Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: TheCursed Value Bet Thread

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I would very seldom place a single bet on anything, odds-on or otherwise. But you can incorporate a few short-odds bets into your accumulators and still win big.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Anyway to be honest it really all depends on your view on gambling. I mean I also do those odds on (or less) bets but they are not too good for your health

I just wanted to say there is betting available on the olympics on PP and i see that Emma Davis in the triathlon is 300-1 for a medal (Any medal). Now im not an expert on her discipline and i got her a few days at 500-1 (yeah i know), but i think thats worth at least a euro, since she has came from the high 40's in the world right upto top 17 in the world in about one year. So you never know on the day she could do something!!! (or am i dreaming again!!)

By the way Burnett is 4/1, Egan 5/1, Hession at 66/1 and Sutherland at 3/1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    no thats not true

you have to look at the value bets

So,an odds on favourite can still be good value.For example of chelsea are 1/2 to beat bohemians(obviously I know your not going to get these odds) you can't say thats not good value.I've seen professional punters say on many occasions not to be afraid of an odds on favourite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    So,an odds on favourite can still be good value.For example of chelsea are 1/2 to beat bohemians(obviously I know your not going to get these odds) you can't say thats not good value.I've seen professional punters say on many occasions not to be afraid of an odds on favourite.

Yeah you see i understand all that, and yes i do those bets all the time, but you cant honestly tell me that they are good value bets, and they are def not "tips". All it takes is Chelsea to play their reserves and Bohs to grind out a draw and what then - you lost how much? They are risky bets
    But to be fair, its all down to opinion. There are different types of punters out there. I a bit of a mix of the two.

Were you not watching Ascot and Aidan o Brien. I am a big supporter of his horses and Murtagh, but stayed well clear of it this year as I cant see the sense on putting on a tonne at odds of 8/10 or much less.
    I would rather scour the betting market for good tips, like getting Harrington at 22/1

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I would rather scour the betting market for good tips, like getting Harrington at 22/1
    He was 55 on betfair on friday. whyohwhy did I not throw a few $$$ on??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Techinically that's not good value considering you could have gotten him at 55s

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Were you not watching Ascot and Aidan o Brien. I am a big supporter of his horses and Murtagh, but stayed well clear of it this year as I cant see the sense on putting on a tonne at odds of 8/10 or much less.
    I was watching, and it would have been the height of sense to back them all the way. you would have had plenty of profit. I only had a few of them, but winners are winners.

easy to say that now, of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bholg View Post
    I was watching, and it would have been the height of sense to back them all the way. you would have had plenty of profit. I only had a few of them, but winners are winners.

easy to say that now, of course
    one of their winners was 1/5 or something like that and most were 10/11
    of course not all of O Briens top horses won, and thats the risk, win a 100 lose a 100!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Anyway to be honest it really all depends on your view on gambling. I mean I also do those odds on (or less) bets but they are not too good for your health

I just wanted to say there is betting available on the olympics on PP and i see that Emma Davis in the triathlon is 300-1 for a medal (Any medal). Now im not an expert on her discipline and i got her a few days at 500-1 (yeah i know), but i think thats worth at least a euro, since she has came from the high 40's in the world right upto top 17 in the world in about one year. So you never know on the day she could do something!!! (or am i dreaming again!!)

By the way Burnett is 4/1, Egan 5/1, Hession at 66/1 and Sutherland at 3/1
    Ya I thik the value there is Egan @ 5/1 to win a medal, he's 3rd or 4th in the world in his weight division.

PP were doing a special a few weeks ago for Hession to make the final in the 200m, and I got on @ 9/1 and 9/2! I felt that was a bit of value, I'd advise you get on that if it is put back up!
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    My tip for the weekend: Bohs and Limerick 37 to beat UCD and Wexford respectively.

Odds are approx. 9-4 at the moment with Boylesports.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Stick dundalk to beat the mons into that one to beef it up slightly.... GREEDISGOOD
    one of their winners was 1/5 or something like that and most were 10/11
    of course not all of O Briens top horses won, and thats the risk, win a 100 lose a 100!
    Yeah - a 1/5 is ridiculous - laying material.... but an even money or even 10/11 isnt always to be sniffed at... especially in the context of the week you refer to.
    Last edited by sligoman; 22/07/2008 at 8:58 PM. Reason: merge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bholg View Post
    Stick dundalk to beat the mons into that one to beef it up slightly.... GREEDISGOODYeah - a 1/5 is ridiculous - laying material.... but an even money or even 10/11 isnt always to be sniffed at... especially in the context of the week you refer to.
    yeah you are right,
    but put 10 euro on 10 horse at 10/11 and you roughly win 100. great

or put 10 euro on 10 outsiders (good value tips!) at 4/1 or more and you win.......minimum of 3 right should get you well over a 100. And a decent gambler should be hitting 40% to 60% of bets at least

Anyway I backed Andy Hamilton to beat Michael van Gerwen in the darts yesterday at 4/7. trebled him up with Wade and Taylor. Of course he lost!!!!!!
    (it happens all the time!!)

You can get Drogheda to win tonight at 3.9 on Betfair. probably more on other British sites, but i think that could at least happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    Ya I thik the value there is Egan @ 5/1 to win a medal, he's 3rd or 4th in the world in his weight division.

PP were doing a special a few weeks ago for Hession to make the final in the 200m, and I got on @ 9/1 and 9/2! I felt that was a bit of value, I'd advise you get on that if it is put back up!

yeah I saw that thread about this (was it yours?). I didnt have time to do that bet, it certainly looked good, and maybe thats why it was taken off.

I was thinking that mark Cavendish, the British cycling guy would be a good bet for a olympic gold, but haven't seen any prices of yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yeah I saw that thread about this (was it yours?). I didnt have time to do that bet, it certainly looked good, and maybe thats why it was taken off.

I was thinking that mark Cavendish, the British cycling guy would be a good bet for a olympic gold, but haven't seen any prices of yet?
    Ya that was me. Ya it was backed in from 10-1 right down to 9-2 and then it was taken down by PP. They might put it up again closer to the time.

I haven't seen any prices for British gold medals on sports other than athletics, which is also on PP.

I think Idowu to win gold in the triple jump is a decent price @ 11/8, came in from 13/8 since the market was put up on about Sunday. He's got the two longest jumps in the world this year. Here's the stats:
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    If anyone was considering putting money on City to win Sunday(6-5), you're probably better putting the money on Dave Mooney to score and City to win at 16-5.

Given that the bets are basically the same thing. If we're gonna win then its gonna be by Mooney scoring.....

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314