147 26.68%
Page 99 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    David Bentley refused to play for the U-21's in the European Championships, and was booed at games for more than a year afterwards
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I'd like to see McCarthy make the move to Wigan if the rumours of Martinez's interest prove true. If he goes for 3/4/5 mill then I expect him to go straight into the starting eleven. He would then have 3 or 4 games in the Premiership under his belt come the August friendly. If he stands out then he might be our midfield answer rather than SI.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Fat Frank in recent times, Man Utd players when the likes of Neville, Beckham, Scholes were regulars got booed by the England faithful at Wemberlee on numerous occasions.

English club fans at the likes of Man U and Liverpool quite often resent the national side (or certainly dont give a toss about it), I dont see how they would give a $hit whether the likes of Stephen Ireland played for his country - in fact Id say theyd be fairly happy that he abstained.

I dont see how English fans have got anything right in this regard........
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Was listening to John Brennan from the Sunday World on the Radio this morning and he said that Stephen Hunt went on the record saying that players would not be happy if Stephen Ireland returned. Now I couldn't give a toss what that moron Hunt says, but Brennan also stated that a few other players stated it off the record. Anybody hear of what players are for his return and who would be against it?

cheers

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    Was listening to John Brennan from the Sunday World on the Radio this morning and he said that Stephen Hunt went on the record saying that players would not be happy if Stephen Ireland returned. Now I couldn't give a toss what that moron Hunt says, but Brennan also stated that a few other players stated it off the record. Anybody hear of what players are for his return and who would be against it?

cheers
    The same sort of stuff was being spread around before Roy Keane came back into the Irish squad.People were saying that he could never come back because players would resent it and rubbish like that. At the end of the day they are professionals and they will get on with it like they have done before. Hunt is probably coming out and saying it because he would face more competition for his place in the team if Ireland came back, as would others.That should bring out the best in them if they are proper pros as they should work harder to keep their place
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    The same sort of stuff was being spread around before Roy Keane came back into the Irish squad.People were saying that he could never come back because players would resent it and rubbish like that. At the end of the day they are professionals and they will get on with it like they have done before. Hunt is probably coming out and saying it because he would face more competition for his place in the team if Ireland came back, as would others.That should bring out the best in them if they are proper pros as they should work harder to keep their place
    Good point. I have never disliked an Irish player as much as Stephen Hunt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is it so difficult for people to take the level headed approach on this.... it seems you have to either whinge about how he would have won us the * insert last game here" or, with much disregard for irony, publicly announcing your dislike for him and the attention he recieves.

He's a great player who had a fantastic year, he made a few crazy mistakes and let himself down. Let him decide what he wants to do and let us forgive and forget if needs be, but keep our dignity and whats best for the team as our top priority....... exactly what Trappatoni is doing.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Stephen Ireland's father claims his son wants to return and play.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/bo...e-1765758.html

Also Trap has said today that he has been talking with Mark Hughes about how to get Ireland back playing for his country.
    Last edited by Noelys Guitar; 08/06/2009 at 1:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    again no quote and the only quotes we have had has been Ireland saying he is not interestd in playing and he does not miss it one bit. His father has feck all to do with this in my view. He shoudl give trap a call and then Trap should think about it and make a decision weighing up all the options and effects his return would have.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Won't this thing just lay down and die? It's the same old story recycled that first appeared about two weeks before the Georgian home game.

Hasn't Ireland already said recently that he has no interest playing for the national team again anytime soon?
    Last edited by youngirish; 08/06/2009 at 2:08 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Apparently Trapattoni wants to extend his contract beyond South Africa. I'd be happy with that even if we don't qualify. Great news. He must be sick of being asked about Stephen Ireland though. Maybe he will have it written into his new contract that he doesn't have to answer questions on his availablility.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/20...-international
    Last edited by youngirish; 08/06/2009 at 2:12 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Crucially though Trapp says SI still never got back to him ("He's a shy boy")..

I don't know yer mans Da. He could be a jayzus bar fly media whore living vicariously through his sons fame (infamy??) cos he didn't make it himself. Who knows??

I know me own Da would tell people where to go and to ask me themselves if he had to answer a question on my behalf more than once (And probbly not even that either)... Then tell me to wise up and give a straight answer one way or the other...

As regards having him back. I'm leaving it in the hands of Trapp. If Hunt isn't being quoted out of context.. Trap won't do anything counter productive to the squads goals..

I think I'm just gonna blindly follow what he does now, the ******...
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Stephen Ireland can f*ckoff.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    If he comes back, we will qualify, its a simple as that

What the hell is wrong with some people.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post

Steven Ireland is a good footballer (although he's the fu*king second coming according to some people).

Steven Ireland doesn't give two s*its about playing for Ireland. This is 100% undeniable at this stage.

Steven Ireland is a lying arrogant *****.

'Bring back Ireland, we need Ireland, Trap's an idiot because we don't have Ireland, forgive Ireland, blah blah blah.' Messi's not bad, but he probably won't play for us either. Where is your outrage?

Seriously - what the hell is wrong with some people?

Oh - and we're going to qualify anyway, because for the first time in 7 years we're HARD TO BEAT. It's worked before, and it is working again. Daddy D!ck won't help us on that score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    from man city's official site: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pa...newsid=6634093
    Trapattoni said: "We have to know if he wishes to come back or not. I saw two or three City games and I like him, and I will try all possible ways to get him to come back. I want to know what he is thinking and Mark Hughes is not sure. He said it is up to him, but we do not know."
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post

Correct, but we'll qualify anyway.
    You've got no fans.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Correct, but we'll qualify anyway.
    I wouldn't be too sure. Even if we make the play-offs we will struggle to beat anyone half decent over 2 legs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure. Even if we make the play-offs we will struggle to beat anyone half decent over 2 legs.

If we get to the play offs we would definetely give it our best shot, who knows what would happen over the 2 legs.

The key at this stage is to make sure we do enough to be in that position come November.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    We'll just have to top the group so!
    Its really not that complicated!!!