• No

147 26.68%
Page 31 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    If the players have snubbed the training camp and the two friendlies without good reason then I don't want to see em back. O'Brien only signed a year contract at Bolton? I doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    If the players have snubbed the training camp and the two friendlies without good reason then I don't want to see em back. O'Brien only signed a year contract at Bolton? I doubt it.
    Wouldn't surprise me! After all he'd a shocking time of it at Portsmouth.
    Anyway, I think its been posted he's injured. I know a lot of people can't stand him, for various reasons (perceived ****tiness, England underage caps), but for me the guy is as important, if not more important, a recall as Finnan.
    Our current alternative at centre half is John O'Shea. Which isn't great. O'Brien has had an excellent season at Bolton, and is one of 2 players available to us playing centre half in top flight overseas football. have him back? Yes Please.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    Things settle down? He's made a clown out of himself, and he's vastly overrated. He wouldn't get in the team at the minute, and I agree with you; we have spent too long talking about him. He's not worth a tenth of what's been written.
    Wouldnt get in the team at the minute,, go back to bed boy would ya,, whose more creative then him, kilbane,Steven Reid,mcphail, potter rowlands whelan ?? Duff whose played about 5 games all season,, miller ya hes quality (ya right) or garvan or someone like that whose getting bossed at under 21 level,, what are you talking about?

Id say your over rating everyone else bud.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    HA, do you think we don't want the best results? I'd take him back if I thought it would improve our chances of qualifying but I really think Ireland coming back would do more harm to team moral than his talent justifies
    If none of the players have a problem with him,, and it would only be a bit of banter how would this harm moral,, and weve a better chance of winning games with him in the side so that will also lift moral no??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Wouldnt get in the team at the minute,, go back to bed boy would ya,, whose more creative then him, kilbane,Steven Reid,mcphail, potter rowlands whelan ?? Duff whose played about 5 games all season,, miller ya hes quality (ya right) or garvan or someone like that whose getting bossed at under 21 level,, what are you talking about?

I don't need to go back to bed, thanks for the advice though; when I need advice from you I'll ask.

I wouldn't have him in our midfield at the moment. I would go with: McGeady/Kilbane, Carsley, Reid, S.Reid. This is a good blend of athleticism and experience with quite an amount of creativity. Much of this depends on McGeady's ability to step up to the plate as far as Ireland internationals are concerned. Nevertheless, I would have Steven Ireland some way behind these.

Steven Ireland, whilst clearly talented, plays too far up the pitch for my preferred 4-4-2 formation and also flits in and out of games with great regularity. If he was to start I believe it would be behind the striker, but there are also draw backs to this, not least that Robbie Keane performs this role excellently for Spurs, and also Damien Duff, if he were to regain form, did well in this position in previous games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Stephen Ireland has been asked to come back and play for his country. HE DECLINED.

There is no grey area here at all. Unlike Saipan where there was always debate about was RK sent home or did he choose to leave.

Stephen Ireland was on international duty, made up lies to get home just before the most important game of the campaign, has since been asked to rejoin the squad with a clean slate. HE DECLINED.

If and when this lying toe-rag decides that he wants to start playing for his country it will be up to the incumbent manager to accept him or not. Regardless of whether people think he is talented or an average player or will get onto the team or get on with players the simple fact is the ball is in his court and has been for some time - yet he still chooses to exclude himself from the set-up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

You're not comparing apples with apples there... Duff, Kilbane, Steven Reid, Whelan are not competing with Ireland.

Miller, Andy Reid, yeah... And Andy Reid is the better player and performer at this point in time..
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    If none of the players have a problem with him,, and it would only be a bit of banter how would this harm moral,, and weve a better chance of winning games with him in the side so that will also lift moral no??
    Well it seems Ireland can't handle a bit of banter and if there was a bit of banter he is likely to feck off during the middle of a crucial double header again so no it wouldn't really lift moral. It doesn't really matter anyway as its pretty obvious he doesn't want to come back, I do agree with you on one point though, we have spent far too much time talking about him

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Does pulling out of the international scene twice, driving a pink car, having a bebo page exposing your ass that you didnt think anyone would find, claiming both your grannies are dead when they aren't and pulling your pants down after scoring a goal. Does any of that sound like the doings of a rationally thinking guy?
    Sounds like the things a very intellectually challenged person would do - and someone who craves attention - even though he claims not to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    THe poll shows just how one player can cause problems. If there is a similar feeling among the squad surely we are better off without an individual who is going to continue to cross problems in the future.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    MESSAGE FOR STEPHEN IRELAND- just incase he happens to be reading this, and he very well might be.

Do what is right. Please come back. Play for ur country. Get us to the world cup.

if you dont,i think you will regret it as far as ur career goes.

p.s dont listen to others that dont know what is going on behind the scene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    MESSAGE FOR STEPHEN IRELAND- just incase he happens to be reading this, and he very well might be.
    Do what is right. Please come back. Play for ur country. Get us to the world cup.
    if you dont,i think you will regret it as far as ur career goes.
    p.s dont listen to others that dont know what is going on behind the scene.
    Yeah, right
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He is a loose cannon. I don't think he should come back, I don't think he will anyway. A lot of the players dislike him.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    He is a loose cannon. I don't think he should come back, I don't think he will anyway. A lot of the players dislike him.
    And how do u know that???? wat proof

and yeah right- well he does have a bebo...theres nothing to say he doesnt use this. or view it.
    Last edited by beepbeep; 20/05/2008 at 9:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    Ireland has 2 goals in the goal of the season poll on Man City's website: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pa...newsid=5646899
    The only other player with more than one is Elano
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Wat players dont like him??? Just because you dont doesnt mean players dont,, maybe their not happy with what hes done but that doesnt mean they dont like him,, Christ im still with my missus for god sake.... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    im actually very confident hell be back playing for us soon.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Was that supposed to be followed by one of these ?

From your avatar can I take it you have heard something or is it just a hunch?
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    just a hunch
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    just a hunch
    and if he does id bet my house on him falling out with someone within 6 months and walking out again,

are his grandads still alive
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.