Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Is it OK for Dahamsta to call a member a dumbass and a moron?

Voters
17065. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 0.06%
  • No

55 0.32%
  • Only if the member is Gilberto

17,000 99.62%
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbass

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I agree with that, Kingdom *suck*

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    If I thought dahamsta was wrong I'd have no problem explaining my opinion to him. Something which the majority of 'no' voters here seem to have difficulty doing. Or are they afraid or something?
    I voted no so therefore i will present my opinion. As kingdom hoop said he thinks Dahamsta is of a resonable sort, a point which i agree with. It takes some effort on his part for this site.

However i feel he should of been the bigger man and sent Gilberto-eire a private message and told him in what ever language he likes what a tit he is on this forum, not called him or his actions 'dumbass' which if anyone else did would be classed as verbal slander/harassment
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I go away for three days to sort my head out and.........

In the Red Corner Jebus, GZ and Kingdom Hoop

In the Blue Corner gilberto eire and mr. punisha (And possibly some gangster rappers, who knows)

I think the fairest way to solve the debate given the circumstances would be a game of scrabble followed by a boxing match.

As for the poll, I voted Yes because it's the Hamsters site. Does this make me a "teachers pet"? Of course not. I would behave exactly the same if I had to put up with some of the rubbish on here (A statement which ultimately may trouble the hamster now that I think of it)

I'd like to point out at this juncture that gilberto_eire threatened to beat me up before aswell. I still have the PM for my family to discover in the event of my disappearence. Oh, the sleepless nights

Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    not called him or his actions 'dumbass' which if anyone else did would be classed as verbal slander/harassment
    I'm pretty sure "dumbass" isn't slander

BTW "verbal slander"?!?!
    Last edited by dahamsta; 18/01/2008 at 4:58 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wasnt sure what it would be classed as slander harrassment
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    deleted by jebus cause the delete button isn't working
    Last edited by jebus; 18/01/2008 at 4:48 PM. Reason: staying out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    That's probably how it seems to you. But answer me these; If I agree with someone does that mean I'm sucking up to them? Would you say I was sucking up to you if I agreed with you? Do you really think my motives here are born out of trying to impress dahamsta?

Here, I'll save you the trouble. I'm an entirely free-thinking person. I've no meas on the notion of authority as an exalted position, we're all entitled to opinions and should be allowed to express them freely, away from political constraints. If I thought dahamsta was wrong I'd have no problem explaining my opinion to him. Something which the majority of 'no' voters here seem to have difficulty doing. Or are they afraid or something?

Which is worse for an adult - saying you pretty much agree with him because you do and not worrying what others think, or not agreeing with his views but then not presenting your argument because you're afraid he might pick on you afterwards?

Dahamsta strikes me as a reasonable sort; voice your opinion and if it makes sense he'll take it on board. No one has cohesively done that on this thread. If you've a problem with his approach and think you've some advice for him then why don't you say that? Isn't it worth a shot; If he rejects that reasoned argument how would it make him look? Would that not be more worthwhile than staying quiet and muttering to yourself about what a damned cnut he is?

Not slagging you at all. Don't have a sinister bone in my body. One problem I may have is unfailingly telling the truth when someone mightn't be able to understand I'm saying it for their benefit.* But that's what I like others to do unto me so it's a tricky one.

* By the way Gilberto, (in case you missed it in my last post, though in fairness I underlined it!), what I'm saying to you is that the way you present your posts doesn't do your arguments any favours.
    yes you were,you tried say that id spell taught wrong, cant remember what the spelling for it you gave.

and yes i do think your sucking up to Dahamsta because your giving detailed comments back of how its ok for him to do as he pleases to me. im not the first either Balieban got banned for backing up some poster on here before who Dahamsta decided to abuse at please.

You stated that its ok to abuse someone who posts in the wrong thread(for the first time in my recollection).
    so i put it to you, if you go into a shop and ask a member of staff for an item you require and they bring back something similiar but not what you were looking for would you say ''thats not what i wanted you stupid ****er''.....??.
    i doubt very much you or anyone else for that mater would speak to someone like that, imagine the looks you would get from fellow shoppers. an internet forum should be no differant.
    if on the other hand the person was taking the **** and doing it intentionally then thats another thing entirely!.

so would you condone this behaviour on your children at home?, would you tell call your son stupid for putting a mug back in the wrong place, if you would you should be ashamed to call yourself an adult

theres a thing in life we call respect, you show it to people who show it to you. you have no right to talk down on somebody whos opionions differ from yours or who puts something in the wrong place by accident.
    Dahamsta have mentioned in this thread already that he has the respect of the people that matters here so couldnt give a toss about anyone else and will talk to them how he pleases, thats a very sad outlook on life to have. ''sure my family respect me so ill abuse this shop worker here cause i basically dont care what he thinks of me''

you might call me stupid, mainly on the basis of differant opinions(thats all you showed in your previous posts, after all my take of what happened in Cyprus was an opinion, you would really want to learn what the word means) but i have something that a lot of you are showing you dont...and thats respect for anyone who shows me any common courtisity

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

In the Blue Corner gilberto eire and mr. punisha (And possibly some gangster rappers, who knows)

I think the fairest way to solve the debate given the circumstances would be a game of scrabble followed by a boxing match.

As for the poll, I voted Yes because it's the Hamsters site. Does this make me a "teachers pet"? Of course not. I would behave exactly the same if I had to put up with some of the rubbish on here (A statement which ultimately may trouble the hamster now that I think of it)

I'd like to point out at this juncture that gilberto_eire threatened to beat me up before aswell. I still have the PM for my family to discover in the event of my disappearence. Oh, the sleepless nights

BTW "verbal slander"?!?!
    talking crap just like your good buddy Jebus, i didnt threaten to beat you up, i said if you want to be so smart in person come and see me, big differance there. anyway not like you to back your old chum up, after all who were the ones voting each others posts for POTM?... awwww so cute the two of ye, get a room lads!!
    Last edited by gilberto_eire; 18/01/2008 at 5:19 PM.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I'm not pretty sure, I am sure, since dumbass isn't a medical descriptive.. So it could be either opinion, informed opinion, or fact. In my case, it's informed opinion, based on track record. Or, to put it another way, 900 posts of pure crap.

BTW "verbal slander"?!?!
    To quote Robin Williams: Under "redundant" in the dictionary it says "See Redundant".

MojoPin, the word you're looking for is libel.

And for the record, baileban was banned for basically being a retard, and in my opinion anyone that would defend baileban fits in the same category.

The voting is interesting. What's also interesting is that people are complaining about the way I've handled myself, rather than directly backing up gilberto. That say anything to you gilberto?

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 18/01/2008 at 5:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    If I thought dahamsta was wrong I'd have no problem explaining my opinion to him. Something which the majority of 'no' voters here seem to have difficulty doing. Or are they afraid or something?
    I voted no. I didnt really see the need to explain anything.

The rules state no personal abuse afaik.

Not no personal abuse unless the person deserves it. If that was the case then there's a lot of posters on here that I would feel justified in calling an idiot or a dumbass.

I also find it a bit childish, there are ways of making a point without resorting to dumbass/retard etc. If I heard my kids doing the same I'd tell them to grow up.

Afraid To feel the wrath of Dahamsta

I doubt people are afraid.....I'd guess they simply saw it as a straightforward poll that needed no explanation.

Of course it's Dahamsta's site, and he can do whatever the hell he wants,

But if we all were only going to apply rules based on the worth of the poster involved then I think this place would go downhill pretty fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [quote=Lim till i die;857159]I go away for three days to sort my head out and.........

you had to bring me into it, how many other people backed him up and you picked me, oh go away for another 3 days please
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    talking crap just like your good buddy Jebus, i didnt threaten to beat you up, i said if you want to be so smart in person come and see me, big differance there.
    I still have the PMs, why are you lying son??

On an aside I doubt you'd want a row with me, no matter how big you like your balls to come across online

You're a flea Simon

anyway not like you to back your old chum up, after all who were the ones voting each others posts for POTM?
    Surely it would make more sense for one of us to nominate the other every second month and not split the vote??

awwww so cute the two of ye, get a room lads
    A gay joke?? Way to argue the cause of the "Gilberto = Not an idiot" camp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    you had to bring me into it, how many other people backed him up and you picked me, oh go away for another 3 days please
    Sorry man, your posts just shone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    [QUOTE=6yardpunisha;857191]

thats how he post every time, smart little comments all them time!!. expected no differant from him, himself and Jebus ive had most of my arguments with, one always follows the other(or more along the lines of LTID follows Jebus). it all stemmed from before i came on this site, they have this thing about Galway and anyone connected with us!. i just wont take crap as much as a few of our other posters and told both of them at times before that they could come see me in person instead of hiding behind a forum username!!.

but see i can put things behind me, which i had, but long and behold there always soon there to add something to your comments be it here or in another part of the forum!.

a flea?.... wow that was a good one!!.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Do you remember all the jibes about the Shift key? And do remember being told to read the whole thread?

Does thread make any more sense in light of those two comments?

I've deliberately made this post as short as possible as I know you won't be reading this far...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Do you remember all the jibes about the Shift key? And do remember being told to read the whole thread?

Does thread make any more sense in light of those two comments?

I've deliberately made this post as short as possible as I know you won't be reading this far...
    i was under the impression this was an internet forum, not an englsih test

suppose though your a UCD graduates after all!!

Dahamsta: Not really 7 people voted against me, i could name them off my head fairly fast, hardly people whos opinions i care off!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    called him or his actions 'dumbass' which if anyone else did would be classed as verbal slander/harassment
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    But if we all were only going to apply rules based on the worth of the poster involved then I think this place would go downhill pretty fast
    But as manager (moving away from the misleading teacher portrayal) he is entirely different to the average poster. He has to sanction people in some way for their behaviour. And the perceived harshness of language is just an easy and obvious way of getting the point across to the likes of Gilberto. If that point doesn't register then maybe he really is an idiot

I don't see where the controversy is to be honest; you're acting the fool, manager tells you to cop on, you accept it. What you're saying MojoPin and Micls is that a fellow worker should be allowed to sanction his colleague because the boss does. Clearly not realistic.

but i have something that a lot of you are showing you dont...and thats respect for anyone who shows me any common curiosity.
    Gilberto to be lead attraction at Galway zoo?

Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I doubt people are afraid.....I'd guess they simply saw it as a straightforward poll that needed no explanation.
    Fair enough, maybe we could have a poll on; do you find Gilberto incredibly annoying and nonsensical a lot of the time to the point that you'd like if the authorities told him to pull up his socks.

That's how I've been looking at it. Pretty much the same thing, just spelt out and more euphemistically put. Is it really such a bad thing?
    Last edited by kingdom hoop; 18/01/2008 at 5:24 PM. Reason: This that tother

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    i just wont take crap as much as a few of our other posters and told both of them at times before that they could come see me in person instead of hiding behind a forum username!!.
    See, he's a big hard man behind a keyboard

Which of course makes him really cool

a flea?....
    Yes son, a flea

wow that was a good one!
    Beats homophobic jokes hands down

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    i was under the impression this was an internet forum, not an englsih test
    Yeah, but evident semi-literacy really doesn't help your cause. I don't think anyone can make it more than a couple of lines into your posts before giving up.

But of course, you'll just take this as another thing to respond to instead of take on board in the aim of self-improvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Dahamsta: Not really 7 people voted against me, i could name them off my head fairly fast, hardly people whos opinions i care off!!
    Really?
    Impressive.

Go on.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Is it just me or is Kingdom Hoops' writing style extremely grating? Its more flowery than a dutch market. At least gilberto doesnt have any allusions to being a "writer". There. Someone pointed it out to you. happy now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry man, your posts just shone
    are we goin to start this s**t with each other all over again this year, queenstown, stabbings, inbreds etc etc
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast