Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: moronic booing at Lansdowne

Scouse
    I c the logic of smaller is better.......

All this hatred starts with small things - people dont just go straight for the kill, a culture builds up. If u want sectarianism to come down south then keep calling it small potatoes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Scouse
    All this hatred starts with small things
    a wise man once said
    anger leads to hate. hate leads to the Dark Side
    bemindful out there
    life is random

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,350 Posts
    Brian Kerr mentioned it in his Manager's Column. Only saw that to-day though, so it wouldn't really have helped matters much...

There was a bit in the Dublin Daily on it as well, but in most of the papers it doesn't even get a mention, which is ridiculous. But it must be announced over the PA that these people are gobsh!tes and tell them to stop. At least it'll stop the bandwagon jumpers, if not the instigators.

thecorner
    Originally posted by gspain
    Can you quote your source?

If my memory serves me correctly he didn't even play in Tbilisi.
    your memory is right but this is what he said in a lot of tabloids before the game
    and yes there was qoutations

F*uck The ******

booing goes on in our own league as well. just ask ollie and when we r finished with reynolds he will vouch for it as well

thecorner
    and may i also refresh your memories back to a a hom,e game against iceland and a certain mr.roy keane

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well done Corner, you are a real irish man. Fair play to speak up among the nonsense.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by thecorner
    booing goes on in our own league as well. just ask ollie and when we r finished with reynolds he will vouch for it as well
    yeah, but we don't boo kevin hunt because he used to play with barnet. in the cases you mentioned we have a 'history' with the players.

to be honest it sickens me that we boo rangers players, just because they are rangers players.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BOOING

Agree totally the booing is a discrace and has no place in international football,it's ridiculas that everytime a rangers player comes to play here we have the same ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts
    your memory is right but this is what he said in a lot of tabloids before the game
    and yes there was qoutations

F*uck The ******

Well if it was in the tabloids it must have been true.

thecorner
    Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
    Well if it was in the tabloids it must have been true.
    well if a couple of papers run the same story with quotes and it aint true, they would be wide open to libel action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Originally posted by LFC in Exile
    Ah Gary, c'mon. You're stretching it a bit now.

You can't favourably comment on Windsor Park compared to Lansdowne Road. The Neil Lennon incident is not that long ago. Its easy to pretend to be non-sectarian when you issue death threats against the Celtic players.

Windsor is still a no-go for Nationalists. The booing of Arveladze et al is very small potatoes compared to what has happened in Norn Iron.
    It was probably the Neil Lennon incident (the abuse not the death threats which had nothing to do with fans) that galvanised the campaign

They have a campaign to "Give bigotry the red card" and are making great strides. It's a very different place to the way it was 5 or 10 years ago. I actually looked for Rangers shirts in the highlights of the Spain game and couldn't see any in the crowd shots.

I was at our last 3 games at Windsor and yes there was lots of sectarian bile. At the same time we had NI fans sitting with the home support here without any problems. I took great pride in that. Then we were the best fans in the world.

UEFA are clamping down on racist abuse at the moment - well have fans shout "dirty proddie", "orange *******" (heard by me at Danish game)or "Get stuck into the F@&*ING Prod" as heard by the Newstalk106 reporter on wed night would certainly qualify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Can I just re-iterate booing oposing players is not the problem - booing Albanians for feigning injury is fine or bad tackles.

It is booing a player because he plays for a certain club or his religion is the problem and the sectarian bile directed at them as well.

Anyway these bigots are making a lot of fans really dislike Celtic FC - a few callers to Newstalk106 last night were claiming to now support Rangers because of this.

Needless to say this is not the answer as some Rangers fans as just as sectarian and moronic but there's always Kilmarnock or Dunfermline. Anyway they should be supporting Rovers or Bohs first.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Originally posted by gspain
    Needless to say this is not the answer as some Rangers fans as just as sectarian and moronic but there's always Kilmarnock or Dunfermline. Anyway they should be supporting Rovers or Bohs first.
    Surely that should be there's always Dundee United or Hibernians???

And you know as well as me that they should be supporting Limerick first!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    booing for playin for rangers is a disgrace. and as for the comments arveladze made, it makes no difference to me, we shouldnt stoop to that level

as we all know, that kind of booing normally happens between clubs with a history of great rivalry, but even thats never sectarian. the republic of ireland team is not a club team

kick out bigotry!
    Followin Our Own Teams In Eire

theres no cure for the League of Ireland bug. spread it :)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stamping out booing a priority - 12 June 2003

FAI Chief Executive Fran Rooney has made the stamping out of booing of players at international games a priority following the constant booing of Georgia and Rangers striker Shota Arveladze by a minority of the crowd in Wednesday night's 2-0 victory over Georgia.

Arveladze was regularly booed by a small section of the crowd on account that he plays for Scottish club Glasgow Rangers and Rooney has reiterated manager Brian Kerr's stance that it is unacceptable.

"We will look at how other Associations deal with it, get the players involved and get the media involved. We've got to stamp it out," Rooney said.

"The Association has already tried things. We have made announcement before which only intensified the booing and last night, Brian Kerr's programme notes asked for no booing.

"Sometimes supporters boo a player when he makes a bad tackle or because of his attitude and I suppose that's part of football but to boo a players because he is associated with a particular club is unacceptable.

"It is certainly the minority of people who boo. I think that sometimes people don't even realise why they are booing and think it's because the player maybe did a bad tackle, but it started very early last night and was nothing to do with the game.

"It's not new. We've had it against Norway and Denmark as well and I know that it's also a problem in other countries.

And Rooney also praised the majority of fans for their tremendous support of Ireland during the game. "I think the atmosphere last night was electric. Fans had put a lot of work into preparing for the game which makes the actions of a few all the more disappointing."

fai.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts
    Apparently Arveladze collapsed after the game and was only released from hospital today. Wonder what happened, I don't think he was subbed - anyone know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It seems to me that Rangers and Celtic, and many of their supporters are the main cause of problems for both Irish teams.

It's sad really because both Rangers and Celtic are great clubs, with many thoroughly decent supporters, but too many of their fans think it's about more than football.

As a Northern Ireland fan I was really disgusted with what to Neil Lennon, mistreated by a stupid minority. I also would hate to see Keith Gillespie move to Rangers, as he will just become an idol to sad little bigots, simply because he's a protestant from NI.

I think both countries (oh bit controversial) have really great traditions going back a long way, and on the whole excellent supporters. But a moronic MINORITY ruin it for both sides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    LADS ..CORNER AND pineapple stu..watch the chit u posting .. no matter how drunk ye that kinda chit is uncalled for
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    short memories lads
    the day before the away game against georgia, this clown was mouthing off in the papers saying he would love to get the goal that beats ireland for the rangers fan
    now what did rangers have to do with georgia vs ireland

pr!ck deserved what he got
    Are you 100% positive about that thecorner? Averladze is an Ortodox Catholic from the oldest Christian area in the world. i doubt he'd want to bring any attention to religious divide between (predominantly) protestant rangers and (predominantly) catholic ireland.

apparently he was rushed to hospital because he started coughing up blood. soem celtic fan in the hotel probably spiked his dinner.

thecorner
    a player got booed
    big deal lads
    ud swear a member of ur family died with the way ye r going on
    get over it lads
    dont be losing sleep over it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast