Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Is it OK for Dahamsta to call a member a dumbass and a moron?

Voters
17065. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 0.06%
  • No

55 0.32%
  • Only if the member is Gilberto

17,000 99.62%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I'm lost. What's wrong with Jacobs crackers? I love Jacobs crackers, eat em dry sometimes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    Gavinzac if your trying to point to that post been ''worthless'' then i can say your messages in the ''totty thread'' are about as worthless as can be!!. dont know what your problem with me is!!.
    I have "messages" in the totty thread? sweet, I'll go check those.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    won't somebody please think of the children?
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    totally forgot i posted in this thread until now... cant understand why i felt the need to get involved but there are a few things a bit clearer in my head now.

1) Jebus bears grudges.
    2) KingdomHoop has a crush on his teacher.
    3) Gilberto_Eire isnt really too much of a dumbass.
    4) DaHamsta likes showing off to his students.
    5) Jacobs crackers are f*ckin delish.

In all honesty the only poster of any real worth on this entire site is the person who mentioned the website bud*mail in another thread. Thank you very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    totally forgot i posted in this thread until now... cant understand why i felt the need to get involved but there are a few things a bit clearer in my head now.

1) Jebus bears grudges.
    2) KingdomHoop has a crush on his teacher.
    3) Gilberto_Eire isnt really too much of a dumbass.
    4) DaHamsta likes showing off to his students.
    5) Jacobs crackers are f*ckin delish.

In all honesty the only poster of any real worth on this entire site is the person who mentioned the website bud*mail in another thread. Thank you very much.
    aaah budmail..... never used it but i was talking a friend not too long ago and he told me that he never got his order...around €80 down the drain!!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Looks like there's a juicy love triangle between Dahamsta, myself and yourself in that case then SkStu!

Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    Picking on someone personally for non-personal reasons? You lost me there Hoop
    You kind of lost me too! Why should those two things directly relate? You don't (well I don't) put someone down just to make yourself look superior. In this case, I doubt Dahamsta is calling Gilberto a moron for any other reasons other than the benefit of the site as a whole.

BTW a teacher should avoid getting involved in childish slagging matches with his students. He will probably lose the respect of the whole class, if he hasn't already done so
    Of course a teacher should avoid that. But we're dealing with adults! People who should be able to take criticism at face value and respect what is being said to them as being pretty accurate and said for a good reason. A common failing in people is to treat personal comments as being just against them, as opposed to being for the real, broader purpose. This seems like one of those cases to me to be honest.
    Anyway, I voted yes, pretty much for those reasons.

I see it as fair use of his power; a blatant clip around Gilberto's ear to tell him to cop on and conform to the mores of the site. As far as I'm concerned at least, it's not so much a case of saying Gilberto himself is a dumbass, as that the way he presents his thoughts (or tauts, taughts, as the case may be ) certainly borders on the moronic.

The way you present yourself or your argument is always very important, it's how you appear to others; that's what Adam has to go on here so I can understand where he's coming from. In other words, he's being pretty reasonable given the circumstances he finds himself in.

Gilberto appears like a retard with the way he posts, so he gets called one in an effort to make him realise that and maybe change a bit. Seems fair to me. Say whatever the feck you like but at least say it in a way that makes some half bit of sense so that you don't come across as completely retarded. How hard can that message be to get across? Adam isn't calling him a moron for the sake of it, but to try make Gilberto appreciate his posts are often annoying. Maybe the way it was said was heavy-handed but it should be pretty obvious that's the way we work here. Get over it. The basic message is the same.

Anyway I just had a little flick through Gilberto's archives to see if he really was a bit slow and I don't think anyone can be in much doubt after reading this comment;

how anyone can say its stauntons fault Cyprus hammered us is stupid, its the 11 players on the pitch, it would have been virtually the same team from any other manager and that motivation crap doesnt wash on me, these are full-grown professionals they know what they have to do themselves on the pitch!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    why did u have to insult him aswell?seems to me your a bit of a retard yourself...ah s##t now u have me at it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    Maybe the way it was said was heavy-handed but it should be pretty obvious that's the way we work here.
    Looking at the poll it seems "the way you work here" doesn't go down too well with everybody.I'll use your analogy again, maybe it's time for the teachers to go back to school.
    I've said all I wanted to say about this, hope the double standards will stop soon.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    Looking at the poll it seems "the way you work here" doesn't go down too well with everybody.I'll use your analogy again, maybe it's time for the teachers to go back to school.
    I've said all I wanted to say about this, hope the double standards will stop soon.
    Sure who's going to vote seriously on the poll, if they know that your vote is visible?
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    won't somebody please think of the children?

Careful........don't want to invite those "paedo" types into the discussion!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Anyone who likes Jacobs crackers is a dumbass and a moron.

There.

It had to be said.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [quote=kingdom hoop;856492] Looks like there's a juicy love triangle between Dahamsta, myself and yourself in that case then SkStu!

why dont ye get a room so yourself and adam, using the word retard, im suprised from you the teachers pet
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    died a death, thank god!!
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    Looks like there's a juicy love triangle between Dahamsta, myself and yourself in that case then SkStu!

You kind of lost me too! Why should those two things directly relate? You don't (well I don't) put someone down just to make yourself look superior. In this case, I doubt Dahamsta is calling Gilberto a moron for any other reasons other than the benefit of the site as a whole.

Of course a teacher should avoid that. But we're dealing with adults! People who should be able to take criticism at face value and respect what is being said to them as being pretty accurate and said for a good reason. A common failing in people is to treat personal comments as being just against them, as opposed to being for the real, broader purpose. This seems like one of those cases to me to be honest.
    Anyway, I voted yes, pretty much for those reasons.

I see it as fair use of his power; a blatant clip around Gilberto's ear to tell him to cop on and conform to the mores of the site. As far as I'm concerned at least, it's not so much a case of saying Gilberto himself is a dumbass, as that the way he presents his thoughts (or tauts, taughts, as the case may be ) certainly borders on the moronic.

The way you present yourself or your argument is always very important, it's how you appear to others; that's what Adam has to go on here so I can understand where he's coming from. In other words, he's being pretty reasonable given the circumstances he finds himself in.

Gilberto appears like a retard with the way he posts, so he gets called one in an effort to make him realise that and maybe change a bit. Seems fair to me. Say whatever the feck you like but at least say it in a way that makes some half bit of sense so that you don't come across as completely retarded. How hard can that message be to get across? Adam isn't calling him a moron for the sake of it, but to try make Gilberto appreciate his posts are often annoying. Maybe the way it was said was heavy-handed but it should be pretty obvious that's the way we work here. Get over it. The basic message is the same.

Anyway I just had a little flick through Gilberto's archives to see if he really was a bit slow and I don't think anyone can be in much doubt after reading this comment;

who the hell do you think you are?. your really sucking up to Dahamsta here it has to be said, never seen anyone do it to the extent you have anywhere(in any walk of life) before!.

ya and my view of the ireland team been plain ****e is ''idiotic''... grow up, staunton picked the same team virtually any manager would have picked, we dont have the players, we're a small little island with a crap domestic game we cant even choose players from. we finished 3rd in a group where we were 3rd seeds. we were only beaten by one ''poor'' team who arent that poor anymore and because the PLAYERS took them for granted and in turn got hockeyed!!.

your ignorance goes beyond anything ive seen before, stick to the GAA mate!!

funny how you try slag me about been stupid coming from the county thats the butt of the ''stupid'' jokes round the country!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I'm a teacher now? Ok, let's try spelling and grammar then...

gilberto_eire, the key with the ^ up arrow on it is the Shift key, it lets you capitalise the first word of a sentence, like they taught you in school. You did go to school, right? Only it's not obvious from your posts.

Oh, and the custom is to put one puncutation item at the end of a sentence, not two or more. Question marks and exclamation marks are punctuation items.

Hope this helps,
    adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    I'm a teacher now? Ok, let's try spelling and grammar then...

gilberto_eire, the key with the ^ up arrow on it is the Shift key, it lets you capitalise the first word of a sentence, like they taught you in school. You did go to school, right? Only it's not obvious from your posts.

Oh, and the custom is to put one puncutation item at the end of a sentence, not two or more. Question marks and exclamation marks are punctuation items.

Hope this helps,
    adam

In that case Gilberto_Eire would have capitals ''Sir''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    In that case Gilberto_Eire would have capitals ''Sir''
    Incorrect as it is neither your name nor are you God. This is why you have to wear that big cap with a capital D on gilberto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    message from Jebus.... wonder what it says?. can be bothered reading your crap anymore its about as exciting as a L37 game!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    message from Jebus.... wonder what it says?. can be bothered reading your crap anymore its about as exciting as a L37 game!!
    Knew you wouldn't be able to hit that ignore button gilberto, OBSESSED!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    your really sucking up to Dahamsta here it has to be said
    That's probably how it seems to you. But answer me these; If I agree with someone does that mean I'm sucking up to them? Would you say I was sucking up to you if I agreed with you? Do you really think my motives here are born out of trying to impress dahamsta?

Here, I'll save you the trouble. I'm an entirely free-thinking person. I've no meas on the notion of authority as an exalted position, we're all entitled to opinions and should be allowed to express them freely, away from political constraints. If I thought dahamsta was wrong I'd have no problem explaining my opinion to him. Something which the majority of 'no' voters here seem to have difficulty doing. Or are they afraid or something?

Which is worse for an adult - saying you pretty much agree with him because you do and not worrying what others think, or not agreeing with his views but then not presenting your argument because you're afraid he might pick on you afterwards?

Dahamsta strikes me as a reasonable sort; voice your opinion and if it makes sense he'll take it on board. No one has cohesively done that on this thread. If you've a problem with his approach and think you've some advice for him then why don't you say that? Isn't it worth a shot; If he rejects that reasoned argument how would it make him look? Would that not be more worthwhile than staying quiet and muttering to yourself about what a damned cnut he is?

funny how you try slag me about been stupid coming from the county thats the butt of the ''stupid'' jokes round the country!!
    Not slagging you at all. Don't have a sinister bone in my body. One problem I may have is unfailingly telling the truth when someone mightn't be able to understand I'm saying it for their benefit.* But that's what I like others to do unto me so it's a tricky one.

* By the way Gilberto, (in case you missed it in my last post, though in fairness I underlined it!), what I'm saying to you is that the way you present your posts doesn't do your arguments any favours.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast