Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kerr slams Arveladze boo-boys

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    Oh dear, have I touched a nerve there, bud? Bit defensive about the family tree and all that?

Old skool? Love it, particularly Altern8, Krome and Time, 808State, and the whole 1991/1992 era.

In fairness to this board, perhaps we should pull this thread away from non-football matters. How're Nottingham Forest getting on in the English First Division? Good English club with a good tradition in the English leagues, I think they have a strong chance of getting back to the English Premiership fairly soon, which will be great for all their English fans...and of course the barstool brigade here...
    Altern-8
    have their LP Full On Mask Hysteria. Comes with a free 12"

808 State
    brilliant. Ninety and Newbuild are classic records

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    barstool brigade here...
    Is there some private bet going on between you 'Real Irish fans' as to who can post the EL Buzz phrase the most?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Aha, scratch the Brit and they will always come out with racist stereotypes about the Irish. You Anglo Saxons, of course, are a much cleaner smarter race than us Celts. Now will you leave us alone?
    If you had read this eejit's message you would have found that BOTH his parents were Irish. Therefore how can SD be of the Anglo - Saxon race? Me thinks that you need some education on the facts of life... aswell as being a bit of prat.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    OK, OK. On this subject I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder. I've been waiting a few years for an operation on the NHS to give one on the other side so that I'm more balanced.

SD was out of order to bring in Kerry stereotyping, but then he's a crouton short of a Ceasar's salad. But if you think that is bad, then maybe you should have grown up in Seventies and early Eighties Britain where this sort of bile was thrown at you from all quarters: Fellow schoolkids, the TV, and in my case, even some teachers. Having an English accent didn't mean a thing if (as in my case) one of your parents was Irish. You were inherantly, even genetically, THICK! And believe me, this was not tongue in cheek. Some people actually believed this view, just as some believed the world to be flat.

Oh, and there are loads of prats in hertfordshire...especially on a Friday and Saturday night.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I can understand all of you and the resentment when local lads are off EVERY weekend to watch foreign sides. Although born and brought up in Britain, I do not follow any English side, although I do passively follow Celtic and was at the Fulham game recently. The only club side I actively watch (either on TV or with the help of Michael O'Leary's fabulous airline, in Europe) is Deportivo La Coruna, solely because La Coruna is my mother's home town, and I've watched depor when I went to Galicia as a kid on holiday and they were fluctuating between 2nd and 3rd division.

But then some of the 'real' Irish, trying to be politically correct, will look on this, as have some indeed suggested, as me being anti-English and me trying to be more Irish than the Irish themselves. I don't attempt an Irish accent, don't like Gaelic football (but love hurling), and can't stand Gayzone and Westbrits. But I do read Irish history and have attempted to learn Irish.

English football just does nothing for me. As a kid I supported Arsenal when they were crammed full of Irishmen. But it didn't take long before I knew that Arsenal and Ireland are as connected as water and electricity. I was at the Arsenal - Man U game in 1981 shortly after my first Ireland away game and the abuse that Frank Stapleton got, some of which refered to his nationality, put me off that club for life.

Sadly, any hope of seeing EL sides in Europe are rare (although Bohs came close to playing Deportivo this year). I've watched Cork in Cwmbran and Sligo in Brugge. Both great trips in which a number of 2G lads like myself made the trip an excuse for a drink infused beano. Let's hope that those days return again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by Silvio Dante
    This post says it all.

Lopez: keep your nose out in future. Theres a good chap....
    Apologies. Two croutons short of a ceasar's salad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Anything else I shouldn't say, or Lopez should not get involved in, Silvio?
    Nottingham Forest?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Morning Lopez, if you're reading this. Sorry I haven't finished reading your excellent thesis yet! Will do soon...

PS Sammy out
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by Duncan Gardner
    Morning Lopez, if you're reading this. Sorry I haven't finished reading your excellent thesis yet! Will do soon...

PS Sammy out
    FB. Nice of you to come and visit the 'not-so-free state.' And you're not even after tickets! After all those republicans on the OWC board, winding up the good folk of Ulster, I for one look forward to some of you mixing it down here.

BTW, a little bit of politics, but loved the way that RC priest was demanding that the de-frocked presbyterian minister in the Pepsicola (or wherever) should not only NOT fry, but be released, after going rambo outside the abortion clinic. Ahhh, if we could only get along so nicely here, eh?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Abortion Clinics. Isn't that where they tear little babies to shreads and the mother(oops my mistake. I meant former mother) gets to go home for tea....
    You missed something, SD. It's also where certain members of the medical profession make a lot of dosh.

Anyway, I thought you were an atheist?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    What has God got to do with mutilating unborn children...?
    My god, an atheist that is anti-abortion. You do surprise me. In my experience they're the one's always going on about choice, woman's body, interfering priests, etc.

Conor, apologies for bringing it up on a football site, but it was merely to point out how the RC and FP Churches forget their differences on this subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    G'luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12