147 26.68%
Page 103 of 212 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    maybe it just more simple, he dosent really rate him, along with all the other issues he had with him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    "Andy Reid is a character. He values himself a lot and when he doesn’t play, he gets sad. I need a winning smile, enthusiasm. There are other players who don’t play but they still smile." - Trapp, Nov 2008
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the Neil Proposition is bang on the money. The quote above, the fact that he was included in squads early on and was even ready to come on in Mainz suggest Trap thinks he has something to offer ability-wise but his attitude is what has cost him his place.

I suspect Joey O'Brien would have met with the same treatment if he was fit. The irony in Joey O'Brien's case is that if had stayed fit and stayed patient he'd probably have been our right back for the last few games.

He's actually one I keep forgetting about although his career is reaching a critical stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think anybody who saw me in Mainz will really know what "the Neil Proposition" really is.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I have this image of Prop Joe, is it close?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    You are not far off geysir
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hunts comments are making me a little uneasy for future harmony in the squad.

The eligibility change could possibly add fuel to the fire should one or two be added to the squad. Rightly or wrongly - The existing bunch could well resent the addition of players.

As we know, perceived wrong doing has had traumatising implications in the past.
    it wouldn't be the 1st time that new players coming (or S Ireland coming back) would be the cause of disharmony amongst the players.

Euro 88: Chris Morris started ahead of John Anderson in all 3 games and replaced poor Dave Langan in the squad without having played a solitary second of the qualifiers. I'm sure both players were fuming over this.

WC 90 Alan McLoughlin got Gary Waddock dumped out of the squad and got 2 run outs in the finals compared to Dave O'Leary's & Ronnie Whelans 1! McLoughlin had never even played top flight football never mind an internatioonal. I'll doubt if they were best pleased about that.

WC 94 McAteer, Gary Kelly & Babb all got plenty of game time without playing a qualifier. Alan Kernaghan and Denis Irwin suffered because of this.

Point is, it's being going on for years, it's the managers decision and the players will have to like it or lump it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    I was looking at one of the Man City forums (bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk) and they have many threads on Stephen Ireland, obviously. A new one popped up in relation to Stephen Hunt's interview on SSN, where he spoke about Ireland's absence from the national team.
    Anyway.......someone on that forum who claims to know Ireland personally gives the following reason for his absence:

"........Superman and is teamates where having a drink at the time he had inplants in is hair after a few drinks to many the 4 Irish players from Reading , the 2 Hunt brothers , Shane Long and I think Kevin Doyle deceided it would be fun to take the inplants out of Supermans hair , that so am told is the real reason Ireland does not play for Rep of Ireland he left that night or in the morning saying it was cause of a Family Death and then we all now what happened after that , he also implied that he would not play for them whilst the 4 lads from Reading where in the Rep of Ireland squad."

Hunt's repeated comments on this, whether it be on SSN, TV3 or Tubridy, seem to correlate with this version of events. If true, I imagine he was the ring leader - he should keep his mouth shut on the issue.
    If Ireland were to come back, it would be Hunt who would find his place in the most jeopardy - and he knows it. I also feel that the recent murmurings regarding Ireland's possible return to the Irish set-up coincide not only with the approaching climax of World Cup qualification, but also with the relative decline of the Reading quartet's influence in the side.

Discuss!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    I was looking at one of the Man City forums (bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk) and they have many threads on Stephen Ireland, obviously. A new one popped up in relation to Stephen Hunt's interview on SSN, where he spoke about Ireland's absence from the national team.
    Anyway.......someone on that forum who claims to know Ireland personally gives the following reason for his absence:

"........Superman and is teamates where having a drink at the time he had inplants in is hair after a few drinks to many the 4 Irish players from Reading , the 2 Hunt brothers , Shane Long and I think Kevin Doyle deceided it would be fun to take the inplants out of Supermans hair , that so am told is the real reason Ireland does not play for Rep of Ireland he left that night or in the morning saying it was cause of a Family Death and then we all now what happened after that , he also implied that he would not play for them whilst the 4 lads from Reading where in the Rep of Ireland squad."

Hunt's repeated comments on this, whether it be on SSN, TV3 or Tubridy, seem to correlate with this version of events. If true, I imagine he was the ring leader - he should keep his mouth shut on the issue.
    If Ireland were to come back, it would be Hunt who would find his place in the most jeopardy - and he knows it. I also feel that the recent murmurings regarding Ireland's possible return to the Irish set-up coincide not only with the approaching climax of World Cup qualification, but also with the relative decline of the Reading quartet's influence in the side.

Discuss!

First off, I'm pretty sure Noel hadn't made the squad at that stage. Secondly, his hair seemed quite intact on the pitch that night against Slovakia, maybe it got loosened as players ruffled it after he scored? Or maybe not.....Didn't he leave straight after the game for a private jet or is it being suggested that that was a cover up (bit like the wig!) and he only left after this alleged incident later that night?

It's an old story that has been doing the rounds since he left the squad, I wouldn't put much credence to it especially from an internet poster who claims to be a mate of his.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    I'm sure that 'the Reading quartet' should be changed to 'the Reading trio.'

Why are sources never accurate?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I think this quote from S. Hunt isn't so dumb:

"Stephen Ireland hasn’t said much. It’s more quotes coming from his Dad. It’s time to let it go. If Stephen Ireland has got something to say, let him say it. If not, don’t bloody write about it.”

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I don't find Stephen Hunt in any way stupid. A bit eccentric maybe and theres nothing wrong with that. He was asked a question about SI and gave an honest answer. We need players looking over their shoulders worrying about their places. If SI returns to the squad then I don't believe there will be any problems. Trap will keep picking the best 11 available.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    If you'd seen Tubridy you'd have thought he was a bit thick, likeable but not the smartest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    If you'd seen Tubridy you'd have thought he was a bit thick, likeable but not the smartest.
    saw him one time on "goals on sunday" and he was quite funny. However, after that most times I've heard him or read him I've lost respect for him.

am i correct in saying that he was dropped from the Reading side towards the end of the season?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I've always liked him but started questioning his sanity after this MOTD appearance.....

Spot the difference!

Last edited by Drumcondra 69er; 10/06/2009 at 7:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    I've always liked him but started questioning his sanity after this MOTD appearance.....

Spot the difference!

worse than superman cacks and pink alloys combined if you ask me. Christ, what a gom.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post

Spot the difference!

Looks like a homeless Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Manchester should p1ss off now. He had his chance, maybe after the world cup if he grows up a bit. Cant believe people are still obsessed with him. 103 pages FFS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    WTF is hunt wearing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    he's trying to perfect the "70 year old farmer just out of mass in his sunday best" look. All he is missing is a spunk stain on his jacket.

What a loser.