Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Montenegro Away - 10th September 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    By the way, for those of you who dont know the Euro is the "official" unit of currency in Montenegro. I made the mistake a few years back when I went there from Belgrade and I changed my euros into Dinar (Serbian currency) only for me to have to change it back to euros when I got to Montenegro

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi there!
    My name is Petar and I am from Montenegro.
    I just want to welcome you all to my beatifull country(I know it sounds like a phrase,but it is the fact).
    For all off you who do not have a place to stay while in Montenegro I think that you will be able to find private appartments in coastal area(Budva,Bar,Sutomore,Petrovac).Also you can go to northern(mountines) part of Montenegro.There should be free bads at Mountain resorts Kolašin and Mojkovac(it is about one and the half hour away from Podgorica by train or car).I can give you bus schedules from Budva-Podgorica and vice-versa...,Bar-Podgorica...,train schedules Bar(Sutomore)-Podgorica and vice versa.Just write what you want to know.
    I would not go around and harass people if I were you.It would most definetly end up badly on your behalf.
    Concerning match-we will beat you,off course.
    p.s.sorry for bad english.
    Cheers!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    GT looks like you and Babysis have a bed to stay in after all

I know how much ye like 3 in a bed!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Montenegrin View Post
    Hi there!
    My name is Petar and I am from Montenegro.
    I just want to welcome you all to my beatifull country(I know it sounds like a phrase,but it is the fact).
    For all off you who do not have a place to stay while in Montenegro I think that you will be able to find private appartments in coastal area(Budva,Bar,Sutomore,Petrovac).Also you can go to northern(mountines) part of Montenegro.There should be free bads at Mountain resorts Kolašin and Mojkovac(it is about one and the half hour away from Podgorica by train or car).I can give you bus schedules from Budva-Podgorica and vice-versa...,Bar-Podgorica...,train schedules Bar(Sutomore)-Podgorica and vice versa.Just write what you want to know.
    I would not go around and harass people if I were you.It would most definetly end up badly on your behalf.
    Concerning match-we will beat you,off course.
    p.s.sorry for bad english.
    Cheers!
    Welcome Petar I have a question, will there be enough beer in Podgorica for us!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Joe View Post
    Welcome Petar I have a question, will there be enough beer in Podgorica for us!!

Dont worry,there will be planty.If not there is allways votka,whisky,our domestic rakija(try it-ask for "loza")...
    p.s. I dont think that you will like Podgorica,southern and northern parts are beatifull parts of Montenegro.Central part(where Podgorica is situated) is ugly except old royal capital Cetinje which is 30 minutes by bus away from Podgorica.There is hotel Grand situated and I think that they have spare rooms so you can go there if you dont find anything in Podgorica.But it may be more expensive.All in all I think that Budva is the best choice for you.
    Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Do you know what price beer is in Podgorica?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Between a Euro and 1.50 a pint, depending on the place. Not everywhere has draft but many do.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Between a Euro and 1.50 a pint, depending on the place. Not everywhere has draft but many do.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodgenotPodge View Post

Thats about it.YOu should go to Hercegovacka street,most of the pubs are located there.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Someone might be able to help me. I am staying in Dubrovnik for a couple of days and then heading to Podgorica on the Tuesday, could someone advise me the best way to go. I heard that buses leave at 5 in the moring so would I be better off travelling to Budva and then on to Podgorica. If so does anyone have a useful website of train timetables or buses.

Need to have a plan as I leave on Sunday.
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    anybody else miss out on Neil's bus from Dubrovnik & looking to go to Podgorica & back on Weds?

I was going to hire a car but the v windy roads in the dark don't look too appealing.

If anybody is interested in sharing a taxi or minibus let me know.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMulv View Post
    Someone might be able to help me. I am staying in Dubrovnik for a couple of days and then heading to Podgorica on the Tuesday, could someone advise me the best way to go. I heard that buses leave at 5 in the moring so would I be better off travelling to Budva and then on to Podgorica. If so does anyone have a useful website of train timetables or buses.

Thanks

There is no train. There are numerous buses but they are designed for local use and tend to serve between local towns and you might have a few changes. I doubt you could find any reliable English language timetables. The best thing would be for a group to share the cost of a taxi. The drive isn't that difficult but I would not recommend the round trip from Dubrovnik in a day. All along I've been recommending people to use the Budva area as a base. Its a little over an hour, compared with the best part of 3 hours to Dubrovnik. A taxi from Budva to Podgorica can usually be negotiated at around €75-80 round trip but prices might be higher next week. From Dubrovnik I would reckon its quite a lot more. The car hire people at Dubrovnik airport are pretty enetrprising and at this time of year, very eager for business. Even if you don't want to self-drive, they might have suggestions.

From Dubrovnik it is actually better to go via Bosnia - up to Trebinje and then into Montenegro heading for Niksic. Really spectacular drive and the roads - and border crossings - are quieter. I came home that way yesterday and we made it from Podgorica to Cilipi Airport in about 2 hours 20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMulv View Post

Thanks
    havent been on foot.ie in ages and only organised our trip couple of weeks ago. there's 4 of us flying from Dublin to Dubrovnik tomorrow (09.55). Still have nothing organised on getting to Podgorica for the wednesday....

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Car Hire

Economy care hire http://www.economycarhire.com/ have a good list of hire companies with prices for a small MPV carrying 5 from E208 for 4 days (in our case from Wednesday morning until Sunday morning). There is no charge for a second driver and it's insured for theft and collision. Border crossings in the car are no problem if you pay about E10 when you hire the car, and for an extra E7 you get cover for wheel damage etc. Comes in at a very reasonable E50 per skull if you have 5 punters. Now to get a designated driver!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Wink plastic paddies

4 hours each way how awful is that. obviously The green army dont travel regularly from finn park to st colmans, or galway to bray on a friday, derry to cork or dublin to cobh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    1 place left on my bus from Dubrovnik to Pod leaving at 10am sharp morning of the game, pm if interested.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Neil, check your PMs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bring your shorts and shades, its scorching out here
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    4 hours each way how awful is that. obviously The green army dont travel regularly from finn park to st colmans, or galway to bray on a friday, derry to cork or dublin to cobh
    Much as we would love to, the relevance is ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Bear and Aido just after being interviwed on RTE news with the Foot.ie flag. One other as well but cant recall his username

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast