Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Good tip thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Have any of you ever had a stab at online tennis betting? My brother recommended it to me and I made £275 yesterday betting on one-sided games during play, building up my winnings from an original £300 stake and then continually re-betting what I'd won back on the next match like so:

I've re-placed my £575 balance on match that already went in my favour last night and another player leading his lower-seeded opponent 6-4, 5-4 and serving to win the match at odds of 1/66. Play has been suspended until later today due to rain, but that will bag me another £15 or so, assuming nothing extraordinary happens. It's not a huge deal for the stake placed but I think tennis betting is something that is relatively risk-free and worth building up gradually over time, so long as you don't be too rash about it. I'd do a quick bit of background reading on the players involved and look at the stats of the game in progress before throwing money down.

I'd previously tried my luck with small-stake tennis accumulators but was undone by one or two results out of between 20 and 25 on those occasions. This is a new tack and seems much more reliable.

The fact there are only two possible outcomes (and no draws) increases your chance of predicting the correct result. Tennis (especially mens singles) is also more predictable as it relies on the ability of just one individual (or just two in doubles) rather than a team of 11 or whatever and there is plenty of opportunity for the stronger player to rectify the odd error here and there, whereas, say, one error that leads to a goal might decide a football match.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Heh Danny any tips then for the upcoming first round in Wimbledon?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I'll stick up a few tomorrow once the order of play comes up. Just have to avoid anyone we're looking after. THen again, most fell in qualies :-0

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Won't speculate on the Rodionova match as I don't want to be seen as messing about. So, the following are bets that look fairly decent:
    Federer to win over Ramos
    Isner over Falla
    Darcis over Rufin
    Penetta over Giorgi
    Peng over Zaniewska (torn here as the Pole is signed with us)
    Tsurenko over Johansson (have little time for the Swde/French, she's good but the Ukranian should do it)
    Pervak over Li (Ksenia's not been in great form but she's got a heap of points to defend so she's motivated, Li has hubby troubles)

Outside (kind of) bet
    Golding to beat Andreev (the Russian is carrying an injury and not a grass courter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Heh Danny any tips then for the upcoming first round in Wimbledon?
    I'm afraid I only bet during play after I've seen how things are panning out and usually wait until the very last moment whilst the odds are still worth a bet before the match swings in one player's favour. I'll take a number of factors into account when placing the bet but I wouldn't bet on a match from the outset given the stake involved, whether I tipped someone to win or not. It's just a matter of being patient, gradually building up your balance and not doing anything rash. I've won another £300 doing this in the past two days.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819