Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a holiday

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Recommend a holiday

The missus is bugging me to go on hols i normally get bored very easily, sitting by the pool/beach annoys me after a few hours, going on tours also annoys me i will go visit a fantastic church look at it think thats great lets go now. I thnk it stems from being forced to walk around art galleries etc as a kid and ive a very short attention span.

Anyone recomend anywhere ? i was thinking of Dubai at least then we'll get the sun & the shopping and i can go snow boarding in that indoor ski slope when she starts to annoy me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    When do you want to go?
    Whats your budget?
    What age approx are you?
    What are your interests?
    What has been your best holiday and why?

Otherwise its impossible to recommend!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    When do you want to go? soon (feb)
    Whats your budget?5-800 per person
    What age approx are you? 29
    What are your interests? TV, eating ,footy, extreme sports surfing snowboarding etc
    What has been your best holiday and why? Oz surfing or Andora snowboarding prob the best as the days where filled with fun stuff so i didnt get bored .Dont mind going out at night then as its second to the day activity and not the main focus of the hol.

worst hols Turkey : sitting by the pool surrounded by scumbag Dubs bored drinking all day + hassle from dirty locals trying to sell you everything all the time.

Id love to go snowboarding but the missus is gone on it , so im thinkign Italy for eating . Anywhere really but no lansagrotty or costa del anything. ( Nowhere that poor people or dubs like to go )

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    well on a budget of 5-800 you could well consider yourselves one of them.

the last holiday i went on i spent between 3 - 4000 dollars ( I tell myself 3, but im pretty sure its near the other end ) and that was just 17 days (not including taking away 2 days for flights basically )( with free accomodation for 9 days ). IF you really want a good holiday without scummies, then you will need to be going to the more expensive places....and spending more than what you are willing to pay!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    IF you really want a good holiday without scummies, then you will need to be going to the more expensive places....and spending more than what you are willing to pay!
    Bull.
    Off the beaten track does not necessarily equal more expensive.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    POS not sure what you are like in real like but some of your posts make you look, frankly, like a complete ignoramus.

Anto, if you were prepared to go away for a shorter period 4-5 days you'd get more for your money.

If its heat you are looking for in Feb unfortunately the Canaries/Malta/Cyrpus are probably the only options within that budget.

If you could stretch the money a bit I reckon you'd love South Africa and Cape Town in particular. Great weather, shopping for the laydee and lots of actions sports and the like and a real laid back vibe.

Also highly recommend the Basque country around Bibao, San Sebastian and north to Biarittz. Lots going on there, surfing, dune boarding etc.
    Last edited by OneRedArmy; 09/01/2008 at 2:43 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    well on a budget of 5-800 you could well consider yourselves one of them.

the last holiday i went on i spent between 3 - 4000 dollars ( I tell myself 3, but im pretty sure its near the other end ) and that was just 17 days (not including taking away 2 days for flights basically )( with free accomodation for 9 days ). IF you really want a good holiday without scummies, then you will need to be going to the more expensive places....and spending more than what you are willing to pay!
    3 grand for 17 days! im talking about only a week so a 1/3 of that it would be a similar price range. the 5-800 would be flights and acom , i expect food and spends to be extra 1500max in total we'll say.

a Weeks snowboarding in andora is around 6-700 or a week in La Gomeara in the cannaries which looks to be the best option but im leaning towards Andora for the duty free shopping !!!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    The missus is bugging me to go on hols i normally get bored very easily, sitting by the pool/beach annoys me after a few hours, going on tours also annoys me i will go visit a fantastic church look at it think thats great lets go now. I thnk it stems from being forced to walk around art galleries etc as a kid and ive a very short attention span.

Anyone recomend anywhere ? i was thinking of Dubai at least then we'll get the sun & the shopping and i can go snow boarding in that indoor ski slope when she starts to annoy me.
    Go to Poland. It's extremely easy to get to from Dublin, as well as being cheap to boot. If you head south to Zakopane you can stay in beautiful scenery, go snowboarding, and get the train north to Krakow easily. Everything costs a fraction of what it does in Ireland (even in the more touristy areas, a pint was still around a euro), most people will speak at least some English, and the locals are generally very friendly. There's plenty to occupy yourself with in Krakow.
    Last edited by thischarmingman; 09/01/2008 at 3:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Not into extreme sports or anything like that, or sunbathing
    so 2 of my most enjoyable holidays have been

Rome.
    - Plenty to see, and if you dont want to see the sights, well then dont bother going to see them.
    - Food is good and inexpensice (time I was there anyway).
    - Go to a Roma or Lazio game (I didnt get to a game but went to Olympic Stadium)
    - Cheap and cheerful Ryanair flight over and back.

Krakow
    - Tour to Auschwitz and salt mines
    - Cheap food and drink
    - Go to Wisla Krakow/Krakovia game (I didnt get to a game but went to both grounds)
    Last edited by Ash; 09/01/2008 at 3:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I understand most of the sentence, but you have completely mispelt the third word to the point that I have no idea what you might have meant.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noby View Post
    Bull.
    Off the beaten track does not necessarily equal more expensive.
    If you want an activity holiday I meant. I still stick by it, doing tours/activities/whatever costs.

Beaten track is different, but in fairness that doesnt sound like the holiday he is on about/wants.

ORA: I probably am , but by the sounds of what Anto was looking for, I would be into the same sorta stuff, and its expensive if you want to do be something everyday. I probably should have been a bit more detailed in my response

Anto, it was 15 days basically.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Malta. Small Island, Easily accessible, loads to see and great public transport
    oh and did I mention the weather. cheap as chips too

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cape Town, may be a bit of a stretch on your suggested budget but you will not be far out. Cheap once you get there, try self catering instead of hotels, plenty to do eg swim with sharks, wine region just down the road, hire a car, food is great especially if you like meat.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I booked a week snowboarding in Bulgaria , 730 for flights bus transfer hotel with breakfast and dinner each day lift pass board boot hire and lessons .

all i have to buy is my boozw which is ment to be cheap as well .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    .... i was thinking of Dubai at least then we'll get the sun & the shopping and i can go snow boarding in that indoor ski slope when she starts to annoy me....
    Maybe you shoud go without her?
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    dirty locals ... no lansagrotty or costa del anything. ( Nowhere that poor people or dubs like to go )
    I recommend 2 weeks in Basra, dumbass.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    I recommend 2 weeks in Basra, dumbass.
    Could be good but i bet ill wake up the first morning to "whears me blead'n vodka" as there childers smash the place up. God i hate dubs

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just back from Bulgaria snowboarding brilliant time very cheap over there spent 400 euro all week 150 on pressies and the rest was on lunch every day booze and taxi's buses and shows for 2 people !!

The resort was quite expensive by bulgarian standards and yet a 2 litre bottle of beer cost 2.50 in the hotel !!

Food is terrible though really cheap meat, meat served up that didnt look smell or taste like what is was supposed to be after the 2nd day i stuck to veg and soup.

Bulgarian people are really nice and the "do every tourist out of there money" factor hasnt hit it yet like prague/Thurkey. The only hassle all week was 3 guys that where selling little bells at the entrance to the slopes that asked if i would like a bell , when i said no thanks they said ok maybe later and left me alone

Got great snow for the week as well all in all a great holiday wasnt ruined by the 4 hour delay not sleeping for 35 hours or the idiot cork lads that thought every thing they said was hilarious that got locked and sang really badly all the way over on the plane. At the end of a 4 hour wait and a 4 hour flight with them behind me i was quite cranky , imagine my delight when i sat to wait for the flight home to have the same lads land in behind me and again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    So anyone being to Dubai? How much would a week cost approx?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    So anyone being to Dubai? How much would a week cost approx?
    I haven’t been but after the flights its cheap enough accommodation food clothes etc all very reasonable. It’s a nice spot if you don’t mind supporting those kinds of regimes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast