Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wodzislaw v Rovers

Is it live on (internet) radio tonight?
    Not the Polish version
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I very much doubt it as it is on at the same time as the Special Olympics opening cermony.

Updates on www.livescore.com
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks colm for the info and link.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [SIZE=4]Come on the polish![/SIZE]
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Neil
    Up the poles!!!!

J.O.F.A.S
    Some good european ties for all Irish clubs this year,

Best of luck to all clubs north and south of the border except for the Scum Rovers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How

How in Gods name can ye give out about people supporting scottish teams when ye lot are chearing on Polish Teams against an Irish team?

thats silly, plain daft in my opinion.

C'mon Rovers do the league proud!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Down with the polacks

Do the EL proud Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: How

Originally posted by eoinh
    How in Gods name can ye give out about people supporting scottish teams when ye lot are chearing on Polish Teams against an Irish team?
    absolutely spot on, i hope every LOI team does well, it's better for the rest of the league in the long run.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wat kind of muppets are ye cheering on the polish, ye should be ashamed. they may be trouble makers but there representing our country and its something every LOI supporter should be proud of. just because they took your spot.

Neil
    Originally posted by drummer boy
    wat kind of muppets are ye cheering on the polish, ye should be ashamed. they may be trouble makers but there representing our country and its something every LOI supporter should be proud of. just because they took your spot.
    Jeeze, twas a joke!
    Much in all as I hate Rovers, I was happy to se them win against Odra.

The only worry is if they go through to the next round will the City v Rovers game on the 11th July be changed to midweek?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    OK, I apologise

Match Report from Odra Wodzislaw
    June 22 2003 at 1:20 PM eoinh (Login eoinh)
    from IP address 193.193.167.122

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Hundred Rovers fans were holding a party here in Southern Poland last night after their side struck two late goals to take a huge step towards the second round of the intertoto cup.
    Winger Tony Grant struck the biggest goal of his career so far with seven minutes remaining when he slipped his marker in the box and stabbed home from close range. Four minutes later Stephen Grant had struck the equaliser from a build up by Tony Grant and Glen Fitzpatrick. Rovers had looked tentative in the opening exchanges.
    However, that quickly changed when a defence-splitting pass from Jason Colwell resulted in a Stephen Grant shot being cleared off the line by Jan Cios on 16 minutes.
    A further opportunity fell to veteran defender terry Palmer, who rose to head against the bar from a James Keddy corner on 36 minutes. Odra's only chance of note came from the shaven-headed Rafal Jarosz, who squeezed his shot towards Barry Ryans goal, but the rovers defence regrouped to keep the game scoreless as the half petered out. As rovers pressed for a precxious away goal ijn the second half, Odra appeared to be crumbling.
    However, a fatal slip by full back Richie Byrne allowed Jacek Ziarkowski to beat the advancing Ryan. That seemed a cruel blow destined to knock the stuffing out of the away side, but they rallied wonderfully.
    The victory vindicated Liam Buckleys decision to bring his team to Poland two days before hand., while his opposite number Ryszard Wieczorek was looking foolish for having only started three first-choice players. And it signalled the start of the party, with beer at 70 cent per LITRE!
    Taken from the Sunday Times!!!!!!!

I have something funny about rovers, cork city and the poles which ill post up tomorrow.
    You'll enjoy it anyway Neil