Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoke bombs flares etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Just since this has been brought up. Just wondering what kind of fines clubs received this year for flares and smokebombs and how often?

There seemed to be a lot more pyro this year then any year from different clubs so just wondering have the Fai gone easier or are clubs getting fined every-time?

I know Dundalk got that huge €3,000 fine but other then that?

Did Athlone get fined for all their pyro towards the end of the season?
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    We got fined bosco for the flares goin off in second leg v Bray.A club committee member said to me on sat last that we got our fine reduced from 500e to 150e as club said to fai not to be too harsh considerin the hard work section o have given to the club this season! I was also told that after three repeat offences there will be a six point deduction!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    We got fined bosco for the flares goin off in second leg v Bray.A club committee member said to me on sat last that we got our fine reduced from 500e to 150e as club said to fai not to be too harsh considerin the hard work section o have given to the club this season! I was also told that after three repeat offences there will be a six point deduction!
    That has never happened with anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

I know yeah that's why I was asking. The points deduction thing didn't sound right to me.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    We got fined bosco for the flares goin off in second leg v Bray.A club committee member said to me on sat last that we got our fine reduced from 500e to 150e !
    considering they confiscated about 100 quids worth of pyro they only 50 quid out...

as for the points deduction , thats bull!
    ▒▓███ L █ T █ F █ C ███▓▒

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Deducting points is just about the only thing that would get the practise to stop.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzpatrick10 View Post
    considering they confiscated about 100 quids worth of pyro they only 50 quid out...

as for the points deduction , thats bull!
    Did ye not get those back? I'd heard after the game that they were going to give them back if someone came back for them.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    I went to try get them back at half time and it didn't seem like we were getting them back.

I'll try get them at the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Thumbs up

You Section O lads have to be the biggest egits in the supporters scene in this country. Well done.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I was also told that after three repeat offences there will be a six point deduction!
    Pats just lost the league.

11. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I went to try get them back at half time and it didn't seem like we were getting them back.

I'll try get them at the weekend.
    Yeah the stewards would have held on to them until after the game anyway, just in case! But with things that they confiscate they usually give them back after the game as far as I know.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/pyros-message-supporters/

Dundalk fined again, flares have cost them four grand this season alone. Are people setting off flares unaware of the financial cost or does it simply not matter in their thinking?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Not sure those people think full stop.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/pyros-message-supporters/

Dundalk fined again, flares have cost them four grand this season alone. Are people setting off flares unaware of the financial cost or does it simply not matter in their thinking?
    One individual set off a flare during the game in Turners Cross. The number of flares has reduced to a trickle in the last few months and now only happends in some away games. Stewards/Guards now need to eject those who still set them off. In that way the club can ban those individuals so that this is stopped once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    One individual set off a flare during the game in Turners Cross.....Stewards/Guards now need to eject those who still set them off.
    Anyone point this person out to the stewards? Name and shame them to the club too. It helps to be proactive on this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Anyone point this person out to the stewards? Name and shame them to the club too. It helps to be proactive on this issue.
    Steward was standing less than six feet away looking at him. They are quite easy to spot, they are holding a big glowing flare.

In Inchicore, I've seen a steward walking up with a bucket of sand to the fan with the flare and asking him to put it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    The self proclaimed best supporters group in the country the SSA have on one hand brought some great atmosphere to games in Oriel and other grounds but need to shame those who persist with pyro s*ite. Is Maxi involved with the SSA? If he is then he should have a word with the culprits after his own previous pyro threats.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The self proclaimed best supporters group in the country the SSA have on one hand brought some great atmosphere to games in Oriel and other grounds but need to shame those who persist with pyro s*ite. Is Maxi involved with the SSA? If he is then he should have a word with the culprits after his own previous pyro threats.

If you read the other statement that was put out on the fifth then you can draw your own conclusions!

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-fans-pyros/

Dundalk FC Fans Against Pyros

Dundalk FC

Dundalk Football Club would like to reiterate our stance against all pyros.
    We are aware with key games approaching that some supporters may be tempted to smuggle pyros into matches. We would like to remind everybody that these items can cause serious injury and are banned at all matches home and away. They are also against the law.
    All Dundalk supporters deserve to support their team in safety and without fear of suffering horrendous burns.
    We have had a prominent anti-pyro campaign all season. As a result of this a number of Dundalk supporters have contacted the club expressing their concerns after flares were distributed among fans travelling to Cork.
    This is an issue we addressed before and we need to bring it up again. There are a small number of individuals who are attempting to influence other, mainly younger, fans. These individuals are grown men who are giving younger supporters and children flares to bring into games. These pathetic actions will lead to a young fan either causing serious injury to themselves or others.
    We have also been made aware of one such individual who has been spreading lies to other fans that one of the club owners and/or board members have said that the use of pyros is acceptable and that the club will cover the cost of any fines. These statements, repeated on social networking sites, are completely false. We are receiving legal advice on this issue.
    The club is investigating the incidents regarding flares on Friday and working with the Gardai on an ongoing basis. We would like to thank the vast majority of supporters who have supported our anti-pyro campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    We have also been made aware of one such individual who has been spreading lies to other fans that one of the club owners and/or board members have said that the use of pyros is acceptable and that the club will cover the cost of any fines.
    I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who would read such a claim on a "social networking site" and seriously believe the Dundalk owners are happy to shell out 4 grand for some flares.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I get called a wind up merchant here at times and in fairness I am…

But clubs need to accept that pyro is part of the fan scene here now and it won’t go away even if it was a criminal offence lads will still take the risk. It’s not only seen by lads who use it as way to get the place “going” or to inspire your team,it’s now a form of one upmanship. People here looking for other fans to complain or point out lads will only get you so far but it won’t stop it. It can’t be stopped. When club officials accept it was part of the game, only then will they put real pressure on the authorities to stop fines. Yes I know it can’t be going off in every part of the ground but a balance needs to be found. If you accept the so called positives of the ultras movement then you must accept the rest. You can’t have your cake and eat it. Any way I know must here won’t agree with that…

23. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast