Thread: New lads

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

New lads

http://www.rafc.be/eng/index2.html

Sean Doherty (born 10 February 1985, in Basingstoke) is an English footballer who plays as a left midfielder.

Doherty started his career at Everton's youth academy before controversially moving to Fulham which was reported in press that the transfer was £600,000. The fall out from this transfer saw his father leave the Everton academy coaching staff. After failing to make the breakthrough to the Fulham first-team squad, he joined Dutch Eredivisie club ADO Den Haag on a free transfer.

In January 2006 Doherty returned to England with Port Vale on a short-term contract but failed to impress and was allowed to leave at the end of the 2005/2006 season.

Doherty signed for Accrington Stanley in May 2006, but was released a year later.

He signed for Southport F.C from Accrington on a 3 month loan deal but faild to impress only making 7 appearances in 3 months.

Doherty signed a 1 year deal at Royal Antwerp.

On the 18th of January 2008, Sean Doherty was unveiled as a Sligo Rovers player, a team that plays in the underrated Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division.

He has been capped 7 times by England at youth level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris Butler - Born in Liverpool, Chris began his career as a trainee with Liverpool and featured for both their youth and reserve sides having previously won England youth international honours. He was released by the Reds in September 2004 and joined Accrington Stanley in the Nationwide Conference. He was a regular for the remainder of the 2004-05 season. He was released by Stanley in October 2005 and after a single appearance for Altrincham joined Vauxhall Motors in Nationwide North. He joined Barrow at the start of January 2006 and made his debut in the 3-0 win at Hednesford Town. In January 2008, Butler moved to Sligo in the Eircom Irish Premier League for a small fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Good stufff , Butler could be promising , its a bit worrying Doherty has been released by so many clubs though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Good stufff , Butler could be promising , its a bit worrying Doherty has been released by so many clubs though
    maybe a bit. but that's how the majority of the players get here.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he must still have something if he was worth £600,000 before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    he must still have something if he was worth £600,000 before
    thats probably a bad thing. clearly if he was once worth 600,000 his career has been a failure thus far, otherwise he wouldn't be coming to us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    he's got a sweet left foot... so I'm led to believe...
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

new lads

just to put the record straight regarding sean doherty.i am staunch fulham fan and i have followed sean's career closely and happen to know a member of the family.
    Great things were expected of sean when jean tigana signed him from everton,however the day chris coleman got the job at fulham it was obvious to all the supporters that sean was not his type of player.sean is a highly gifted technical player that personally think you are lucky to have signed.
    back to my point i wanted to make on some of the comments i saw on your forum that were incorrect.he left ado den haag in holland on his own accord due to promises that were not made by the club.then at port vale he played he broke into the team and was doing really well until he fractured a bone in his shoulder which ruled him out for the rest of the season.port vale asked him back but accrington stanley offered him a contract where he went on to play 26 games.he was then scouted by royal antwerp and left accrington on good terms.
    also he was only at southport for a one month loan where im sure paul cook would say he was his best player from the games i saw.
    his england appearances are actually 28 from under 16 to under 20 level.
    so there is a better description of the sean doherty i follow.im sure you will be impressed by him and i hope he settles well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry butler View Post
    just to put the record straight regarding sean doherty.i am staunch fulham fan and i have followed sean's career closely and happen to know a member of the family.
    Great things were expected of sean when jean tigana signed him from everton,however the day chris coleman got the job at fulham it was obvious to all the supporters that sean was not his type of player.sean is a highly gifted technical player that personally think you are lucky to have signed.
    back to my point i wanted to make on some of the comments i saw on your forum that were incorrect.he left ado den haag in holland on his own accord due to promises that were not made by the club.then at port vale he played he broke into the team and was doing really well until he fractured a bone in his shoulder which ruled him out for the rest of the season.port vale asked him back but accrington stanley offered him a contract where he went on to play 26 games.he was then scouted by royal antwerp and left accrington on good terms.
    also he was only at southport for a one month loan where im sure paul cook would say he was his best player from the games i saw.
    so there is a better description of the sean doherty i follow.im sure you will be impressed by him and i hope he settles well.
    thanks for that, hopefully he's good, im looking forward to seeing him play.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally Posted by jerry butler
    just to put the record straight regarding sean doherty.i am staunch fulham fan and i
    have followed sean's career closely and happen to know a member of the family.
    Cheers Jerry. that is a clear as can be and cannot wait to see the lad in action. Hope he suits Irish soccer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile sean doherty

thanks v. much gerry. its great to get a proper insight on a player. it looks v. promising btu league of ireland soccer sometimes is hard to grade. some say its equivalent to the lowe regions of 2nd division. but i have my doubts. i would say its possibly on a par with scottish league top half div 2 and bottom 1/2 div 1. i hope sean settles in well in sligo. we!re not a bad lot here located in a beautiful part of ireland but with wet windy winters. sligo has a pop. about 22000. its a small town by english standards but the natives can be very loyal if you rub them up the rightway. we are considered v .friendly apart from a few "guchos" on this board (only kidding). rovers have a very hard core passionate support and when things are going well football wise we can command crowds of around 3000 to 4000. our best spell was season 1993 ! 1994 when we won the fai cup the 1st division and the shield (equiv to league cup) and qualified for europe. we even won the first round match and played fc brugge in the second round . ultimately losing by 1 2 at home and 3 1 away. by the way our manager at that time was the one and only (you guessed it ) laurie sanchez. thanks again for the info and all the best. tell sean we are all delighted that he sighned for the "bit o' red"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    thanks v. much gerry. its great to get a proper insight on a player. it looks v. promising btu league of ireland soccer sometimes is hard to grade. some say its equivalent to the lowe regions of 2nd division. but i have my doubts. i would say its possibly on a par with scottish league top half div 2 and bottom 1/2 div 1. i hope sean settles in well in sligo. we!re not a bad lot here located in a beautiful part of ireland but with wet windy winters. sligo has a pop. about 22000. its a small town by english standards but the natives can be very loyal if you rub them up the rightway. we are considered v .friendly apart from a few "guchos" on this board (only kidding). rovers have a very hard core passionate support and when things are going well football wise we can command crowds of around 3000 to 4000. our best spell was season 1993 ! 1994 when we won the fai cup the 1st division and the shield (equiv to league cup) and qualified for europe. we even won the first round match and played fc brugge in the second round . ultimately losing by 1 2 at home and 3 1 away. by the way our manager at that time was the one and only (you guessed it ) laurie sanchez. thanks again for the info and all the best. tell sean we are all delighted that he sighned for the "bit o' red"
    some useful information there Red Arrow.....but you didnt mention the transport system, or the infrastructure if the town/county! whats that like?

that'd only get you a C1 in an exam

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile sean doherty

Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    Thanx red arrow.I am sure the Sligo fans will like Sean as not only is he a good player,he is half irish.His grandad is an Oshea from Waterford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry butler View Post
    His grandad is an Oshea from Waterford.
    Is Sean as good as his Waterford namesake?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.