• No

147 26.68%
Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I thought Ireland was actually ok against Sunderland. I didn't think he was anonymous anyway. There's no doubt in my mind people are going to be saying that about him for the rest of his career but he'll still be getting picked regularly for a top flight team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I thought Ireland was actually ok against Sunderland. I didn't think he was anonymous anyway. There's no doubt in my mind people are going to be saying that about him for the rest of his career but he'll still be getting picked regularly for a top flight team.
    Maybe the position he plays in for City means he doesn't get as much ball as he'd like but everything City tried going forward was played through Petrov on the left or Elano - neither being very effective. Ireland made simple passes now and again but besides that didn't do anything

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    And Stephen Reid had a decent game against Liverpool yesterday so there's no doubt the two Reids should be certain starters in CM with Ireland an impact sub if needed. I'm not too bothered if he quits - leave him off

It's all well and good saying X and Y are better players etc etc... Bet we need depth.

For me it's A Reid or Ireland for similar roles in the ireland team (Some may argue differently). To say Reid is better so we don't need Ireland is a bit short sighted. There's gonna be injuries, suspensions, loss of form even just plain substitiutions mid game. We need options.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As far as I know the article that surfaced saying he was going to retire didnt have much substance to it, wait and see what happens with his meeting with Trap before anything else. Also as far as I read or saw on the box the only comments made by Stephen Ireland in the last few days have been in the Daily Star....

"I have never told anybody that I am not going to play for my country and I have an open mind going into my meeting with Mr Trapattoni," he said in the Irish Daily Star.

"Obviously, because I am meeting with the new Irish manager I cannot say a lot, but I am looking forward to sitting down with him.

"Personally, I will be happy to resolve the matter as soon as I have met with the manager and we have both discussed our situations."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    But why? Why does he have to sit down with the new manager? He said he's available. He can explain himself in person no?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    the 21-year-old player said to be considering retiring from international football on a permanent basis.
    As far as I am concerned, that happened last September. It's clear who wears the trousers in his house.

I don't want him back, and Trap shouldn't have to stoop to his level. He has more important things to do.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    But why? Why does he have to sit down with the new manager? He said he's available. He can explain himself in person no?
    Six players from the squad held him down and tried to pull his hair out for the laugh. He's obviously sensitive about such matters. And like most males of that age, he hids behind a fake front. his being a bravado of stupid looking cars, silly goal celebrations and bebo nicknames. The hair incident is undoubtedly the reason he left the squad. He no doubt now wants assurances from the new Ireland management team regarding squad discipline and behaviour.
    If he had no desire to play from Ireland, he wouldn't of been there in the first place, and wouldnt be planning to meet Trapattoni now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekers
    Six players from the squad held him down and tried to pull his hair out for the laugh. He's obviously sensitive about such matters. The hair incident is undoubtedly the reason he left the squad.
    So what happened to the "miscarriage"??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    So what happened to the "miscarriage"??
    it thought the word was that was another lie but no one was gonna call him on it. im probably wrong and my whole theory is bull****, but i cant see any other reason he'd need to talk to trap.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Sick of this muppet. He shouldn't need anyone to talk to him about coming back into the squad. Let him go. He's not that good ffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekers View Post
    ....... im probably wrong and my whole theory is bull****, .....
    Can smell it from here!!!!!
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Six players from the squad held him down and tried to pull his hair out for the laugh. He's obviously sensitive about such matters. And like most males of that age, he hids behind a fake front. his being a bravado of stupid looking cars, silly goal celebrations and bebo nicknames. The hair incident is undoubtedly the reason he left the squad. He no doubt now wants assurances from the new Ireland management team regarding squad discipline and behaviour.
    If he had no desire to play from Ireland, he wouldn't of been there in the first place, and wouldnt be planning to meet Trapattoni now.
    boo bloody hoo...if he pulls these acts of "fake bravado" and doesn't expect to get ribbed by his teammates for it then he's more of a deluded soul than I originally thought. And if he cites something as trivial as this as a reason not to play for his county then f*ck him, we don't want him anywhere near the team.
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    it thought the word was that was another lie but no one was gonna call him on it. im probably wrong and my whole theory is bull****, but i cant see any other reason he'd need to talk to trap.
    No you're probably right and there were some people at the time, me included, who didn't believe any of it. and we were castigated for it, absolutely lashed out of it.
    He's a spoofer and a hypocrite. He doesn't like attention yet he courts it. If Trap goes to Manchester and meet him already the relationship is on Ireland's terms.
    One part is saying he's a big girls blouse for giving in to horseplay, the other part of me is furious that a *****r like Staunton (i.e. one of the lads) was in charge of cr*p like that.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I thought Ireland was actually ok against Sunderland
    one radio report on sat said that he was taken off after "looking not even remotely interested in playing the match"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    one radio report on sat said that he was taken off after "looking not even remotely interested in playing the match"
    Must've though it was an international
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Joe Hart was doing 'teammates' on Soccer AM. Asked who the most ckillful player was at Cuty, he quickly answered Stephen Ireland. Asked who the most stupid player in the team was, he again said Stephen Ireland.
    Sum him up really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Joe Hart was doing 'teammates' on Soccer AM. Asked who the most ckillful player was at Cuty, he quickly answered Stephen Ireland. Asked who the most stupid player in the team was, he again said Stephen Ireland.
    Sum him up really
    Micah Richards had him down as most skillful when he was asked the questions earlier this season. Rooney named O'Shea as most intelligent!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Micah Richards had him down as most skillful when he was asked the questions earlier this season. Rooney named O'Shea as most intelligent!
    "in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Why doesn't he just shave his head? Can't look any worse than that transplanted butt hair.

Seriously nobody knows what's going on, it's a farcical situation. He may be our Gazza, we really haven't had a nutter in the Ireland setup for a while now, there's an idea for a new thread - an Ireland Nutter 11, biggiest nutters since 1980...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    If he was getting bullied in the previous setup then the problem wasn't with him it was with the other players and it should be them getting kicked out.

He walked, he alone should face the consequences of never been picked again.

20 years ago, David O'Leary refused to travel to Iceland. Charlton banned him from the squad for 2.5 years. We coped and blossomed. As we will without this bloke.