Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Is it OK for Dahamsta to call a member a dumbass and a moron?

Voters
17065. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 0.06%
  • No

55 0.32%
  • Only if the member is Gilberto

17,000 99.62%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Jaysus lads relax
    DB Cooper is alive !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Seconded

Bit ridiculous of you to talk about internet bullying Gilberto when you laughably pmed me a few months back threatening me if I ever went near Terryland again don't you think? LtiD too I think
    wouldnt you know you would come along with something. HMV not busy enough for ya?. you took things personal with me and i said why dont ya come and say things to my face and stop hiding behind a keyboard. never was talk of telling you not to come to terryland so get your facts right!!. to say i ''bullied'' you is laughable!!. this all started over my post in the wrong section asking about the nominations process since you voted for LTID and he voted for you, bias much?.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    wouldnt you know you would come along with something. HMV not busy enough for ya?. you took things personal with me and i said why dont ya come and say things to my face and stop hiding behind a keyboard. never was talk of telling you not to come to terryland so get your facts right!!. to say i ''bullied'' you is laughable!!. this all started over my post in the wrong section asking about the nominations process since you voted for LTID and he voted for you, bias much?.
    Oh is that what started it? Why didn't you say so Gilberto! I mean no-one could ever excuse you of being OBSESSED!!! with us or anything Shame on me for thinking my friend can be funny

And wasn't your ridiculous 'come and have a go' challenge because I insulted what the Sectioned Galway lads eat/drink on the bus? Not because I "took things personal", still ever the martyr Gilberto, ever the martyr

Oh and HMV?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu View Post
    In fairness dahamsta the point I'm making is that I doubt engaging on this level with gilberto does not serve any benefit to you apart from the temporary glee of irritating him which doesn't really serve your aims much in the long term.
    I don't think I have anything to gain or lose tbh. I already have the credibility I need or deserve with the people that matter on Foot.ie, and the people that don't will accuse me of the usual "bias", "fascism" and "hypocrisy" no matter how I behave on the site, because they don't have the brains to understand how Foot.ie - and society in general - works on short, medium and long term basises. Star readers don't really feature on my "people to care about" list.

Surely a better tactic would be to refuse to engage with him altogether if you feel this way about him so that you could show that you feel his view are irrelevant to you?
    We all need to vent every now and again. If I were to truly speak my mind, you'd see a thread like this every day on Foot.ie. I generally keep my counsel to myself, but for exceptional people there are exceptions. The OP in this case is truly exceptional, like 3 or 4 bad Foot.ie users rolled into one. Luckily the bad uns are the exception to the norm, or none of us would be here. But make no mistake, Foot.ie would be a better place without users like gilberto_eire.

adam

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Best. Thread. Ever.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    dahamsta i have to agree with some previous posts in that it is hypocritical and childish of you to go around calling posters 'dumbass' and 'moron' among other condescending comments. i would like to make it clear that gilberto is not a mate of mine and indeed I have, in the past, had a few 'conversations' with gilberto where I was ready to pull my hair out, and indeed had a keyboard row on one or two occasions with same poster.

However had I gone about name calling or wumming like you have here I would surely have had my posts deleted / been warned / banned. it is an abuse of your power on the site imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I'd forgotten about "abuse of power", but I guess that could be rolled up into "fascism". Well done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I'd like to firing personal insults at people too, but I'd probably get a warning or ban. Can I have immunity like our great leader? Please?
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Try reading the entire thread instead of just jumping in at the end GuisaSaigon, eh? You're putting yourself firmly in gilberto's category there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    Try reading the entire thread instead of just jumping in at the end GuisaSaigon, eh? You're putting yourself firmly in gilberto's category there.
    cant see your point here ADAM
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    I'd like to firing personal insults at people too, but I'd probably get a warning or ban. Can I have immunity like our great leader? Please?
    But such immunity (which we all have) is derived from your comments remaining directly pertinent to the matter they are addressing.

Judging by people's posts; If I call Bluebeard a creative, funny cnut then he'd have to have a close look at himself and say 'jeez, you're right, I am.'

If I tell Osarusan he has the patience of a saint he'd acknowledge that.

If someone tells me I'm a long-winded bollax who can't get to the point in less than ten lines I'd appraise the comment and think that person is very shrewd. That doesn't mean I'd change my ways though or anything, I don't see it as a problem.

Of course the important point is that comments remain somewhat constructive and relate to a 'Problem'. I usually, upon objective appraisal, try to take criticism as constructively as possible. After that I can see if the point is accurate, carries merit, and is in 'the greater good'. If not, I'll ignore it and carry on as before. If it is, I'll try to change a little bit.

Gilberto doesn't do that. His comments on the whole are idiotic, moronic, dumbassy, etc. - basically, an annoyance, and of considerable detriment to the overall enjoyment to the community without any correlative compensation.

The teacher has spoken. But can the bold offender take those comments on board, and think that maybe he could take 30 seconds more per post, construct them a bit better, put them in the right thread, look at his spelling as he types, basically think a little bit more? Shouldn't be too hard you'd imagine. Or will he become indignant, exchange slurs with the teacher, thinking all the while that he is right and the teacher an autocratic cnut who is picking on him personally because he's jealous of the student's looks and youth and not because of wider non-personal reasons??
    Last edited by kingdom hoop; 17/01/2008 at 3:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post

The teacher has spoken. But can the bold offender take those comments on board, and think that maybe he could take 30 seconds more per post, construct them a bit better, put them in the right thread, look at his spelling as he types, basically think a little bit more? Shouldn't be too hard you'd imagine. Or will he become indignant, exchange slurs with the teacher, thinking all the while that he is right and the teacher an autocratic cnut who is picking on him personally because he's jealous of the student's looks and youth and not because of wider non-personal reasons??
    Picking on someone personally for non-personal reasons? You lost me there Hoop
    I'd take being called a moron and a dumbass fairly personally.
    I dont know the history between these two, but reading this thread it seems teaming up on a young lad you don't like is fine on Foot.ie as long as you deem his contribution to the "community" to be worthless. Gilberto cant/wont resort to personal insults or name calling so why do others get away with it?

BTW a teacher should avoid getting involved in childish slagging matches with his students. Especially if he is going to send the student to the Principal's Office once he gets slagged back. He will probably lose the respect of the whole class, if he hasn't already done so
    Last edited by GuisaSaigon; 17/01/2008 at 3:57 PM.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any chance to delete this thread and thus save face for anyone ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EAFC_rdfl View Post
    I . . . . . . . . . felt it was uncalled for.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    sorry dahamsta, but i have to say that . . . . . . . . . . . i would expect an infraction to be issued.
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Seconded

Bit ridiculous of you to talk about internet bullying Gilberto
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    dahamsta i have to agree with some previous posts .
    Gilberto doesn't do that. His comments on the whole are idiotic, moronic, dumbassy, etc. - basically, an annoyance, and of considerable detriment to the overall enjoyment to the community without any correlative compensation.
    Can a mod turn this thread in to a poll?
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    I'd forgotten about "abuse of power", but I guess that could be rolled up into "fascism". Well done.
    no need to go to extremity Adam but if I or others resort to name calling and Wumming we do get warned (or worse). You on the other hand can be blasé about the whole thing and claim that the poster has no worthwhile input to the site in general therefore somehow excusing insults you direct toward him. By that same token is it my right to callously insult other posters if I feel that their input is not as intellectually stimulating as I would view my own?? OR would I be advised by a moderator, like yourself, to just press the ignore button. As the old saying goes 'Whats good for the goose is good for the gander', or in this case is it OK for you to do these things because of your position on this site??

Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Can a mod turn this thread in to a poll?
    excellent idea:

Q:
    Is it OK for Dahamsta to call a member a dumbass and a moron?

A:
    i. Yes
    ii No
    iii Only if the member is Gilberto
    Last edited by dahamsta; 17/01/2008 at 5:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret Murph View Post
    Any chance to delete this thread and thus save face for anyone ??
    Good idea, if Delaney is reading he could consider this unruly behaviour by Galway United (even though just one supporter) and present the Tribesmen with a big fine pre-season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    excellent idea:

Q:
    Is it OK for Dahamsta to call a member a dumbass and a moron?

A:
    i. Yes
    ii No
    iii Only if the member is Gilberto
    Im pretty sure its allowed in dictorships
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    But such immunity (which we all have) is derived from your comments remaining directly pertinent to the matter they are addressing.

Judging by people's posts; If I call Bluebeard a creative, funny cnut then he'd have to have a close look at himself and say 'jeez, you're right, I am.'

If I tell Osarusan he has the patience of a saint he'd acknowledge that.

If someone tells me I'm a long-winded bollax who can't get to the point in less than ten lines I'd appraise the comment and think that person is very shrewd. That doesn't mean I'd change my ways though or anything, I don't see it as a problem.

Of course the important point is that comments remain somewhat constructive and relate to a 'Problem'. I usually, upon objective appraisal, try to take criticism as constructively as possible. After that I can see if the point is accurate, carries merit, and is in 'the greater good'. If not, I'll ignore it and carry on as before. If it is, I'll try to change a little bit.

I knew somebody'd be along to put the thoughts in my head down on the screen at some point. My hero!

The community has demanded a poll, and who am I to argue?

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deecay View Post
    Im pretty sure its allowed in dictorships
    all animals are equal but some are more equal than others.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I view it as payment in kind.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast