Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 6 Nations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I don't understand the anti-Ryle brigade here. I find he's a decent commentator, fair and leaves the technical stuff to Ward, Hook etc. I'd certainly prefer to listen to him than those idiots on Sky, or the BBC lads. And he's miles ahead of danger-here on rte.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I don't understand the anti-Ryle brigade here. I find he's a decent commentator, fair and leaves the technical stuff to Ward, Hook etc. I'd certainly prefer to listen to him than those idiots on Sky, or the BBC lads. And he's miles ahead of danger-here on rte.
    I don't mind him at least he a rugby commentator & knows something about the game. Danger here should not be let near rugby as he does not understand the game.

The banter between Butler & Moore on BBC can be fairly good as Moore knows he is criticised for being biased & Butler gives him some rope to hang himself.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i honestly can't watch a rugby match when hamilton is commentating,its painful

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I watched the game on BBC. My God, it was as if it was an international between Ireland vs Cipriani. The commentator never stopped drooling about him and even had Austin Healy on the sideline watching his performance. In fact Healey was chatting away about Cipriani as Ireland scored a try There were close-ups of him every 10 seconds and the hyperole about him defied belief. He had a good game ok but.....way ott.
    absolutely agree. I think the BBC coverage is much better, and I actually like Brian Moore as an analyst, but the commentator's focus on Cipriani was ridiculous. Yes, he played well, but he wasn't the legend the BBC made him out to be.

Cable TV in Japan shows the six nations, and I get feed from the BBC for every game except those from Paris, for whatever reason. Then it's RTE, and the difference in the quality of the coverage is noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    ....The banter between Butler & Moore on BBC can be fairly good as Moore knows he is criticised for being biased & Butler gives him some rope to hang himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    absolutely agree. I think the BBC coverage is much better, and I actually like Brian Moore as an analyst.....
    Whatever anyone thinks about Brian Moore, he certainly knows his rugby. While you would expect him to favour England, I find he is more critical of poor England play than he is on any other team. He also gives recognition for good play. The only team I think he genuinely doesn't like is France. I think he and Eddie Butler work well together.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910