Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Albums You're looking forward to in 2008

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Albums You're looking forward to in 2008

Any releases you're looking forward to hearing during 2008?

Supergrass release a new album in March 2008 - "Diamond Hoo-Ha" . Thought "Road to Rouen" was a little below par despite a few good singles. Hoping the new one is a return to form.

Doves are still in the studio working on the new album due for release in 08. Great band who are a bit under-rated.

Oasis Its become fashionable to knock them. Still a big fan and still hopeful they've one great album left in them.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Any releases you're looking forward to hearing during 2008?

Supergrass release a new album in March 2008 - "Diamond Hoo-Ha" . Thought "Road to Rouen" was a little below par despite a few good singles. Hoping the new one is a return to form.

Doves are still in the studio working on the new album due for release in 08. Great band who are a bit under-rated.

Oasis Its become fashionable to knock them. Still a big fan and still hopeful they've one great album left in them.
    Was wondering what happened to Doves. Looking forward to Supergrass must admit, they played recently in London as the Diamond Hoo-Ha band, that could be one to watch. Any sign of that Guns N Roses new album in 2008 then?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Not sure of tittles but looking forward to the following band who are all meant to be releasing albums in 2008

The Cure
    Morrissey
    Patti Smith
    The Prodigy
    Eagles of Death Metal
    Massive Attack
    The Prodigy
    Goldfrapp
    Spiritualized
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Dig,Lazarus,Dig!!
    Out in March.
    They say what about the meek?
    I say they’ve got a bloody cheek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Eagles of death metal and hopefully Zepplin bring out a new album and tour europe with Slane or Phoneix Pk one of the destinations. Metallica rumoured to be working on a new album, hopefully Hetfield goes back on the sauce for it and writes the lyrics and music himself. Last few albums not quite as good.

Anyone hear about Rage against the machine reunion to happen in 2008?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Not sure of tittles but looking forward to the following band who are all meant to be releasing albums in 2008

The Cure
    Morrissey
    Patti Smith
    The Prodigy
    Eagles of Death Metal
    Massive Attack
    The Prodigy
    Goldfrapp
    Spiritualized
    Prodigy releasing a double album then?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not for reasons of fashionability but rather facing reality.
    Nearly all people who still cling to Oasis are doing so purely for nostalgia reasons, their judgement clouded by wanting them to ressurect feelings of their more youthful days of the mid-nineties. If any of Oasis' last 4 albums had been a debut it wouldnt have even been a blip on the radar. Face it, they will never release another Definitely Maybe.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Eagles of death metal and hopefully Zepplin bring out a new album and tour europe with Slane or Phoneix Pk one of the destinations. Metallica rumoured to be working on a new album, hopefully Hetfield goes back on the sauce for it and writes the lyrics and music himself. Last few albums not quite as good.

Anyone hear about Rage against the machine reunion to happen in 2008?
    know rage reunited at coachella festival this year and have been playing u.s dates but havent heard anything about new material or european tour dates, one of the best live bands ever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Aren't Green Day due a new album?
    Dr Dre's new album has been in the mix for while, I'd like for it to see the light of day
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Maybe the Sisters of Mercy will release a new album next year..although I've been saying that every year since 1990.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Black Francis - SVN FNGRS

It's an EP sort of thing though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Coldplay's new one should be good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Nearly all people who still cling to Oasis are doing so purely for nostalgia reasons, their judgement clouded by wanting them to ressurect feelings of their more youthful days of the mid-nineties. If any of Oasis' last 4 albums had been a debut it wouldnt have even been a blip on the radar. Face it, they will never release another Definitely Maybe.
    Don't Believe the Truth was easily a better album then both of Arctic Monkey's albums, both of which have made something of a blip, so I disagree

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Clinging to Oasis? They're still a brilliant live band in the here and now - with the power to match anyone on stage.

No point denying that I've very fond memories of the mid nineties and Oasis are the sound track to those days. I wouldn't write them off quite yet though.

If the next one is poor - I'll have to admit defeat.

Admittedly, they've never got near "Definitely Maybe" partly because it was of its time and captured the zeitgiest and partly because it contains some brilliant, classic songs.

I don't expect another Definitely Maybe - but still think they are capable of producing a very good, musically relevant album. If they're arsed.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Don't Believe the Truth was easily a better album then both of Arctic Monkey's albums, both of which have made something of a blip, so I disagree
    I agree. Don't believe the truth was a very good album. Heathen Chemistry had its moments but the last one was a marked improvement and probably their best since Morning Glory. Gem and Andy Bell have improved the band and are also given Noel some competition so he's had to up his game.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    The 3rd Giveamanakick LP is out in spring as is Half Man Half Biscuits 11th.

I've heard two songs off the latter -"Bad Loser at Yahoo Chess" and "On the 'Roids" and they bode well. 2005s Achtung Bono will be a hard act to follow though.

Haven't heard anything from the GAMAK album yet but, in any guise, Steven Ryan never fails to produce the goods.

Another possibility is a "classic" Sepultura line-up re-union. As both Cavaleras are now out of the line-up it's lost a lot of it's credibility despite the fact they've produced some fine records with Derrick Green who has wronged no-one in all the goings on. I'd prefer to see Green retained and incorporated in the scenario of a move to bring the Cavaleras back into the fold.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lionel

Is there a provisional title for HMHB vol. 11?
    Music is often very unjust in not recognising talent and ability. One of the reasons why I slightly prefer football. A little more justice in footie. If there was any justice HMHB would have had 50 top 10 UK Hit singles by now.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 26/12/2007 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If the next one is poor - I'll have to admit defeat.
    This seems to be the Oasis fan mantra....the next one is bound to recapture former glories isn't it??

Lets face it, Oasis haven't been a relevant band for the last 10 years...and this comes from one of their biggest fans that even liked Be Here Now ()....

They just write incredibly boring, MOR rubbish now....
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie m View Post
    know rage reunited at coachella festival this year and have been playing u.s dates but havent heard anything about new material or european tour dates, one of the best live bands ever
    They've announced some European festival dates, in the New Year Im gonna try arrange to head to the Rock Am Ring Festival in Germany with Metallica. Sort of a dream of mine to see a RATM live show so kinda unmisssable! They have no plans for a new album yet though...

Speaking of Metallica, they have a new one out next year, not exactly a huge fan but have most of their stuff, looking forward to hearing what they come up with (Oh and Rick Rublin is producing it too...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackArmy View Post
    They've announced some European festival dates, in the New Year Im gonna try arrange to head to the Rock Am Ring Festival in Germany with Metallica. Sort of a dream of mine to see a RATM live show so kinda unmisssable! They have no plans for a new album yet though...

Speaking of Metallica, they have a new one out next year, not exactly a huge fan but have most of their stuff, looking forward to hearing what they come up with (Oh and Rick Rublin is producing it too...)
    thats fantastic news about rage, hopefully they can find room for an irish date! im sure they will have new material, its not like there isnt enough going on in the world to inspire zack and the boys! anything metallica brings out has gotta be better than St Anger, hated it,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast