Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    he cant even get wolves promoted, two lowest ever points tallys in a premiership...McCarthy is a cr*p manager...one win against saudi arabia in the world cup...persisted on playing harte and leaving out finnan!!
    Only one manager ever got Wolves promoted, and McCarthy has far less to spend than he does, as well as offloading most of their top players to cut the wage budget
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what are you on about? he signed about 6 players for wolves this season, he has more than a good enough squad to get promoted at wolves...and as for sunderland the second time he was there for 3 quarters of a season and amassed 9pts, he got the sack cos he was useless...buying crap like John Stead...donkey of a manager...he is a championship grafter manager at best!!
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    what are you on about? he signed about 6 players for wolves this season, he has more than a good enough squad to get promoted at wolves...and as for sunderland the second time he was there for 3 quarters of a season and amassed 9pts, he got the sack cos he was useless...buying crap like John Stead...donkey of a manager...he is a championship grafter manager at best!!
    Didn't you say 2 worst ever points totals?

After he got promotion (at a fraction of the budget Keane had in the Championship) he was given a budget of £10m for transfers and wages. He spent £3.3m on players. Roy Keane has spent £35m (10 times what McCarthy did!!) on players and got tonked 7-1 last weekend. Do you think he should be sacked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post

After he got promotion (at a fraction of the budget Keane had in the Championship) he was given a budget of £10m for transfers and wages. He spent £3.3m on players. Roy Keane has spent £35m (10 times what McCarthy did!!) on players and got tonked 7-1 last weekend. Do you think he should be sacked?

The perfect answer for all those red misted glasses
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I meant last season, look at the players he had to offload, compared to the players he brought in - Kightly was playing in the Conference! - and he still managed to get into the play offs.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Didnt he lose Lescott , Miller , Seol , Naylor , Cort and Oakes before he even started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I love the way when people try and defend McCarthty they somehow bring Keane into the equation....Its always the way. Keane's performance at Sunderland is irrelevant to the point being discussed.
    Its pathetic really.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we will see at the end of the season,.....but i guarantee Sunderland will stay up.. at least keano trys to play football....under McCarthy sunderland didnt have a full house for one match in the premiership due to his sickening style of football...he is statistcally (over a period of 20 or more games) the worst premiership manager of all time...next ireland manager,,,all the muppet leprechaun brigade are alive and well!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    we will see at the end of the season,.....but i guarantee Sunderland will stay up.. at least keano trys to play football....under McCarthy sunderland didnt have a full house for one match in the premiership due to his sickening style of football...he is statistcally (over a period of 20 or more games) the worst premiership manager of all time...next ireland manager,,,all the muppet leprechaun brigade are alive and well!!
    If they don't stay up after the amount of money they've spent then Keane will have been an unmitigated disaster and a total failure.

You're obvioulsy clueless mate, McCarthy always tried to play football (even with Ireland), Sunderland didn't have the players or budget to compete in the Premiership, that's why they didn't get the crowds. To say Keane has them playing a better style of football is laughable in the extreme.

As for the muppet leprachaun brigade, I guess it's only alright to dress up as a leprachaun when you're getting a nice wedge off walkers crisps to do it yeah?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chaps, we are tryng to move forward, not back.

So, NO to McCarthy, Kerr and Jack.

Keano for the job in 2012.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Ya fininshing ahead of the might of Lithuania and Iceland - he's a real Harry Houdini
    we had no squad of any quality or depth whatsoever for that campaign. it was barely better than the teams you mention. all of charltons players were either gone or were well past their time for that campaign. to oversee new young players come in and still manage to come within a very dubious belgium play-off winner of wc 98 was a major achievment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Drumcondra 69er;827240]If they don't stay up after the amount of money they've spent then Keane will have been an unmitigated disaster and a total failure

True

You're obvioulsy clueless mate, McCarthy always tried to play football (even with Ireland), Sunderland didn't have the players or budget to compete in the Premiership, that's why they didn't get the crowds. .?
    Never said he didnt play decent football with ireland!No mate your clueless, you obviously never witnessed McCarthys Sunderland in the premiership, and their drab dogged displays!!

To say Keane has them playing a better style of football is laughable in the extreme..?
    Again, turn off your charlton years dvd jimmy rabitte and actually watch a game...

As for the muppet leprachaun brigade, I guess it's only alright to dress up as a leprachaun when you're getting a nice wedge off walkers crisps to do it yeah?
    dont know why your bringing keane into it(saipan was nearly 6 years ago, get over it), obviously a sad ass liverpool fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    we had no squad of any quality or depth whatsoever for that campaign. it was barely better than the teams you mention. all of charltons players were either gone or were well past their time for that campaign. to oversee new young players come in and still manage to come within a very dubious belgium play-off winner of wc 98 was a major achievment
    We drew AT HOME with Iceland and Lithuania and LOST to Macedonia away.

Worldbeaters all of them.

We made the playoffs because everyone else in the group were too **** to finish second.

And dont get me started on Belgiums standing in World football since 1988.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    dont know why your bringing keane into it(saipan was nearly 6 years ago, get over it), obviously a sad ass liverpool fan
    Alot of die hard Liverpool fans idolise Roy Keane and still do.

And other ManUre players Denis Irwin, Paul McGrath, Kevin Moran.

PS (not John O'Sh1t though)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireland4ever View Post
    I love the way when people try and defend McCarthty they somehow bring Keane into the equation....Its always the way. Keane's performance at Sunderland is irrelevant to the point being discussed.
    Its pathetic really.
    It was the great mans fans who brought Roy the boys name into it no o0ne else.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Never said he didnt play decent football with ireland!No mate your clueless, you obviously never witnessed McCarthys Sunderland in the premiership, and their drab dogged displays!!

Again, turn off your charlton years dvd jimmy rabitte and actually watch a game...

Wrong on all counts mate and have you watched Sunderland play this season? You see last saturday's game?

The only reason I'm bringing Keane into it is that he's now the Sunderland manager, has had a much bigger budget, is still struggling and is therefore a valid comparison. Your arguments about McCarthy don't add up.

Liverpool fan?? Some of us follow Irish football mate rather then w#nking off at the gates of Anfield of the theatre of shi1te.
    Last edited by Drumcondra 69er; 28/11/2007 at 2:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just the highlights...did you see the newcastle game before that, as well as the city game before that? They try to keep the ball on the floor..not like Mick as a player and as a manager!! hee haw...donkey

I dont follow united or liverpool or anyone else bar ireland for that matter..might have guessed you were one of the self-righteous group of LOI fans. Do you want a blue peter badge?..ya hardly have a chip on your shoulder lad, hardly!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    It was the great mans fans who brought Roy the boys name into it no o0ne else.
    It was Drumcondra 69er who brought keane into this deabate, get your facts right mate.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    ...Liverpool fan?? Some of us follow Irish football mate rather then w#nking off at the gates of Anfield of the theatre of shi1te.
    Post of the month!

I'd probably defend McCarthy as much as anyone. He was doing alright for Ireland after a shaky start. He was unlucky to concede a goal in the last minute in Skopje. As for the other teams being too sh*te to finish second, Holland too sh*te? Croatia too sh*te? Yeah right. Somebody doesn't know what those teams had produced at the preceding competition finals.

However, like any manager you become stale in the one job, and I believe the World Cup was possibly McCarthy's summit. With hindsight he should have walked after Suwon. I wish he had too.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireland4ever View Post
    It was Drumcondra 69er who brought keane into this deabate, get your facts right mate.
    Think you'll find it was Lionel Hutz mate.

Only reason I mentioned him was, as current Sunderland manager, it's a valid comparison to make with McCarthy's tenure.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast