Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: FAO Athlone town match

martinho

Thumbs up FAO Athlone town match

Last night, the Town played very well versus the Athlone Town. Alan Kirby scored with a close range header, Adrain Murphy scored oone on one with the Goalie after a mistake from a ATFC defender. Kieran Foley scored the last goal with a tame shot from outside the box and ATFCS goalie (ex Man Utd) David Moran fumbled the ball and it slid over the goal. What a comical goal!
    Athlone brought 15 supporters(15-16 yrs old) with them and for the first time ever, I heard them chant! A few of our wind ups worked like ONE LIAM BUCKLEY! By God these lads got hot an flustered. Only one of our ex players played which was Eric Molloy. Stephie Gavin was on their bench and Kellier was on the sidelines watching.
    Tom Silke got a bit of abuse from the ATFC lads and at the end, Pertinho as he was walking off the pitch, stuck up his fingers at the Athlone scum just to wind them up further. Priceless! Roll on Friday!
    Teamempsey,John,Dillon,Alan Murphy,McGovern,Gary Murphy,perth,Kirby,Keogh,Lavine,Barrett. Subs: Adrian Murphy,Foley,McCormack(from Tulsk u21 player)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    how did lavine and barrett do up front, i thought they did very well in the second half on friday night
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    oh yeah and one more thing, how did the pitch look, any improvment ??
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Barrett hit two bullets from outside the box in the first half..deserved to score one of them..two good saves by the goalie
    FlanSiro for Champions League Final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Vinny stuck up 3 fingers to indicate the score and to take the ****! The chant of "have you ever played Milan" was funny, none of these kids were born when Scumlone played Milan!! The pitch was better than previous games but still needs work. Dillon looked good at centerback and Spud played well on the right. Vinny looked his old self (as in putting himself about not overweight!!) more so in the second half, maybe that was down to the quality of the opposition, which was poor. Again Barrett looked good when he came on as did Adrian Murphy and Foley. I think it wont be long before we see these boys starting a few games in the league.
    They wanted 10 euro for entry to the stand, I went for the ground at 8 euro, and when it started raining I headed for the stand where nobody was checking for tickets. But i thought 10 euro was a bit much for a league cup game.