Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football In Shannon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Football In Shannon

If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    There's football in shannon these days????
    i thought everyone was just drinking!!
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=shannonman;821437]There's football in shannon these days????
    i thought everyone was just drinking!![/QUO

Mostly on a saturday night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What state is Shannon soccer in at the moment. How are shannon Town, Newtown and Shannon Olympic getting on? Would anyone dare pick a Shannon select II? Or is it that bad?
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanman2 View Post
    What state is Shannon soccer in at the moment. How are shannon Town, Newtown and Shannon Olympic getting on? Would anyone dare pick a Shannon select II? Or is it that bad?
    1.Skinny, Tom o hare, Darren Griffin, Brian O Connor, Darren Ryan(if fit),Pakie Darcy, Dolnnacha Kelly

Jamie Cullen, Monny, Gerry Kelly, Cheeky

Best i can come up with??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    packie darcy doesn't technically live or play in shannon anymore........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    he has signed for the bridge.

Question...are park rangers drivin players out??

we have just signed a park player who was at the club since he was a kid and would never have considered signing for us but now feels like he isn't wanted or needed down there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    he has signed for the bridge.

Question...are park rangers drivin players out??

we have just signed a park player who was at the club since he was a kid and would never have considered signing for us but now feels like he isn't wanted or needed down there
    Who is the player that has moved down?
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Shane MacCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    Shane MacCarthy
    I don't think he was getting on down there. A few of the lads said that he had some knee problems. Obviously that was wrong and he didn't want to fight for his place? God I thought he was Mr. Park AFC. Great addition for the "town" however, he will add alot of pace to the front line.(badly needed)
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we have just signed a park player who was at the club since he was a kid and would never have considered signing for us but now feels like he isn't wanted or needed down there[/QUOTE]

He was wanted and needed down there,but wouldnt fight for his place ,Dermot finnan and peter webb,rang shane,on the phone to him for over 45 mins,trying to persuade him to stay,even offered him come back for 1 month and see how you get on,if you dont like it still,you can leave,Shane was having none of it,so decided to join his brother up in shannon town,bigger blow that left after being with the club so long,but he will be back next year,when park are in 1A and shannon town are in 1B.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus View Post
    He was wanted and needed down there,but wouldnt fight for his place ,Dermot finnan and peter webb,rang shane,on the phone to him for over 45 mins,trying to persuade him to stay,even offered him come back for 1 month and see how you get on,if you dont like it still,you can leave,Shane was having none of it,so decided to join his brother up in shannon town,bigger blow that left after being with the club so long,but he will be back next year,when park are in 1A and shannon town are in 1B.[/QUOTE]

will be a loss to PAFC. Maybe not now but if they go up they will need a few more players like him. are the wheels coming off? wonder did dermot offer him any of his pay cheque to stay (now I am just being bold)
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    will be a loss to PAFC. Maybe not now but if they go up they will need a few more players like him. are the wheels coming off? wonder did dermot offer him any of his pay cheque to stay (now I am just being bold)[/QUOTE]

like i said bigger loss to shane because he will be playing in 1b next year with shannon town and wont get the chance to play his old club because they will be in 1a,theres always the wesly webb i suppose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    will be a loss to PAFC. Maybe not now but if they go up they will need a few more players like him. are the wheels coming off? wonder did dermot offer him any of his pay cheque to stay (now I am just being bold)
    like i said bigger loss to shane because he will be playing in 1b next year with shannon town and wont get the chance to play his old club because they will be in 1a,theres always the wesly webb i suppose [/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't he come back next year?? He would get his place back I'm sure! Can't see many of the lads playing this year starting next year if Park do get promoted.
    Last edited by shanman2; 05/12/2007 at 3:49 PM.
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    here's one for ya brutal..when park get promoted in 2nd place and shannon town stay in 1a..whats the bet that finnan will ship you and some more of the new guys out and bring in a few lads from limerick.(money)..bet you wouldn't stay around if not playing(ie newtown last year)[/QUOTE]

you have the wrong person you bitter old fool,can you not just get over that the lads that went to park from newtown left because newtown manager (o mahony)was a complete disgrace of a manager,he knew nothing about preparation for a game,did not know how to train a team,unless it was run around 4 cones and in to a game of ball,brilliant training,team selection were out of shape,ie playing players in positions were they never played before,absolute genius,thats why them guys left there young and want to keep learning,the only thing they would learn off o mahony is,how to play a good hand in the pub on a sunday evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Unfortunately Brutus he may be right (if Finnan sticks around) players will be brought in. Most of the players (from what I've seen) have been given a chance against teams in 1A and lets face it the results have been less than impressive. 7-4 away to Charleville, 5-0 against Herbertstown. Thats 12 against and 4 for over the course of 180 mins football and that Brutus is relegation form in any division.
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Unfortunately Brutus he may be right (if Finnan sticks around) players will be brought in. Most of the players (from what I've seen) have been given a chance against teams in 1A and lets face it the results have been less than impressive. 7-4 away to Charleville, 5-0 against Herbertstown. Thats 12 against and 4 for over the course of 180 mins football and that Brutus is relegation form in any division.
    Of course players will be brought in,clubs are looking to strengten there teams every season,besides i didnt say they wouldnt,the only thing that needs to be strenghtened is our defence,which will be sorted if theres promotion and maybe one more centre midfielder apart from that the team is good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course players will be brought in,clubs are looking to strengten there teams every season,besides i didnt say they wouldnt,the only thing that needs to be strenghtened is our defence,which will be sorted if theres promotion and maybe one more centre midfielder apart from that the team is good.
    Maybe 3 or four of the defenders would be able to handle it Park have 3 good full backs and 1 centre half is all that the side has at the moment. Right Midfield is still a massive problem, a centre back, a centre midfielder maybe move Eddie Dunne out wide and bring in a scrapper into midfield, a striker and a few more on the bench are all musts for next year. Thats if players like you can take them to promotion?
    Barca 2 vs manchester 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Most of the players (from what I've seen) have been given a chance against teams in 1A and lets face it the results have been less than impressive. 7-4 away to Charleville, 5-0 against Herbertstown. Thats 12 against and 4 for over the course of 180 mins football and that Brutus is relegation form in any division.
    Very good comment, Park are far from good enough for 1A,also there's a long way to go in 1B with a massive amount of away games to come,so it's not done and dusted just yet.I could be wrong on this, but wasn't part of the deal with Finnan that he couldn't bring in any players from Limerick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe 3 or four of the defenders would be able to handle it Park have 3 good full backs and 1 centre half is all that the side has at the moment. Right Midfield is still a massive problem, a centre back, a centre midfielder maybe move Eddie Dunne out wide and bring in a scrapper into midfield, a striker and a few more on the bench are all musts for next year. Thats if players like you can take them to promotion?
    No woodzy and quirky are the only 2 reliable at the back,nothing wrong with right midfield,there 2 or 3 players on the squad that can play out right,eddie dunne is not a winger,he is the only person we have who can do the dirty work in the middle of the park,dont agree with you at all on your post,nonsense imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast