Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League Division 1

BobbyBoy

Munster Senior League Division 1

See if we can get something going!

BobbyBoy
    Anybody have any input about the 1st divison?? some decent teams in it, and some very promising players too. Lots of young teams and its very competitive!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Who's looking good to go up BobbyBoy? Mayfield were very unlucky to go down last year, I thought they looked like title contenders for a while but they just fell apart. Have they managed to hang on to the bulk of their players?

Leeds will be there or there abouts too no doubt.

What's the story with Ballincollig? They seem to have come out of nowhere this year. Who have they got playing for them these days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne View Post
    Who's looking good to go up BobbyBoy? Mayfield were very unlucky to go down last year, I thought they looked like title contenders for a while but they just fell apart. Have they managed to hang on to the bulk of their players?

Leeds will be there or there abouts too no doubt.

What's the story with Ballincollig? They seem to have come out of nowhere this year. Who have they got playing for them these days?
    From what i can gather the team to watch will be St.Marys,will come down to them and ballincollig,i cant see leeds getting up this year,i know they are second in the table but they dont seem to have that killer instinct about them,i think that because they failed to get up last year this will have a big effect on them come they end of the season as sir alex would say squeaky bum time and they just dont seem to keep there heads at that crucial time more interested in trying to bully a win out of teams instead of playing to they're strenghts,imo
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    From what i can gather the team to watch will be St.Marys,will come down to them and ballincollig,i cant see leeds getting up this year,i know they are second in the table but they dont seem to have that killer instinct about them,i think that because they failed to get up last year this will have a big effect on them come they end of the season as sir alex would say squeaky bum time and they just dont seem to keep there heads at that crucial time more interested in trying to bully a win out of teams instead of playing to they're strenghts,imo

will be 2 of ballincollig, st. marys and leeds!
    it's a competive league this year which should stand to any team thats goes up! ballincollig are a good footballing side along with leeds and mayfield, st mary's are the team that try to bully teams to a win gee wiz but they are a quick team that catch teams on the break, not sure if u have seen any games in the frst division this year!

BobbyBoy
    Well i do agree about Mary's, they are a strong side but not the best football wise. Ballincollig are very young indeed average age cant be more than 22 with most of them less than that. Mayfield lost alot of the players they had last year such as Cummins and the Micky and Robbie D. But they still have the bulk of the players that got them promoted 2 years ago.

Not sure about leeds to be honest have seen them play and i'm not overly impressed. Although they are doing well in the table. There are alot of teams out there that will give teams trouble the like of Mallow and Femoy will take points off these top teams as will Tramore.

If Ballincollig keep going this way its hard to see them not going up but i do believe that its wide open after this!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ya mayfield lost a few from last year but have signed 1 or 2 good players in the last week r so steph hurley has signed back from rockmount and i know a young fella from tipp has signed but i heard he broke his leg in his first game playing 4 the junior team senior had no game and want 2 c him play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda01 View Post
    will be 2 of ballincollig, st. marys and leeds!
    it's a competive league this year which should stand to any team thats goes up! ballincollig are a good footballing side along with leeds and mayfield, st mary's are the team that try to bully teams to a win gee wiz but they are a quick team that catch teams on the break, not sure if u have seen any games in the frst division this year!
    Only my opinion have played against them 3 or 4 times in the last year and felt if the game was going against them they resorted to bullying a result out of teams or maybe it was just our team
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    Only my opinion have played against them 3 or 4 times in the last year and felt if the game was going against them they resorted to bullying a result out of teams or maybe it was just our team
    from what i've seen their a much different team this year gee wiz! (i watch a lot of msl games) they lost 4 players this year and it seems to suit their play better but thats only my opinion, i mightn't have a clue!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nice to hear that,havn't seen many 1st div games so i could only go on last year,nice to be proved wrong
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    happy christmas lads, have a good one
    p.s. no games for 2 weeks, god help us!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    lads moving to cork in february. looking for club. think id be able for munster senior league div1 have played premier football in tipp last few years. would there be much of a season left from february on. many league games left etc.
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    lads moving to cork in february. looking for club. think id be able for munster senior league div1 have played premier football in tipp last few years. would there be much of a season left from february on. many league games left etc.
    which part of cork ie city or county,would narrow down the options of teams available,if the weather gets anyway bad come january there would be a good few games left for all teams in all the divs,post where you are going to be living and all the lads on the forum will lend a hand in putting you on the right track
    Bake em away Toys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    will be living in blackpool but girlfriend is from hollyhill. so club anywhere around the city. wouldnt mind if there struggling or going well just as long as theres regular training and good chance of getting a game at the weekend.
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    castleview,templemount,leeds are all teams around your area
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    any results i know there was no games at the weekend the week b4 mayfield beat Tramore Ath 3-1 good game and a good result 4 mayfield also beat rockmount 1-0 in a friendly the weekend just gone

BobbyBoy
    Nope no games played, MSL called all games off on thursday i think.

Tramore Mayfield game was good alright, Tramore left too much to do because of the poor start. Stef Hurley was a good signing for ye in fairness. Think there is a full lot of matchs this week:

College Corinthians v Tramore Ath
    Fermoy v Ballincollig
    Mallow Utd v Ballinhassig
    Mayfield Utd v Ringmahon Ranger

But i cant see the Mallow game goin ahead with the rain recently!

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBoy View Post
    Nope no games played, MSL called all games off on thursday i think.

Tramore Mayfield game was good alright, Tramore left too much to do because of the poor start. Stef Hurley was a good signing for ye in fairness. Think there is a full lot of matchs this week:

College Corinthians v Tramore Ath
    Fermoy v Ballincollig
    Mallow Utd v Ballinhassig
    Mayfield Utd v Ringmahon Ranger

But i cant see the Mallow game goin ahead with the rain recently!

Lads
    Has anyone an up to date league table?
    Also
    Can anyone tell me anything about Fermoy? Are they strong and how are they doing this year?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    Lads
    Has anyone an up to date league table?
    Also
    Can anyone tell me anything about Fermoy? Are they strong and how are they doing this year?
    See my reply in other thread, table here

http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    was there any other first division played this weekend mayfield beat ringmahon 3-0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast