Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Italy Away - 1st April 2009

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    the scots always bring a big away support yet their match away to italy in the euros was in bari i think
    It can hold almost 60,000. I'd imagine the Scots would not be the greatest attraction footballwise in Italy, so it would probably do the job. They did play them in Milan the previous qualifying campaign though.
    They say what about the meek?
    I say they’ve got a bloody cheek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Milan Milan!!!!!!

Gotta be SAN SIRO, the only real football stadium, ie no track, with capacity above 40,000.Imagine the noise of 30,000+ paddies in such an arena.Was there for Celtic game in March, 12,000 Bhoys had the place jumpin', buzz in @Duomo unreal, bring it on..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    I was at San Siro in February and they had one turnstile that was working.
    Wasn't that for a game being played behind closed doors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    I was at San Siro in February and they had one turnstile that was working.
    I was at the San Siro in February and they had none turnstiles that were working as they had called off all the fixtures.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    It was the weekend before the San Marino game that all the trouble took place. Games the weekend after the game were behind closed doors alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    would rather Rome, to be honest...Milan is a dump of the highest order!!
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dump?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    would rather Rome, to be honest...Milan is a dump of the highest order!!
    The atmosphere at the Olimpico isn't a patch on San Siro, as for Milan itself, a dump?....no chance.Granted its no Paris, Rome or Cork, but the old town area around Duomo is stunning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm thinking with the current troubles over there, that the Italian officials may actually be strict and enforce the no away fans in the home end rule. If that's the case it may be hell trying to get tickets with 30,000 plastics there.
    sorry if this has already been mentioned
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    I'm thinking with the current troubles over there, that the Italian officials may actually be strict and enforce the no away fans in the home end rule. If that's the case it may be hell trying to get tickets with 30,000 plastics there.
    we need to petition the fai to get some sort of away fan bonus scheme going, whereby whoever has the most away game tickets from the last campaign gets priority. though of course that is open to abuse too by people who buy tickets and sell them on (to travel agents etc). still, better than what we got at the minute.
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    we need to petition the fai to get some sort of away fan bonus scheme going, whereby whoever has the most away game tickets from the last campaign gets priority. though of course that is open to abuse too by people who buy tickets and sell them on (to travel agents etc). still, better than what we got at the minute.
    yeah thats a definate. Ive only started going to away games in last 4 years and dont go to them all. but i know of people who dont even go to home games gettin tickets for Germany!!! Paid over €100 for mine off a german

Is there really a draw for the away tickets do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly
    Considering other fans have had to take the pis literally - at Italian grounds in recent years, that's actually a good, common sense policy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well if it's in Naples beware folks. The airport makes Dublin look like the most efficient one in the world. Landed there last year for a holiday on a plane and there was no one on the passport control desk for the EU countries. There were two Ukranians on the plane I was on which was from Prague and mainly full of Czechs and Slovaks... the Ukranians breezed through no bother. Half an hour later they decided to put someone on the EU gate we were ushered through it was 45 minutes by the time I got through to baggage reclaim and there were insufficient trolleys left . The terminal buildings are way too small for one. And leaving on the way back you had to check in at the arrivals building and then do the security end of the process in the departure lounge.
    People may criticize the queues in Dublin but at least there's enough floor space in which to queue. When I arrived in Naples half our planeload were out on the tarmac in 35 degrees of heat!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    Well if it's in Naples beware folks. The airport makes Dublin look like the most efficient one in the world. Landed there last year for a holiday on a plane and there was no one on the passport control desk for the EU countries. There were two Ukranians on the plane I was on which was from Prague and mainly full of Czechs and Slovaks... the Ukranians breezed through no bother. Half an hour later they decided to put someone on the EU gate we were ushered through it was 45 minutes by the time I got through to baggage reclaim and there were insufficient trolleys left . The terminal buildings are way too small for one. And leaving on the way back you had to check in at the arrivals building and then do the security end of the process in the departure lounge.
    People may criticize the queues in Dublin but at least there's enough floor space in which to queue. When I arrived in Naples half our planeload were out on the tarmac in 35 degrees of heat!
    rome - train may be the best route in that case.
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just dont wear a jersey and there should be no problems. Was at Man Utd V West Ham game at the end of last season and there was definetly West Ham fans sitting around me. They just couldnt shout.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    If that's the case it may be hell trying to get tickets with 30,000 plastics there.

Plastic what ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Desyf View Post
    Plastic what ?
    The fans who go to the old one match a campaign to the place thah is most attractive for a nice holiday
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viagogo View Post
    Just dont wear a jersey and there should be no problems. Was at Man Utd V West Ham game at the end of last season and there was definetly West Ham fans sitting around me. They just couldnt shout.
    What has that got to do with Ireland playing in Italy??
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo_Bhoy View Post
    What has that got to do with Ireland playing in Italy??
    Someone said a quote that Italy might ban away support. If you dont wear your jersey you should get in. Its not rocket science, think im speaking English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viagogo View Post
    Someone said a quote that Italy might ban away support. If you dont wear your jersey you should get in. Its not rocket science, think im speaking English.
    i think the italian football authorities and police are a little more sophisticated than this. they have rules about names having to be on tickets, no bulk buying of tickets etc and in their case they actually seem to be strictly enforcing it. however, the segregation etc at the ac milan vs celtic match last week didnt appear to be too strict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hope it is in Milan. A great city. Was over two years ago for a Champions League match between AC Milan and Bayern Munich. The Italians were all inside the ground 2 hours before kick-off signing their heads off, while 4 Irishmen (ie us) were drinking with a load of Germans in a pub at the back of the San siro.

Milan is a great footballing city and the Duomo would make an ideal meeting place/centre of activities for the Irish. Locals are very friendly and helpful too.
    The Finn Harps Story by Bartley Ramsay now available to purchase from www.finnharps.com.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast