Page 50 of 212 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I think people underestimate team morale and team togetherness. What happens when you have one rotten apple in a barrel full of apples.
    AidoM knows a joke about apples!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I'm hoping Richard Dunne will be up from his score of 78. Duff was rated at only 75 in 08, even though he's been injured he surely is at least worth an 80.

Glen Whelan was not even in the game last time!

Keogh must go up from 68. No Ian Harte in 08 either, I hope he appears as a free agent.

Fifa 07 was awesome when Irish prospect Terry Dixon was the youngest player in the game and worth 2.8 million pounds right from the start!

Do you have any idea where I can get updated rosters for these games online? PS2 version. I've looked on the EA site but I'm unable to find it.

Ireland should be rated at least 84 with large growth potential.
    FIFA is pants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    FIFA is pants.
    Superman pants. Bring it to the next level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Stephen Ireland won the September player of the month award at Man City: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pa...newsid=6619251
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I think people underestimate team morale and team togetherness. What happens when you have one rotten apple in a barrel full of apples.
    You are the biggest wind up merchant ive ever met, before ye start again no this isnt stephen ireland,

Firstly stephen has said he has no problem with hunt and that long thing is complete bull dunno where you got that from,

dunnes never questioned his attitude, quoted as saying he WAS most talented at city and best trainer a model professional,

No members of management have asked for an apology and this is just a poll, no one said he has too make one,

im too lazy to go back and quote all ye who said hed fail and be shipped of when city signed all are new players, but shows what ye no about football,

Oh and just got his second player of the month award of the season so far,

give it a rest neil and stop talking out your ass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    You are the biggest wind up merchant ive ever met, before ye start again no this isnt stephen ireland,

Firstly stephen has said he has no problem with hunt and that long thing is complete bull dunno where you got that from,

dunnes never questioned his attitude, quoted as saying he WAS most talented at city and best trainer a model professional,

No members of management have asked for an apology and this is just a poll, no one said he has too make one,

im too lazy to go back and quote all ye who said hed fail and be shipped of when city signed all are new players, but shows what ye no about football,

Oh and just got his second player of the month award of the season so far,

give it a rest neil and stop talking out your ass

When did I say he would never make it at City and that he would be shipped out when they sign all the players. You wont find it cause I never said it.

Dunne did question his attitude, after the Awards dinner last year and he said that he was given the opportunity to kill the rumour regarding bullying but he fail to do that, which was dissappointing.

Also I never said that Ireland had a problem with Hunt. All I did was put up a rumour that I had heard. I never stated it as fact.

Also lastly, I am not winding up anybody and you have not met me as far as I know. I have never accused anybody of being Stephen Ireland, so I am not sure where, the before you start bit is about.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    When did I say he would never make it at City and that he would be shipped out when they sign all the players. You wont find it cause I never said it.

Dunne did question his attitude, after the Awards dinner last year and he said that he was given the opportunity to kill the rumour regarding bullying but he fail to do that, which was dissappointing.

Also I never said that Ireland had a problem with Hunt. All I did was put up a rumour that I had heard. I never stated it as fact.

Also lastly, I am not winding up anybody and you have not met me as far as I know. I have never accused anybody of being Stephen Ireland, so I am not sure where, the before you start bit is about.
    Apologies the points about shipping him off when new players arrived and accusing me of being him were not directed at you,others from previous posts

i just dont think theres much point saying rumours that you clearly didnt get off a reliable source

when you mentioned dunne i preumed you ment footballing wise where when playing he has always given 100% for club and country,

and i honestly think team would be more than happy to take him back

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    That is why Stephen Manchester must been seen to apoligise to the players and fans and to the manament team. If you let one bad egg destory the rules and disciplinary structures in place you can destroy the whole team ethic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Personally, if Stephen Ireland publicly apologised, I'd be happy to see him back.
    Why do people still insinst that he apologise when he did so over a year ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/6995114.stm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That is for the one incident. To be honest I was sympathetic to him at that time and while I found it hard to understand why he did it I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. It is not coming back under Il Trap that I find baffling and stupid and only making it hard for himself.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Its really hard to have a clue what is going on inside the fellas head.It just makes it all the more frustrating as he continues to look like he could offer us so much.

What is the problem? Irish football fans deserve an explanation IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    He just said he has no plans to return but wouldn't rule it out. Wouldn't expect to see him for a few more years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    He just said he has no plans to return but wouldn't rule it out. Wouldn't expect to see him for a few more years.
    Depending on results he'll be back within 13 months. Saw the interview, better spoken than I imagined he'd be ...not especially eloquent or anything, just didn't have the I'm-the-product-of-an-intensive-programme-of-inbreeding jib about him I was expecting.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I saw his interview on Football Focus. He does'nt seem to interested in playing for ireland presently so lets move on. If he is not motivated in wanting to work with a coach like Trapatoni just put it to bed. He will regret it long term.
    Last edited by SuperDub; 27/09/2008 at 1:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    the contrast between the attitudes of SI and Jimmy Bullard is amazing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah I hope people saw that interview. Says it all to me.
    In Trap we trust

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDub View Post
    I saw his interview on Football Focus. He does'nt seem to interested in playing for ireland presently so lets move him. if he is not motivated in wanting to work with a coach like Trapatoni just put it to bed. He will regret it long term.
    If he is not interested in playing for Ireland at the start of a new campaign and with a manager of the status of Trapatoni when will he be.
    I think he is just not man enough to come out and say that he has no interest in playing for Ireland.
    Mind you I would be surprised if Trap would actually play him.
    He is physologically flawed.Who lies about his grandmother dying to do a runner.At best he is very stupid which(contrary to popular opinion)is unusual in talented sports people.
    People with flawed personalities usually become unstuck when faced with the pressure of performing at the highest level.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...a-1484312.html

Based on the article in today's Indo, it seems Richard Dunne is still trying to persuade Ireland to return to the squad but without any success.

The last paragraph does suggest that something went on within the squad but Dunne still hopes it can be resolved.....

"But I think if it gets so far down the line, where certain players have done things and the team has carried on and gone well without him, then it becomes difficult for him and harder for him to come back. So hopefully he'll come back sooner rather than later."
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    In that same artlcie Dunne is paraphrased as saying "His belief is that to achieve success, you need a stable dressing room with few distractions and little drama." that would appear to rule out SI

We don't know why SI doesn't want to play for Ireland, I have a feeling that SI may not even know himself, but I do know that I do not want him to play for Ireland. He has turned his back on his country, he is dead to me etc etc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    We don't know why SI doesn't want to play for Ireland, I have a feeling that SI may not even know himself, but I do know that I do not want him to play for Ireland. He has turned his back on his country, he is dead to me etc etc.

Is this not a little over the top. What next? Shoot him for desertion? I would seriously love to see Ireland back playing for us, but I cannot understand the personal hostility that is being directed at him by some people.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Is this not a little over the top. What next? Shoot him for desertion? I would seriously love to see Ireland back playing for us, but I cannot understand the personal hostility that is being directed at him by some people.
    He's an ar*ehole that's why people dislike him.

To consistently refuse to play for his country without any good reason as far as anyone can tell is the lowest of the low for any professional footballer and it's only in Ireland that you would get people sticking up for his right to do so by coming out with excuse after excuse to justify actions that are unjustifiable to the majority of people. He would be hung, drawn and quartered if he behaved like this and he was an English or Scottish international.

I personally hope to never see him again in an Ireland shirt as it will devalue the honour associated with representing this proud country to allow him to do so.
    Last edited by youngirish; 27/09/2008 at 9:50 PM.