Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Bulgaria Away - 6th June 2009

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JT,New'09 View Post
    Has anyone booked Cyprus Trip. Im looking to book the Thursday 3rd of Sept to Sunday 6th. Were would everyone be staying ?? ayna napa??? If anyone has any flight details that would suit can you forward them on please??
    In fairness, there's a whole thread on that game!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In fairness, there's a whole thread on that game!
    sorry hadnt seen it

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    JT, yer a great Irish dancer btw. I was going to get up and join you, but i didnt want to outdo you after your display
    Jesus dont remind me , that was the stella !!
    At one stage i was sitting at the table and there were fellas up in the tree !!
    Remember the woman next door throwing potatoes and flower plants over at us !!! i said to myself ....... whats next !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colie View Post
    ....hit some retro club on Saturday. They only played music from 1992 & before! Gas....
    Good place alright. Was in there both Friday and Saturday. No hassle. good music and beer was reasonable, altohugh they hiked it a bit on Saturday night. One of the birds behind the bar was mental. Was surprised there werent more Irish fans in there, especially as most of the bars on that main drag closed early.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Aye great trip.

Does the quality of the trip vary inversely with the number of leprechauns on it?

We were in the Arena di Serdica, Paulie was the only other foot.ie head I spot in there. We were upgraded to the penhouse suite on the first night. We unfurled the massive tricolour and next thing the peelers landed and told us to take it down.

Went to get a meal after the game and next thing a round of drink arrived down, without any order from us. The Bulgarian supporters in the restaurant just kept ordering us drink. Great stuff altogether.

Anyone else go to the Military History Museum. You could climb all over tanks, MiG fighters and all the rest. Great stuff, including finding a Skoda tank!

Sligo Hornet, myself and One Red Army were the row in front of you on the BA flight on the way home.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Aye great trip.

Does the quality of the trip vary inversely with the number of leprechauns on it?

We were in the Arena di Serdica, Paulie was the only other foot.ie head I spot in there. We were upgraded to the penhouse suite on the first night. We unfurled the massive tricolour and next thing the peelers landed and told us to take it down.

Went to get a meal after the game and next thing a round of drink arrived down, without any order from us. The Bulgarian supporters in the restaurant just kept ordering us drink. Great stuff altogether.

Anyone else go to the Military History Museum. You could climb all over tanks, MiG fighters and all the rest. Great stuff, including finding a Skoda tank!

Sligo Hornet, myself and One Red Army were the row in front of you on the BA flight on the way home.
    Sorry didn't realise........mind you, our energy levels were not conducive to convivial conversation
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

reder
    We were in the Arena di Serdica, Paulie was the only other foot.ie head I spot in there.
    We were in there as well for Friday and Saturday night. Nice hotel but as I am a light sleeper the nightclub next door drove me mad.

Great trip all round, nice spot, nice people. The lad I travel with got pulled over for suspected swine flu on arrival in Sofia. He had to go into a room and do swab tests.

Roll on Cyprus.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    We were in there as well for Friday and Saturday night. Nice hotel but as I am a light sleeper the nightclub next door drove me mad.

Great trip all round, nice spot, nice people. The lad I travel with got pulled over for suspected swine flu on arrival in Sofia. He had to go into a room and do swab tests.

Roll on Cyprus.
    Hi was asked to post this on behalf of a friend. If anyone has any info can you pm me thanks

[FONT=Tms Rmn]Huge Green/White/Orange flag with FAIreland written on it with white stars. The one that was pinned to the large monument at the back of the bars in the Park before goin into the stadium. Last seen goin up to the back of the irish stands before kick-off before the Irish National Anthem one our our own stroked it! Award offered.
    [/FONT]

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Ah ya i nearly fell on me head pulling that thing down for "JTs mate" from that monument

Hope she finds it.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by JT,New'09 View Post
    Huge Green/White/Orange flag with FAIreland written on it with white stars. The one that was pinned to the large monument at the back of the bars in the Park before goin into the stadium. Last seen goin up to the back of the irish stands before kick-off before the Irish National Anthem one our our own stroked it! Award offered.
    Terrible that. Some right tools in the away section on Sat obviously. The people in the rows behind us starting arguing over sitting down at the start of the game. Stupid carry on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i dont think i have ever been so drunk in all my life!!

Thursday night, just got locked in macs till police came!

in jj's on friday night dancing on the tables!! then went out to the student place!! unreal!!

sat night, i cant remember

sunday night we visited one of those strip joints.... enough said!!

monday night, just stayed in macs and was up then a 4 for the 3 flights home!!

voice is gone and meet loads of lads of foot.ie and YBIG

im after getting serious abuse thou after my interview with the star newspaper on thursday!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder
    Terrible that. Some right tools in the away section on Sat obviously. The people in the rows behind us starting arguing over sitting down at the start of the game. Stupid carry on.
    They weren't asked to sit down. They were asked to stop standing on the seats so that those behind them could see the game. Nothing against standing in the row, but on the seats is not acceptable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We were in the Arena di Serdica, Paulie was the only other foot.ie head I spot in there.
    Nice hotel alright. Did you make it into the nightclub next door at any stage? We had some craic in that spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Aye,

That was myself, me da, his mate and OneRedArmy drinking beside youse on the Thursday night.

The outside bit was grand, but jeesus the music inside was loud.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Aye,

That was myself, me da, his mate and OneRedArmy drinking beside youse on the Thursday night.

Was that Sin City, the turbo folk place? In there Thursday night too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Naw,

Gramphone.

Just up the road from Club Libido. Where we were told "anything is possible".

Or as me da said when he misheard the pimp offering sex or a taxi "Sex in a taxi, sure why would ye pay for that?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Naw,

Gramphone.

Or as me da said when he misheard the pimp offering sex or a taxi "Sex in a taxi, sure why would ye pay for that?"
    Easy mistake to make considering the rates some of those taxi drivers were trying to charge!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It was loud alright but it was great craic inside. Anyway, any place where there are gorgeous women dancing on the bar is fine with me.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Naw,

Gramphone.

she said "ye"
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    It was loud alright but it was great craic inside. Anyway, any place where there are gorgeous women dancing on the bar is fine with me.
    was that the place beside the radisson with the women in red skirts right up to the very top...?! Couldn't hear anything in that place!!! That place was class, and if it is its where the bouncer said to us "no english" and i was like what?! "we're irish" "no irish", then the other fella beside was still focusing on the no english part and remonstrating that we are not english and nothing like them we are irish

just thinking, i remember the barmaid in that place couldnt really understand me, (yes neil ive had that problem a lot!) and so when i asked her "what time does it close" she shrugs her arms, i said "sorry eh, dont think you understand me, -pointed at the watch - what time do you close?!" she shrugs again, finally i said, "listen i dont think you understand me i want to know how long i can drink for before it closes", which i thought it might be more difficult to understand but still said it, and then she goes " i dont think you understand, it doesn't close, its when the last person leaves!" in my element i was, and i said i think you might regret that with a big smile....i was the one who did i couldn't keep going at 6.30 it was sleepy time from a long long day. tis a pity cos if i had someone else there with me keeping me going i would have.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 11/06/2009 at 5:52 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849