• No

147 26.68%
Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Ireland is going to get the same criticism's throughout his career as the likes of Seedorf. Too many people don't appreciate the simple things. There's a reason he's getting his game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I think Ireland is going to get the same criticism's throughout his career as the likes of Seedorf. Too many people don't appreciate the simple things. There's a reason he's getting his game.
    True IMO hes clearly got ability at getting in scoring positions and setting up others as he has vision especially when he floats inside.He might never be world class but a damn good player who we could do with.Needs a quality centre forward at City to play behind.Benjani would/will do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just won the Young player of the year. Priceless he can film the interview but he cant contact Don Givens or the FAI. Irish football is like a soap Opera sometimes.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Superman said he will return but he's still feeling a bit Kraptoniite.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    787 Posts
    I heard an interview with Dunne on the radio this am and he said Ireland has no interest in coming back and would much prefer to stay at home during the international breaks.

V off Ireland .
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I thought it was funny how Micah Richards presented him with the award and not done. Thought Peter collins was priceless after it returned to citywest, ****ing himself laughing.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Listening to Richard Dunne interview this morning, it's clear Stephen Ireland has no intention of returning to play international football till its suits him, we're better off without the likes of him...Complete tool...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Listening to Richard Dunne interview this morning, it's clear Stephen Ireland has no intention of returning to play international football till its suits him, we're better off without the likes of him...Complete tool...
    He's a fool anyway. We should be ok in central midfield for the future with the two Reids playing regularly in the Premiership and the likes of Joey O'Brien and Garvan as backup so thankfully no great loss. He's far too slow for the wide positions.

He's too much of a passenger for our team we need someone with a bit of bite and drive in the midfield.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,715 Posts
    I think it's better to have players available than not available but I agree with youngirish. I just don't see Ireland being in our starting XI. He's a luxury player but we can't afford to include his type.

I really hope our midfield copes well against England U21s tomorrow night, just to confirm our hopes that there's a good batch of midfielders coming through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Is it just me....but everytime I see him he irritates the sh*te out of me.....he's got that face now that you could never tire of slapping!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there a link to the Richard Dunne interview? Who interviewed him?
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I heard an interview with Dunne on the radio this am and he said Ireland has no interest in coming back and would much prefer to stay at home during the international breaks.

V off Ireland .
    Are ye messing?? Seriously?
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I think it's better to have players available than not available but I agree with youngirish. I just don't see Ireland being in our starting XI. He's a luxury player but we can't afford to include his type.

I really hope our midfield copes well against England U21s tomorrow night, just to confirm our hopes that there's a good batch of midfielders coming through.
    Yeah, the goals he got against san marino, slovakia were luxuries we could do without!

Its like that sketch from monty python, ''what did the romans ever do for us''
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireland4ever View Post
    Yeah, the goals he got against san marino, slovakia were luxuries we could do without!

not to miales. We need stephen ireland, FACT, to say we have the two reids( unbeleivably injury prone), wont be around in top level in 5 years, ireland will only be 26-27, hitting his prime. Joey O'Brian and Garvan backup my hole, no where need irelands standard. Looking back at the year in review if it wasnt for stephen ireland, we would have probably finsihed last.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    We should do whatever it takes to get Stephen Ireland back into the fold. He's one of the few players we have getting regular football in the top half of the premier league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's no point chasing him when he clearly doesn't want to play for us at present. Better to leave until such a time he feels he wants to come back and has something to offer to the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dunne said he offered to ring the FAI for him and but Ireland refused, Dunne has said the guy clearly does not want to play for us so he should be left alone. Dunne also said that there were allegations of bullying with Ireland in the squad, and that Ireland had the opportunity to kills these lies but failed to do so. I get the impression that Dunne is none too happy with Ireland.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireland4ever View Post

I knew I was setting myself up for that! He's great at advancing from midfield unmarked and can take a chance, that's for sure. He scored in Cyprus too, and at home to Wales.

In each of those games we needlessly lost our grip on the match, all in midfield. Wales walked all over us in midfield for a long while in Dublin with very ordinary personnel. Granted his role was varied in that game but on balance I think he weakens the side. As said umpteen times before, if we could enforce midfield Ireland would be in my team in a flash, but we can't so he wouldn't! If we are chasing a game I'd use him from the bench - I was careful when I said "starting XI"!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrigaline View Post
    We should do whatever it takes to get Stephen Ireland back into the fold. He's one of the few players we have getting regular football in the top half of the premier league.
    What do you propose? Keep begging him until he comes back? He doesn't want to play for Ireland, end of story

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I think we should focus our efforts on creating and environment where he wants to come back.

And then tell him to f'ck right off.... I've been giving him the benifit of doubt til now. I even though I saw an olive branch being presented by him on a MOTD interview, but Dunnes comments appear to say different. Let him go. It's like I said before. Some of our team don't even realise they only half want to play for Ireland.. So if there's anymore to follow Ireland, Finnan, O'Brien etc let them go now (I'll still blame the set up mind you but at least it'd weed out the apathy)..

If someone comes in an sorts things out (on every level), the performances and the morale will follow..
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast