Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulgaria Away - 6th June 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We are staying in the Radisson. there's an irish bar in it too.
    Last edited by SuperDub; 02/03/2009 at 9:46 PM.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    we got an apartment not far from the radisson, seems a good spot. There's a bar just below the apartment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumpi View Post
    190 quid from heathrow with BA. not bad, but the flight back is at 6:45am on the sunday.
    That's the thing I woulda bought this ticket but I don't think I could handle going straight to the airport from the session. Probably just stay another night & come home the Monday. Ars.
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colie View Post
    That's the thing I woulda bought this ticket but I don't think I could handle going straight to the airport from the session. Probably just stay another night & come home the Monday. Ars.
    Easyjet have a flight back to Gatwick at 12.15, slightly more sensible time to be heading home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Our crew are on the BA flights, but we return at a sensible 14.40 on the Sunday....BA 0891
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Anybody have an idea of what the kick off time will be?? Afternoon or evening?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Anybody have an idea of what the kick off time will be?? Afternoon or evening?
    Their match against Italy, which is the only home match they have played to date, was on a Saturday and it was a night time (21.15local time) kick off. They are 2 hours ahead of Irish time and 1 hour ahead of Italian time .
    AidoM

Starting on the long pilgrimage to South Africa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it's BA, so i'll be more than a little annoyed if they don't serve me a beer at that time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Hornet View Post
    Our crew are on the BA flights, but we return at a sensible 14.40 on the Sunday....BA 0891
    Ditto SH,

Me da doesn't do 6am flights anymore......
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    What's the outlook for match tickets? Is there going to be a huge demand for them?

Haven't booked and can't book anything yet, but will try and team it with some time in Romania beforehand. I've found a offer with a reliable airline at a good price, although I expect it to go up this week, with the airport tax kicking in.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    What's the outlook for match tickets? Is there going to be a huge demand for them?
    I'd say demand will be pretty high considering its a June game and the current state of the group.

The Italy game was played in the Vasil Levski National Stadium which holds just over 46,000. They got about 40,000 in for that one. I dont know what percentage of the capacity we are entitled to but im hoping we get a good 4,500 to 5,000 otherwise its going to be tight for tickets. The stadium looks ok and its pretty central, so thats good.
    Last edited by reder; 02/04/2009 at 8:45 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    anyone made plans to stay at a resort close to Sofia and travelling up to game? was looking into Sunny Beach but im not even sure if its the closest/best one to go for. anyone find any nice package deals?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    whats the one where all the swedes and scandanavians go to?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northerncelt View Post
    anyone made plans to stay at a resort close to Sofia and travelling up to game? was looking into Sunny Beach but im not even sure if its the closest/best one to go for. anyone find any nice package deals?
    Sunny Beach is about 225 miles from Sofia. Air Bulgaria have flights from Bourgas airport to Sofia. We booked some time ago to come up early (0540) on the Saturday, morning of the game, with Air Bulgaria for about £95stg.

Packages hols to the Black Sea resorts use Bourgas and Varna airports so you would have to go up and down to Sofia. We booked Heathrow to Bourgas on 31 May, Bourgas to Sofia on 6 June, Sofia to Heathrow on 7 June, for £345.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    Sunny Beach is about 225 miles from Sofia. Air Bulgaria have flights from Bourgas airport to Sofia. We booked some time ago to come up early (0540) on the Saturday, morning of the game, with Air Bulgaria for about £95stg.

Packages hols to the Black Sea resorts use Bourgas and Varna airports so you would have to go up and down to Sofia. We booked Heathrow to Bourgas on 31 May, Bourgas to Sofia on 6 June, Sofia to Heathrow on 7 June, for £345.
    cheers for that.... this has potential to be an unreal trip the more i think of it. must get the ball rolling soon.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post

Those flights from Bourgas are gone expensive now, only business class left. Varna is an option for anyone in Sunny Beach but its about €50-€70in a taxi to the airport and a journey of an hour and a half maybe.
    The trains are sh*te and I dont fancy driving the journey to Sofia.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I can't wait for this trip. We're flying from Shannon to Heathrow on the Thursday evening, staying in a hotel near Heathrow that night, flying Heathrow to Sofia on Friday morning and coming back on the Sunday on the same route.

We're staying in the radisson too, two of us in a superior room with breakfast included for 2 nights for €270. Well worth it, I hope.

This is Irelands biggest game since the world cup in 2002, no doubt about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I can't wait for this trip. We're flying from Shannon to Heathrow on the Thursday evening, staying in a hotel near Heathrow that night, flying Heathrow to Sofia on Friday morning and coming back on the Sunday on the same route.

We're staying in the radisson too, two of us in a superior room with breakfast included for 2 nights for €270. Well worth it, I hope.

This is Irelands biggest game since the world cup in 2002, no doubt about it.
    you're on the same flight as me then. bari was amazing so am looking forward to this even more now. haven't booked hotel yet, as am waiting to see whether i'm going out alone or not.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Mate of mine works for a company with offices in Sofia and the people there recommended staying in Hotel Sveta Sofia (http://www.svetasofia-alexanders.com..._en/index.html) for the match.

The usual rate is €100 a night for standard twin room but as one of the lads got it cheaper through a travel website I contacted them directly and offered them the same rate without going through the middle man. They came back and actually bettered that rate without looking for the pre payment which was necessary using the travel website.They said there's already about 35 Irish (rooms or people, not sure) booked in for the weekend so should be good craic too.

If anyone else is interested in taking advantage the discount rate is €70 per twin room per night and you can PM me for details of who to contact.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Me and a few of the lads booked ourselves into the Radisson. How many Irish do people reckon will travel over?

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast