Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerr slams Arveladze boo-boys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Kerr slams Arveladze boo-boys

Kerr slams Arveladze boo-boys

Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr has slammed the Lansdowne Road boo-boys who jeered the every touch of Georgian striker Shota Arveladze because of his association with Celtic’s Old Firm rivals, Glasgow Rangers.

The former Ajax forward, who joined Rangers last year, drew constant jeers from a small section of the Irish crowd almost every time he found himself in possession.

Arveladze rarely threatened to silence his detractors, getting only a half-chance before the break which was headed away by Irish full back Stephen Carr.

A year ago, Irish fans greeted another Rangers forward, Peter Lovenkrands, with a cacophony of jeers when he was introduced as a sub for Denmark in a pre-World Cup friendly.

And Kerr called for the fans to desist from the practice. "It’s not nice, and it just shouldn’t be happening," he said. "It’s a bit unbecoming of us in this day and age, and I think we should be above that sort of stuff."

www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Rooney backs Kerr’s call

Rooney backs Kerr’s call

FAI Chief Executive Fran Rooney has reiterated manager Brian Kerr’s desire to stamp out the booing of players who play for a particular club, following last night’s treatment of Georgia and Rangers striker Shota Arveladze.

A minority of the Irish support at Lansdowne Road last night constantly booed the Rangers striker every time he touched the ball and Rooney is adamant that this must be stamped out.

"We will look at how other Associations deal with it, get the players involved and get the media involved. We’ve got to stamp it out," stressed Rooney.

"The Association has already tried things. We have made announcements before which only intensified the booing and last night, Brian Kerr’s programme notes asked for no booing.

"Sometimes supporters boo a player when he makes a bad tackle or because of his attitude and I suppose that’s part of football but to boo players because of the club he is associated with.

"It is certainly the minority of people who boo. I think that sometimes people don’t even realise why they are booing and think it’s because the player maybe made a bad tackle, but it startedvery early last night and was nothing to do with the game."

www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    it's all well and good to condemn it, let's see some positive moves from the FAI before this behaviour escalates. A brief period of media coverage and appeals by players has allevited many of the problems at englands last two home games (at least they've not booed the opposition's national anthem for two games). The FAI needs to get their act together now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am from belfast and Republic of Ireland supporter - this booing behaviour needs positive action from FAI and needs to be stamped out now. We do not want the level of sectarianism that plights football in the north to spread.
    I was actually at N.Ireland/Spain match as Spanish friends got me a ticket for Spanish section and I did not want to appear rude and say I would rather watch Ireland/Georgia on the box - and I must admit the general atmosphere at Winsor Park, although far from normal and non sectarian, has improved greatly. So it would be a pitty that we as Republic of Ireland supporters moved in an opposite direction. All that ****e has no place in sport and anyway toleration of others with whom you disagree is a sign of maturity and indeed common sense.

Two sites that may be of interest to posters here

http://www.irishabroad.com/Discussions/

the sports section usually good for tongue in check laugh and...

http://www.ourweecountry.co.uk/

...which is a Northern Ireland fan site from which I am automatically banned for no reason
    Last edited by belfastreb; 18/06/2003 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You, Mr Silvio Dante, are what any normal person would call a complete 'dork'. Maybe if you tried to better yourself, get yourself some sort of education you would cease to air such vile. This is an Irish football site, not a platform for you to air ignorance and sectarianism - be gone with you fool and crawl back to hole you emerged from.

Slan

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Silvo, can I ask you what your agenda is? Are you an eL supporter? You have not made a point which hasn't been addressed already and you seem intent on negative posting regarding your knowledge of Celtic and of Brian Kerr's statements and team selection.

A large number of us are members of Brian Kerr's Green and White army. If you want to be a member of some other Green and white army fine.

BK's options in either game were limited. I don't think he comprimised a result by playing Damian Duff 'in the hole' and certainly whilst I'm no fan of Kilbane he had a MOM performance against Georgia.

On the Booing, It was embarrassing that the stadium reacted like it did... many of the inbreds that boo'd Shota didn't positively support the team thewy were there for...

Now fook of back to your Glasgow slums before I caress your ass with a slap...
    Last edited by Xlex; 24/06/2003 at 2:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Xlex
    Now fook of back to your Glasgow slums before I knock your head off...
    chill the beans there xlex, no need for threats like
    just cause u dont agree with him doesnt mean u have to resort to his mentality
    life is random

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Now fook of back to your Glasgow slums before I caress your ass with a slap...
    happier?
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Silvio Dante

I'll boo a Hun on any football pitch from here to Baghdad.

Can we arrange a flight ASAP to Baghdad for this imbecile? You, son, are doing the team you purport to support so much harm by your attitude. Do you think big multi-nations will want to sponsor, be associated with or pump money into our team with 'toe-rags' like you for ‘supporters (?????)'

Slan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It would pretty funny If Rangers bought Duff...

It would never happen, and obviously woud be a disaster for everyone concerned...

.... but the silver lining would be the look on Dante's face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Silvo, can I ask you what your agenda is? Are you an eL supporter? "

A Notts Forest fan posted on our mb recently asking about rovers saying some ***** going by the name of Silvio Dante claiming to be a rovers ultra had been wrecking their heads, I assume its the same bloke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    d13Bohs
    A Notts Forest fan posted on our mb recently asking about rovers saying some ***** going by the name of Silvio Dante claiming to be a rovers ultra had been wrecking their heads

Silvio Dante
    I've been a Celt from birth, a Forest fan for 25 years and an Irish fan through heritage. Anything else....

and a rovers fan last and least by the sounds of it silvio. ultra my backside.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to disagree with you on this one Silvio, I've been living in Glasgow for the past four years and was quite a keen Celtic supporter at the start. I still am but not to the same degree, I play football quite a bit over here as well, I just get sick and tired of the crap that goes on between the two teams where there equally as bad as each other.

This kind of booing is something I expected and comes from the uneducated sections of the crowd who give us genuine Irish supporters a bad name.

I was present at the Ireland v Scotland game in Hampden and was surrounded totally by Scottish Celtic fans in the Irish end, I had brought my girlfriend along with me and she was quite appalled at their behaviour. She is from Australia where she tells me these type of events are very family orientated and enjoyable atmospheres. I certainly would not have brought a child to this game. During the game we were exposed to a number of bigoted songs directed at the Rangers sections of the Tartan Army. Why these fans do not support their country of birth is something I find hard to understand.

Support your country proudly and properly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    some supporters, the tartan Army are non-sectarian and the are recognised as the Scottich supporters freom which most eminate from clubs outside of the Auld Firm...
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I understand where your coming from but speaking for myself if I was born in Scotland and lived there all my life I would support the Scottish national team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To get back to the booing, I say keeps these things out of our country as it has nothing to do with the Irish national team.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by petef
    To get back to the booing, I say keeps these things out of our country as it has nothing to do with the Irish national team.
    Yeah, opposing the booing & opposing celtic supporters are 2 separate issues.

If eL fans can leave their club rivalrys outside Ireland games then others can leave their sectarian chants & foreign football support at the gate also.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    agreed, i've got nothing against celtic or their fans, but the FAI have got to do something to cut the (sectarian) booing out. there's no place for it in our game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    Patently you haven't been round these parts. You should, we have loads of shops that flog Aran jumpers and flat caps to tourists and plastics...
    I'm guessing you didn't cheer for McGrath, Mcloughlin, Breen, Kilbane, Connolly, Holland, etc etc.....Plastics hey who needs em!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    fair enough, your original post was a little misleading thats all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Silvio Dante
    I've been a Celt from birth, a Forest fan for 25 years and an Irish fan through heritage. Anything else....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, here are some more plastics...
    http://www.123art.co.uk/modern_art/plastic-people-s.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast