147 26.68%
Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    The ginger git on Off the Ball who asked Givens the questions in relation to Stephen Ireland.
    Have you ever listened to Off The Ball? He describes it as a strawberry blonde!
    There's some pics of the team on NewsTalk's site here: http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/off-the-ball/gallery.html
    In the second one in the second row, he's the one in the red jacket.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    There's some pics of the team on NewsTalk's site here: http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/off-the-ball/gallery.html
    swoon.....!
    He is a dreamboat alrite....
    still, try and keep personal abuse to a minimum neil. he may well be a member of this site. you wouldnt like it if someone called you a ginger tosser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    swoon.....!
    He is a dreamboat alrite....
    still, try and keep personal abuse to a minimum neil. he may well be a member of this site. you wouldnt like it if someone called you a ginger tosser.

Did not realise you were mod but congrats on the job if you are. In addition I did not know there was a rule against personal abuse to members of the public or those who are high profile media figures or journalists. If that is the case I am sure most threads would contain such comments and up to now I have not seen any correction on this basis. In this case I did not directly insult a member of the forum. If he happens to be a member of the forum tough ****, but in addition, Dion Fanning or Cathal Dervan could also be a member of the forumand they have been called tossers by many people and I have not seen you with your moderator hat, on going around correcting them. So until you adopt a consistant policy on this issue you, your argument does not stand up.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I describe it as ginger.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Did not realise you were mod but congrats on the job if you are. In addition I did not know there was a rule against personal abuse to members of the public or those who are high profile media figures or journalists. If that is the case I am sure most threads would contain such comments and up to now I have not seen any correction on this basis. In this case I did not directly insult a member of the forum. If he happens to be a member of the forum tough ****, but in addition, Dion Fanning or Cathal Dervan could also be a member of the forumand they have been called tossers by many people and I have not seen you with your moderator hat, on going around correcting them. So until you adopt a consistant policy on this issue you, your argument does not stand up.
    Just the rules of civilised society Neil.
    There is a report the post button if you have a problem with other posts.
    I do not have the time to read every post.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Are you "strawberry blonde" perhaps Bill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    www.gingerkids.org
    they are people too you know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    anyone else think the question mark at the end of the title to this thread is the biggest waste ever of a question mark?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    anyone else think the question mark at the end of the title to this thread is the biggest waste ever of a question mark?
    Does a lad who fashions himself as "Daddy Dick" really have self-esteem problems?
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Saw highlights of City V Derby the other night and Ireland looked very good in central midfield - his awareness, passing, technique and ability to get in the box at the right time are first class.

In time and with more self belief I believe he can be our Cesc Fabregas (although not quite up to his level)

I thought you had to be selected to join an international squad? Not the other way around. People / footballers are different and need to be treated / managed in different ways - it called man management and Givens is a ********* clown that does know much about much.

Ireland has few players of this quality and we need him in the squad.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    In time and with more self belief I believe he can be our Cesc Fabregas
    Unfortunately we don't have a Flamini, a Hamaan or a Joey Barton (alongside whom Ireland played well under Pearce), each capable of enforcing midfield in his own different way. Steven Reid might just be capable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What about a 3 man midfield of Andy Reid, Steven Reid and Stephen Ireland with Duff and Keane either side of them and Doyle up the middle possibley. Give Robbie Keane lots of freedom.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    There are lots of permutations from the Reids, Carsley, Duff, Hunt, McGeady, Ireland, Doyle and Robbie that make sense in theory from a laptop but what'll work in reality against a midfield of four agile, tall athletes with good technique?

The midfielder whose performances in green have impressed me most in the last year (bar Reid against Germany) was Darren Potter who did everything I like to see a midfielder do. Can we trust him to play to the same standard in qualification games? I wouldn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    How did ye think he played today? I was keeping a close eye on him and his off the ball running was frighteing only to be let down endlessy by petrov and elano poor passing, every time ireland had the ball attacking he seemed to be the furthest player forward and had to hold the ball up. Andy Gray commented on how weel he played but in the manchester evening news (which seems to have the most negative members in the comments section btw) only gave ireland a 5 and said he poor. Followed by comments by fans saying most of the players are not good enough for prem league and ireland was extremely poor. What ye think?
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    The midfielder whose performances in green have impressed me most in the last year (bar Reid against Germany) was Darren Potter who did everything I like to see a midfielder do. Can we trust him to play to the same standard in qualification games? I wouldn't.
    Well he is currently not trusted in the starting line up for a Championship side. I think he is way off international class at present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    Well he is currently not trusted in the starting line up for a Championship side. I think he is way off international class at present.
    agree wityou paddy garcia, saw him at 21 match and thought he was only alright being honest. I ws actually more impressed with stephen quinn that day, the foxy quinn that is not sure if he stephen quinn or alan.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Arsenal outplayed Citeh so comphrehensivley it was difficult to judge but I thought Ireland was their only player that looked like making something happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    If he'd scored early on when he beat the offside trap and just needed to lift the ball over Lehmann, it could have all been so different
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    Arsenal outplayed Citeh so comphrehensivley it was difficult to judge but I thought Ireland was their only player that looked like making something happen.
    You were obviously watching a different game than I watched, he was brutal, touched the ball about 3 times and was bundled off it everytime there was a 50/50. He is much ado about nothing if you ask me ... and he obviously has a problem playing for ireland so stuff him. Does he think he is Roy Keane or something or some kind of wayward genius?? Imagine making rubbish excuses when selected to play for Ireland...
    'I can't even remember when the Seventies was.' - ROBBIE KEANE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RivaldoBabb View Post
    You were obviously watching a different game than I watched, he was brutal, touched the ball about 3 times and was bundled off it everytime there was a 50/50. He is much ado about nothing if you ask me ... and he obviously has a problem playing for ireland so stuff him. Does he think he is Roy Keane or something or some kind of wayward genius?? Imagine making rubbish excuses when selected to play for Ireland...
    well you were obviously watching a dofferent game to what myself and chief were watching.

Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast