Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Montenegro Away - 10th September 2008

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I got an email back from Bradley at Katie O'Connors this morning, thats six of us booked in for the bus trip. Has anyone any idea what time the bus will be leaving Dubrovnik on the Wednesday, the earlier the better I say.
    Is that bus returning the same night as the game or the next day..is the 50euro one way or both ways. Did ya find out what time the bus leaves Dubrovnik at? Any advice!!?? Cheers!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanace View Post
    Is that bus returning the same night as the game or the next day..is the 50euro one way or both ways. Did ya find out what time the bus leaves Dubrovnik at? Any advice!!?? Cheers!!

Bus is definetly €50 return but nothing yet on times etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis View Post
    Are there many saying out in Budva, just want to see if there were going to be many Irish out there on the coast.
    That's my plan, I haven't booked anything yet though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads just inform you about the bus..its 8 hours journey on the day 4 there and 4 back..i for one cant stomach it so will be staying in budva as it will only be an hour max to podgorica
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We fly into Dubrovnik on the 7th at 11.45..is anyone trying to get from the airport to Budva. Seems like a pretty cool place to stay .thinking of staying there and going up for the game..if there was enough of us on the flight we could arrange a mini-bus

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I emailed Katie O'Robbery's pub over a week ago to tell him 48 - 50 Euro per person return from Dubrovnik is daylight robbery and that yet again an Irish bar abroad is ripping off the Irish people. No reply from them as yet funny enough. Told them I had got a quote from a local bus company which hired a 48 seater for 520 Euro, you do the maths, I think it's a bit more reasonable than what Katie O'Robberys is quoting. Anyhow, it is a shame as Citizen says, it is 4 hour bus journey each way... so I wouldn't fancy that trip especially at about 23:00 after a game. I am in the middle of getting quotes from a Mntenegrin company that the previous company recommended so will update...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    So what happened the company that offered you the 48 seater bus.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    So what happened the company that offered you the 48 seater bus.
    Well, we're not going with it cos we are staying in podgorica. We might stay in Budva one night. We would run bus from Budva but not from Dubrovnik as it is too long a journey. I can PM you or post up the details from the bus company as they were very good...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe View Post
    Well, we're not going with it cos we are staying in podgorica. We might stay in Budva one night. We would run bus from Budva but not from Dubrovnik as it is too long a journey. I can PM you or post up the details from the bus company as they were very good...

Send it on to me and i will get onto your man in the pub!! actually heading to Dubrovnik on Sunday week with the girlfriend for a weeks holidays!!

Have no bother going in and meeting this bradley chap. I work as a Q.S so i will get a few quotes and get the best deal if ye want me to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    Send it on to me and i will get onto your man in the pub!! actually heading to Dubrovnik on Sunday week with the girlfriend for a weeks holidays!!

Have no bother going in and meeting this bradley chap. I work as a Q.S so i will get a few quotes and get the best deal if ye want me to.
    Well the bradley chap in Katie O'Robbery's has already got an email from me stating his rip-off carry-on. He has chosen to ignore it. Feel free to go in to the pub and tell him to sort a better deal or yous will be organising your own bus and poaching his customers.....I told the company in Dubrovnik I would recommend him to other Ireland fans who would be looking for transport from Dubrovnik even though we are not using him now. His details are as follows.
    He is very good, knows we are not like England fans He was quoting 520 Euro for a 48 seater, works out about 10 euro per person. Excellent as this includes night driving, parking in Podgorica and ferry tickets across the Kotorska Bay. 4 hours each way, he is aware it is Ireland fans and is flexible with regards to picking up about noon or earlier and coming back at midnight if need be. You can tell him that I (Julie) had recommended his company.

Maro Carevic
    Managing Director
    Mediterranean Experience Ltd.
    Cira Carica 3, 20000 Dubrovnik
    tel: +385 20 436 846
    fax: +385 20 436 847
    mob: +385 91 2442 201
    e-mail: info@mediterranean-experience.hr
    www.mediterranean-experience.hr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well the bradley chap in Katie O'Robbery's has already got an email from me stating his rip-off carry-on. He has chosen to ignore it. Feel free to go in to the pub and tell him to sort a better deal or yous will be organising your own bus and poaching his customers.....I told the company in Dubrovnik I would recommend him to other Ireland fans who would be looking for transport from Dubrovnik even though we are not using him now. His details are as follows.
    He is very good, knows we are not like England fans He was quoting 520 Euro for a 48 seater, works out about 10 euro per person. Excellent as this includes night driving, parking in Podgorica and ferry tickets across the Kotorska Bay. 4 hours each way, he is aware it is Ireland fans and is flexible with regards to picking up about noon or earlier and coming back at midnight if need be. You can tell him that I (Julie) had recommended his company.

Maro Carevic
    Managing Director
    Mediterranean Experience Ltd.
    Cira Carica 3, 20000 Dubrovnik
    tel: +385 20 436 846
    fax: +385 20 436 847
    mob: +385 91 2442 201
    e-mail: info@mediterranean-experience.hr
    www.mediterranean-experience.hr

Will we try and get a crew organised for this bus and let Bradley go do one with his €50 a head
    If its true that he has three bus's for it then surely we could get 48 people off here and do it much cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Joe View Post
    Will we try and get a crew organised for this bus and let Bradley go do one with his €50 a head
    If its true that he has three bus's for it then surely we could get 48 people off here and do it much cheaper.
    His hole has he 3 buses full so far. And IF he has 3 buses full, I can't see people stumping up the money in advance. If he gets a few emails from fans saying 50 E is rip off and they are going with Maro, he'll soon change his tune. We were considering changing our accomodation recently to stay in Dubrovnik and run the bus from Maro, but when we found out it was a 4 hour journey each way, the thought of carting ourselves back on a 4 hour bus journey was not appealing. Basically, if someone is willing to take on the responsibility of it, I can forward all the emails i got from Maro's company. You would get 48 people on here no bother, even if you only got 30 people you're still looking at 17 E per person, much better than E 50. If it is anything like the San Marino bus we did, we ended up turning people away as we had loads of people asking us on the day as word spread. Arrange to meet as many people as possible in Dublin/at Serbia game to pay for bus tickets in advance, so you are not running around collecting money on the day and at least you have cost covered. PM me if anyone wants to do it and I'll email you all the emails from Maro.
    Just make sure people know it is a 4 hour journey each way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Guys can I suggest we also boycott the bar as well as the bus.

I'm fed up of people trying to ripoff our fans (most of them are Irish too). I've never been to Dubrovnik but I bet the local bars are much cheaper than this guy's bar too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    didnt get a chance to email him yesterday, up to my tits here in work. lads will do a bit of donkey work when im out ther on holidays on sunday week!! give ye a run down on the pubs and clubs. i will also meet this bradley guy and will defo sort things out with Marco if the buses are going to be this cheap!!

send me on what details of what ye have and i will get in contact with him when im out there and we can do some sort of a deal!!

if i book the bus we will setup a topic here and give foot.ie posters first shout on the seats!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Good man gspain, glad someone else is seeing it too. Anyone who is willing to pay 50 Euro to some money grabbing git deserves to be ripped off. These people annoy me too. That's why when we got the great quote from Maro's company we were planning to change our accomodation to Dubrovnik and runa bus from there as a 48 seater worked out at 10 euro each! We were up for it until we found out about the 4 hour journey each way.
    Just shows you that Bradley did not reply to my email saying I was disappointed that yet again Irish bars abroad were ripping off their own people. He didn't even get back to me to suggest a lower price. I agree with gspain, boycott the bar ( there will always be some that go to it though), local bars are better fun and cheaper. Boycott the bar AND poach his bus customers
    Maro said he can offer 2 buses if demand is there, I tried to get him down in price even more but he wasn't budging and in fairness it is a great price, especially if you fill the bus(es), which i believe you will. Put a poster up in a few bars the night before the game if you have spare seats saying what pub the bus is leaving from. I will email Maro and say that you might be dropping in Scientist in a week or so??
    From the bus running in San Marino, I would recommend it, it was great fun, we had cd's playing and it was a laugh. If I had booked for Dubrovnik, I'd be doing it. Might yet run a bus from Budva and stay one night there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good man gspain, glad someone else is seeing it too. Anyone who is willing to pay 50 Euro to some money grabbing git deserves to be ripped off. These people annoy me too. That's why when we got the great quote from Maro's company we were planning to change our accomodation to Dubrovnik and runa bus from there as a 48 seater worked out at 10 euro each! We were up for it until we found out about the 4 hour journey each way.
    Just shows you that Bradley did not reply to my email saying I was disappointed that yet again Irish bars abroad were ripping off their own people. He didn't even get back to me to suggest a lower price. I agree with gspain, boycott the bar ( there will always be some that go to it though), local bars are better fun and cheaper. Boycott the bar AND poach his bus customers
    Maro said he can offer 2 buses if demand is there, I tried to get him down in price even more but he wasn't budging and in fairness it is a great price, especially if you fill the bus(es), which i believe you will. Put a poster up in a few bars the night before the game if you have spare seats saying what pub the bus is leaving from. I will email Maro and say that you might be dropping in Scientist in a week or so??
    From the bus running in San Marino, I would recommend it, it was great fun, we had cd's playing and it was a laugh. If I had booked for Dubrovnik, I'd be doing it. Might yet run a bus from Budva and stay one night there.
    GT I'm beginning to think you are a frustrated "Clippie"
    Last edited by Sligo Hornet; 24/07/2008 at 6:59 AM.
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    now now sligo hornet!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Guys can I suggest we also boycott the bar as well as the bus.

I'm fed up of people trying to ripoff our fans (most of them are Irish too). I've never been to Dubrovnik but I bet the local bars are much cheaper than this guy's bar too.
    This has been going on for years. I swerve big time from any Irish pubs. They were cooool about 89 but once they marketed themselves as bare-faced rip off kips I tend to avoid them. During Ireland games they tend to work on w*nkers the way magnets work on iron filings.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez View Post
    This has been going on for years. I swerve big time from any Irish pubs. They were cooool about 89 but once they marketed themselves as bare-faced rip off kips I tend to avoid them. During Ireland games they tend to work on w*nkers the way magnets work on iron filings.
    Love that line Lopez!!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads I am heading to Dubrovnik the day of the game so I will not be coming back from Montenegro and I am staying there for a few days, otherwise I would go an organise the bus with this lad. But What I am going to do is e mail him and express my interest.

I am with GSpain and Green Tribe and we should avoid the Irish Bar. I have been in Dubrovnik. No need to go any where near the Irish Bars there.

To be honest I will probably take it easy at that stage and just enjoy some sunshine and some nice meals etc.

Can we get a list going for this guy and then we can e mail him with a a good lot of names rather than mailing in Dribs.

I can put down

Neil +3
    In Trap we trust

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast