147 26.68%
Page 111 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Trapattoni set to speak with Stephen Ireland, according to Tardelli: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/t...and-95614.html
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Trapattoni set to speak with Stephen Ireland, according to Tardelli: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/t...and-95614.html
    Could be quite tough for him to meet with Ireland if he is due to spend next week in germany and following 3 in south africa, would they ever put this story to bed and stop printing lies.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Could be quite tough for him to meet with Ireland if he is due to spend next week in germany and following 3 in south africa, would they ever put this story to bed and stop printing lies.
    Unfortunately they never will unless/until he comes back or alternatively his form dips for his club and we get some decent alternatives in central midfield (McCann, Gibson and McCarthy all look promising) whereby his absence is no longer such an issue.

It's been 2 years now and it still doesn't look like fizzling out. Trap must be sick of hearing Stephen Ireland's name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well Trap is based in Milan. It's not that far to Germany. He may want to do it out of spotlight of Irish and English media. Seems to some momentum in the story, but hard to see him back in a green jersey.
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Only person who can put "story to bed" is Stephen Ireland, drop the "never say never" line and announce his retirement, due to more important things than playing for your country...end of !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    What has ****ed me off so much regardless of whether Steven returns or not, is the way he has allowed this fiasco to drag out for so long. All it takes is one interview to say are you coming back or not. But no. He's playing the FAI and the Irish fans for a fool and is allowing Trappatoni, Brady et al go on a wild goose chase for him. Almost an attention stunt.
    You've got no fans.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    What has ****ed me off so much regardless of whether Steven returns or not, is the way he has allowed this fiasco to drag out for so long. All it takes is one interview to say are you coming back or not. But no. He's playing the FAI and the Irish fans for a fool and is allowing Trappatoni, Brady et al go on a wild goose chase for him. Almost an attention stunt.
    Or perhaps he doesnt feel ready to come back and doesnt want to close the door forever, which he has informed trap previously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Yeah, I don't really get the demand of some people to make him say "I'M NEVER COMING BACK."

I don't really see it as creating drama, I see it more that he doesn't (or didn't) want to come back, but that he realizes that if conditions change (whether that be within himself or the team setup), then he might want to play for Ireland in the future.

I can't read his mind, and I don't agree with everything he has done or said, but this demand to make a final decision on his international career at age 22 seems a bit extreme.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Didnt he say in his last tv interview posted here, that he wasnt ready to go back playing for ireland, so i dont think he allowed it to drag on, i will be the happiest man in ireland if hes in the next squad, be superb news ahead of the key qualification games
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Didnt he say in his last tv interview posted here, that he wasnt ready to go back playing for ireland, so i dont think he allowed it to drag on,
    Dude.. I dunno whether you've some kind of obligated loyalty to him, friend, family or whatever but you're insulting my inteligence with that statement.... You don't think he allowed it to drag on??? You for real?? How long ago was the issue with his Girlfriend/Granny??
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This indeed has dragged on so can he either say Yeah or Neigh and be done with the whole thing.
    From a footballing side he's a top player no question so it would be fantastic to have him but I think if he is to come back hopefully it will be for one of the friendlies at Thomond Park don't want his first game to be against Cyprus on Sep 5th can you imagine the media.
    It's a big enough game a must win game, without adding the "Stephen Ireland" equation to it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Dude.. I dunno whether you've some kind of obligated loyalty to him, friend, family or whatever but you're insulting my inteligence with that statement.... You don't think he allowed it to drag on??? You for real?? How long ago was the issue with his Girlfriend/Granny??
    It is the media and people constantly debating it on sites like this that has dragged it on, not him. He said he wasnt ready and doesnt want to rule it out for the rest of his playing career by giving a definate (no) answer. He was told contact trap when ready. The option is his to make himself available at the end of the day.... like it is the managers to include him or not if he ever does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    .....I see it more that he doesn't (or didn't) want to come back, but that he realizes that if conditions change (whether that be within himself or the team setup), then he might want to play for Ireland in the future.....
    I don't think he will come back before the Cyprus game. The result in Cyprus and probably more importantly the result of the Italy v Bulgaria game the following Wednesday will have a huge bearing on the group.

If we go into the last 2 games at home to Italy and Montenegro needing 2 wins to progress, SI will not come back. He won't want the pressure of proving that he will make the big difference that most people think he will, after all if he did come back and we didn't make it, many will change their mind on whether he should have been brought back. Under those circumstances the only 'win' position is if he plays and we get 2 wins.

If we did qualify without him, there is no doubt he would look to worm his way back.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    I don't think he will come back before the Cyprus game. The result in Cyprus and probably more importantly the result of the Italy v Bulgaria game the following Wednesday will have a huge bearing on the group.

If we go into the last 2 games at home to Italy and Montenegro needing 2 wins to progress, SI will not come back. He won't want the pressure of proving that he will make the big difference that most people think he will, after all if he did come back and we didn't make it, many will change their mind on whether he should have been brought back. Under those circumstances the only 'win' position is if he plays and we get 2 wins.

If we did qualify without him, there is no doubt he would look to worm his way back.

How do you know this? or more speculation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    [/b]

How do you know this? or more speculation
    I'd be shocked if he tried to get back in for the WC having played no part in qualification. I think he propably knows it's either now...or wait til the next campaign, if indeed he has any interest in coming back at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here is the video of him training with the martial arts expert. Terrible pity he wouldnt take his national team as seriously as pre-pre season training

http://mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Ste...-Part-2?play=1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Or perhaps he doesnt feel ready to come back and doesnt want to close the door forever, which he has informed trap previously.
    Well don't bother coming back then. Playing for the Irish soccer team is an honour.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He is like a spoilt child.. He knows at this stage that the irish management will have him back in a flash. I just worry about the reaction of some of the players if he does eventually come back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie!

Why is he thinking of coming back NOW?

I guess;

It's summer break, he's looking at The Confederation Cup etc., he's thinking that next year he could be sitting watching Ireland in SA wishing he was there, all his team mates, Robihno etc., etc. will be there. He doesn't want to be the Roy out walking the dog. He knows he'll be very welcome back and has given the first signals.

Welcome back, we do need him, now bring in Andy Reid too and we can shut this forum down

And here we go, the Magic 11:

4-1-3-1-1

.............GIVEN.......................

Finnan, Dunne, S. Ledger, O'Shea

...............S.Reid.................

A.Reid... S. Ireland.....D. Duff

............R. Keane................
    ............K. Doyle.................
    Last edited by Scram; 06/07/2009 at 6:01 PM. Reason: Feck UP !

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    why dont you have Ireland in your magic 11??

Edit - now ya have it.................................finally ;o)
    Last edited by newbie; 06/07/2009 at 6:05 PM.