Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: New CPO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New CPO?

Just seen an ad in the Champion, for a Club Promotions Officer for the 2008 season, for Rovers.

Does this mean Sinéad Fraher has left?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Just seen an ad in the Champion, for a Club Promotions Officer for the 2008 season, for Rovers.

Does this mean Sinéad Fraher has left?
    I'd imagine so yes. Thank feck!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was the CPO not appointed by the FAI in the first place? Is it rovers job to go looking for a new one?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Good to see the position advertised locally as it's only someone that has some kind of bond with the club that will be capable of doing the type of job the position demands. The person has to have sligo rovers flowing through their vains. There's loads of such people that contribute to this forum. So I suggest some of you guys should give this serious thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead View Post
    Was the CPO not appointed by the FAI in the first place? Is it rovers job to go looking for a new one?
    When it was introduced I know the FAI had advertised it through the national papers. But it was up to each club who they appointed afaik. FAI don't pay all the wages of CPO, just a contribution afaik
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    So I suggest some of you guys should give this serious thought.
    Haven't seen the paper but just curious, what's the minimum requirements advertised for the job itself?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The person has to have sligo rovers flowing through their vains. There's loads of such people that contribute to this forum. So I suggest some of you guys should give this serious thought.
    Having knowledge of the club helps but previous experience and track record is far more important. I doubt many here have that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    To be fair I dont think a knowledge of the club should be a main factor. Definitely need a knowledge of football as well as be an influencer and someone who can deal with lots of different personality types. Dont for one minute think that a CPO has a cushy job. Like all work its hard! You have the added disadvantage of people publicly criticsising you without having a clue about the full facts so a thick skin is also required. You also need to be able to seperate the ''glamour'' of working for a football club from just doing the job that your given. All in all the type of person who gets that job will find it very very tough so a strong personality is required. As some of you may know I work with UCD so I am probably biased towards this job but if youre looking for a carreer in footy you could do worse! Just dont approach it like its still your hobby otherwise youre snookered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Gutted that Sinead is gone coz given a chance I think she would have been a major asset to Sligo. C'est la vie.

For those of you interested in the job it is also advertised on the FAI site. Here's the link for the lazy among you who shouldnt get the job.

http://www.candidatemanager.net/CM/M...aZiViSgtY%253d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Gutted that Sinead is gone coz given a chance I think she would have been a major asset to Sligo.

well she was here for over a year and i hate to say it because i know she worked behind the scenes, but she was just not good enough. she didnt expose herself enough to the public..although she could get arrested for that ()

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead View Post
    Having knowledge of the club helps but previous experience and track record is far more important. I doubt many here have that
    Very difficult having experience in a position only created less than one year ago

I still feel someone that has a bond/connection with the club will be liable to do a far better job than someone that comes in with it's just a job attitude. Unfortunately the job has more to do with the wheeling and dealing of the FAI than it does for the club. I think for that reason alone SF was seen by most as not producing the goods. Realistically I don't think anyone can be answerable to two managers and that's what is expected with the CPO position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Very difficult having experience in a position only created less than one year ago
    i'm sure he means previous experience in marketing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    No way is the job to do with "wheeling and dealing of the FAI". The FAI offers, through Noel Mooney and other people, support, training and resources for the CPO's to do their jobs with the club. The job is for the Club. Having been to most of the meetings this year I know the things that have been happening in the CPO's jobs and the impact they have been making.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Promoting the club is huge taask and for this reason I think whoever gets the job should try and form a committee to assist with promotions.The trust helped out for promoting the Bray game last time round and it would have definitely have been too much for one person.So I would volunteer my time to assist any new promotions officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I would like to see Nicky B. have a go at this. He did a pretty good job a few years back as commerical manager. I dont know if he has the time now with Jako.
    But he knows the club, the business community, etc. And above all he loves the club.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer View Post
    I would like to see Nicky B. have a go at this. He did a pretty good job a few years back as commerical manager. I dont know if he has the time now with Jako.
    But he knows the club, the business community, etc. And above all he loves the club.
    It's never fair to name names on a public forum but now that you have Redzer all I'll say you've got to be joking on all points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It's never fair to name names on a public forum
    why not? we name players were linked to, and we give suggestions on players we should sign, why not give suggestions on the non-playing staff??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    It's never fair to name names on a public forum but now that you have Redzer all I'll say you've got to be joking on all points.
    You must know more than me. I havn't heard anything bad about the man. I was just putting forward a local person who I thought could do the job.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    bye bye Sinead

Spoke to her once on one of my visits to the showgrounds this season - seemed like a lovely girl

You wont find a nicer looking CPO - if you do attendences would soar

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoc View Post
    bye bye Sinead

Spoke to her once on one of my visits to the showgrounds this season - seemed like a lovely girl

You wont find a nicer looking CPO - if you do attendences would soar

Has to go down as the worst post ever to this forum.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has anyone any idea what kind of salary the role pays? This will dictate significantly the calibre of person Rovers can attract.