a bit of character and prevents Croker from being another boring, generic stadium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The hill has been fitted out with seating since last october and the seats will not be taken out until after our match against Serbia. Considering it was only rebuilt 2 years ago its probably one of the most modern and safest terraces around. its designed to fit seating and i dont see the irfu or the fai complaining as they are selling the tickets in packages and making a bigger profit with it.

The fact is there is little or no space to build a stand there and the planners would object to any development as any structure would block out natural light to the houses behind. Until we have a place we call home we cannot criticise others.
    Last edited by SuperDub; 26/02/2008 at 9:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDub View Post
    The hill has been fitted out with seating since last october and the seats will not be taken out until after our match match against Serbia. Considering it was only rebuilt 2 years ago its probably one of the most modern and safest terraces around. its designed to fit seating and i dont see the irfu or the fai complaining as they are selling the tickets in packages and making a bigger profit with it.

The fact is there is little or no space to build a stand there and the planners would object to any development as any structure would block out natural light to the houses behind. Until we have a place we call home we cannot criticise others.

And I hope that they leave the hill as a terrace, whatever about building a upper tier and premium level as seating.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boovidge View Post
    i like the hill, not only because of its history but also because it adds a bit of character and prevents Croker from being another boring, generic stadium.
    Agreed

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Fair enough im the exact opposite to be honest, think it detracts from the stadium. Most new stadiums have their own character, very few you could say are generic or look like each other. For example, the emirates, old trafford, wembley etc, neither look like one another. It also doesnt help the atmosphere in the place imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    it could do with a roof though to finish the place off. would help to keep noise in and give the place a more compact feel to it also

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdlk View Post
    The FAI dont own the stadium the GAA do, so we cant give out what they wanna do to their own stadium.

If it wasnt for the GAA we could be playing our "home" matches in Celtic, Liverpool or Manchester, or could even be forced to play every single game away.
    Your right we cant be coming on here telling them what to do. In fairness as a GAA fan I think the hill should stay.

I would like to see maybe a seating area on top of hill even if it only seated 6,000-8,000 it would make the place better for noise imo with a roof also.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I've often come out of there after a Dublin-Meath game with a ringing sound in my ears. In 2005 I went to the Dublin-Tyrone replay and the noise in the second half when Dublin started kicking points from everywhere was absolutely deafening. Same with the Dublin-Mayo game in 2006. With all these recommendations about putting seats on the Hill, continuing the roof all around etc. perhaps the simplest and cheapest solution is just to make more noise. In gaelic games, due to more frequent scoring there is more reason to cheer regularly, so there is less reliance on chants and songs to generate atmosphere. If you have a lot of day-trippers in the crowd for a soccer international the chances are they might not join in with the chants and songs, which can make the atmosphere seem a bit flat. Would be less of a problem in a smaller capacity stadium as there would be a higher ratio of genuine fans to event-attenders. The same goes for the rugby. Great atmosphere last year for the England game but it's been pretty poor ever since. The number of people going to games without having any real interest in proceedings is undoubtedly a factor there as well. If they got rid of the seating on the Hill for soccer internationals and used it as a terrace the atmosphere would improve hugely (I think). I know there are reasons why they can't, but thats hardly the stadiums fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
    I've often come out of there after a Dublin-Meath game with a ringing sound in my ears. In 2005 I went to the Dublin-Tyrone replay and the noise in the second half when Dublin started kicking points from everywhere was absolutely deafening. Same with the Dublin-Mayo game in 2006.
    fair point but i attend many full GAA matches in croke park and a lot of noise is lost from the stadium. the hill may be loud when on the hill but the noise the hill makes when the dubs are playing rarely travels around the stadium

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah Dublin games are the only real ones with atmosphere and lets be honest that comes from a standing area with manly males from the age of 16 to 40 with a lot of drink consumed.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Yeah Dublin games are the only real ones with atmosphere and lets be honest that comes from a standing area with manly males from the age of 16 to 40 with a lot of drink consumed.
    Manly males aside it isn't the case that Dublin games are the only games with atmosphere. I'm not going to start listing off hurling and football games from the last 5 years or so but I go there a lot and more often than not you get a great atmosphere at a big, close championship game. Dublin do consistently generate a very good atmosphere but thats because every game they play is a sell-out and they more or less have a monopoly on the Hill. Plus they have been very competitive for the last few seasons. You don't need to be drunk to make loads of noise though. Ask anyone who has ever had the pleasure of sitting beside a crowd of belligerent Tyrone housewives at a match.