Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stephen Kenny Back at the Candystripes

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well going to Harps games is an easy way, for a Derry City team official, to scout players or in the case of Harps being in the Premier to spy on forthcoming opposition. We often see coaches/managers or directors of football from other clubs at matches in UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Kenny is mad going back to Derry, they will be expecting to win the Champions League within the next few years.
    ??

WHERE has any DCFC fan stated this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyDCFC View Post
    ??

WHERE has any DCFC fan stated this?
    Think there's a hint of sarcasm there...right sam??!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I put a few names into the hat a few weeks back re: Derry city job, and I know Kenny was the obvious choice for many but I hadnt included him myself as I heard from the horse's mouth that he had no Intention of returning to DCFC. He was hoping that he would get an opportunity In Scotland and this never materialised. If this Is the case, I wouldnt hold out too much hope for next year to all who support DCFC. He wasnt wanted by all members of the board, the new chairman Mc Daid caused alot of argument in the board as a result coz he jumped the gun about done deal and all that crap.

P.s Is It just me but Is it very quite regarding transfer news?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    I put a few names into the hat a few weeks back re: Derry city job, and I know Kenny was the obvious choice for many but I hadnt included him myself as I heard from the horse's mouth that he had no Intention of returning to DCFC. He was hoping that he would get an opportunity In Scotland and this never materialised. If this Is the case, I wouldnt hold out too much hope for next year to all who support DCFC. He wasnt wanted by all members of the board, the new chairman Mc Daid caused alot of argument in the board as a result coz he jumped the gun about done deal and all that crap.

You're views are very much in the minority amongst Derry City fans.

I also can't help but think you are covering up for your previous posts on who would be the new boss. As for your allegations regarding the Board, back up or retract are the usual rules on here......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cool

I was only throwing a few names into the hat at that stage, eventhough my choice would have been Cook from Sligo, I dont want to offend Sligo fans by that! All media outlets and those in contact with Kenny from the offset knew he had no Intention of coming to Derry, I really do not know why he changed his mind but I hope Its for the right reasons, namely DCFC and not the Stephen Kenny show. I know a number of fans think SK cost Derry the title and at the moment are willing to forgive but the honeymoon period will not last forever If the team does not hit the field running.

Last year there was only a few things wrong at DCFC:

(1) Beckett was never replaced and only the brief appearance of Sammy Morrow did we see Improvement
    (2) Goalkeepers, Although Pat improved he still never Inspired confidence
    (3) Paddy McCourt, a real gem when fit and playing but all too often Injured DCFC need him fit and scoring or creating at least one goal a game, a player of his ability should and could do this!
    (4) Mark Farren not hitting the onion bag but he will probably come god again, he was trying too hard

So If Derry can sort these things out, they can do well Irrespective of Kenny, yet this year Oman has to be replaced and that will not be an easy job.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Well considering Pat McDaid told us he was top of the list then how can you say the board didnt want him? You got it wrong and now your trying to dampen the spirits b y saying we should hold out much hope, what a load of Colin Nish!!

I and many other Derry fans will be patient, we are not expecting to win the league next season.There s too big of a gap to close. As for transfer news, kenny has been scouting the IL in recent days and i'm sure he'll be doing more scouting over the coming days. Also he is keeping an eye on David Forde' situation at Cardiff. He should also have Alan Reynolds and Declan Devine as Assistant and Coach hopefully this week.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    assume that reynolds will be finished as a player then... never much of a player imo...
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    ll media outlets and those in contact with Kenny from the offset knew he had no Intention of coming to Derry, I really do not know why he changed his mind
    You'll be aware who made the initial contact from a DCFC perspective and therefore how wrong you are then......
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was only throwing a few names into the hat at that stage, eventhough my choice would have been Cook from Sligo, I dont want to offend Sligo fans by that! All media outlets and those in contact with Kenny from the offset knew he had no Intention of coming to Derry, I really do not know why he changed his mind but I hope Its for the right reasons, namely DCFC and not the Stephen Kenny show. I know a number of fans think SK cost Derry the title and at the moment are willing to forgive but the honeymoon period will not last forever If the team does not hit the field running.

(1) Beckett was never replaced and only the brief appearance of Sammy Morrow did we see Improvement
    (3) Paddy McCourt, a real gem when fit and playing but all too often Injured DCFC need him fit and scoring or creating at least one goal a game, a player of his ability should and could do this!
    (4) Mark Farren not hitting the onion bag but he will probably come god again, he was trying too hard

So If Derry can sort these things out, they can do well Irrespective of Kenny, yet this year Oman has to be replaced and that will not be an easy job.
    Keep digging buddy, keep digging, or are you in as for as you can get

garyderry

you on drugs or something ?????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Alan Reynolds and Decky Devine Thart will really improve the back room team I see he done a great job with Dungfermline Look how there results have improved under the new regieme Youll be needing the drugs Kid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alan Reynolds and Decky Devine Thart will really improve the back room team I see he done a great job with Dungfermline Look how there results have improved under the new regieme Youll be needing the drugs Kid

WUM
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Did anyone ever tell ye you are full of ****e!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cool

Time will tell, Im sure you will come back to me If Im wrong, lets give It a season before we come to any conclusions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Time will tell, Im sure you will come back to me If Im wrong, lets give It a season before we come to any conclusions!
    Your wrong

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cool

He was just lucky this year, coz of all the misfortune of the teams around Derry. The main progress made by Derry this year was having a regular gooalkeeper, Farren scoring the goals, the comeback of Morrow, the handy points with victories over Harps who have a crap manager and most importantly the emergence of McGinn who more than filled Paddys boots, one reason being he played week in week out unlike McCourt. Kenny will be found out next year!
    Reynolds going might work in your favour he is a muppet!
    PS I have too say you should have won the cup.
    Last edited by cestlavie; 21/12/2008 at 5:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    He was just lucky this year, coz of all the misfortune of the teams around Derry. The main progress made by Derry this year was having a regular gooalkeeper, Farren scoring the goals, the comeback of Morrow, the handy points with victories over Harps who have a crap manager and most importantly the emergence of McGinn who more than filled Paddys boots, one reason being he played week in week out unlike McCourt. Kenny will be found out next year!
    Reynolds going might work in your favour he is a muppet!
    PS I have too say you should have won the cup.
    Want salt and vinegar with that rather large chip

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wink

You should give it to all your fellow Derry fans who attacked the character of your striker re: national flag during National anthem debate.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345