Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Slam Sunday (sic)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Didn't see Liverpool game.

Arsenal played lovely football at times throughout the game, not just on the counter in the second half. The first 30 minutes was impressive and would have opened up less organised teams than Chelsea. Chelsea's resonse to going a goal down was good but both teams were careless in their passing in the second half. Chelsea could have equalised but Arsenal should have made one of their counter attacks pay off.

Why can't they build the new Lansdowne Road in London?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair play Stutts good point and why cant they have red light districts in Killester but sure you win some and you lose some.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Didn't see Liverpool game.

Arsenal played lovely football at times throughout the game, not just on the counter in the second half
    Was at the game and Arsenal do play lovely football but their tendency on at least 5 occasions to walk the ball ino the net will cost them especially in Europe. Van Persie to be fair does not seem afraid to shoot. The Arsenal fans were getting very frustrated with this and Chelsea should/could have grapped an equaliser.

Didnt see all the pool/manu but it was typical fare between the two teams. Tevez right place right time and unmarked.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    i really hope we can sort something out with wes brown, hes quality imo. although im not sure anyone else here thinks the same!
    I agree. Didn't have a good game yesterday though. Perfect that we have a ready made successor to Gary Neville. If he is contract offer is less than what other top players are earning then he has a right to be annoyed imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Liverpool were dreadful and I was really disappointed in Torres' contribution. Gerrard? Didn't even notice he was playing until his persistence with 35 yard efforts. I thought Vidic, Anderson and Evra had good games but the overall quality as a spectacle was below par.

Arsenal played some nice stuff at times today and I am really surprised there wasn't a red card. How many yellows did the ref end up showing?
    Liverpool were poor, but Gerard was far from the worst. I accept he has major faults in his game, but going missing in big games is not one of them, at least not for Liverpool. I though he did ok yesterday overall, and his tackling was excellent, you have convientley failed to remember his two defensive tackles on Anderson in the first half and Rooney in the second. I can accept he can be a selfish and frustrating player sometimes, that people love to hate, but if Paul McGrath or Paulo Maldini made them challenges, they'd be considered world class challenges.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    but Gerard was far from the worst. I accept he has major faults in his game, but going missing in big games is not one of them
    To be honest, I thought that was exactly what he did yesterday.

Although, compared to Lampard in the later game, he had a masterful performance. Lampard barely touched the ball in the second half.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    To be honest, I thought that was exactly what he did yesterday.

Although, compared to Lampard in the later game, he had a masterful performance. Lampard barely touched the ball in the second half.
    And every other time he's played against Man Utd. For someone that's supposed to have a team built around him he doesn't do much.

Lampard is the most overrated player in the world. Granted he is an effective player when playing in a team that hoofs the ball up to a target man which gives him chances to run on to. However when Chelsea are without Drogba, like yesterday, they are effectively playing with ten men. I can think of about a dozen midfielders better than him in the Premiership.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12