Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: City advance in League Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

City advance in League Cup

City advanced to the next stage of the league cup as the Kerry league defeated Cobh Ramblers 2-1 in St.Coleman's Park.
    Cobh had taken the lead and both sides were reduced to ten men before Kerry equalised, and went on to win with a late goal.

there's a match report on www.soccercentral.ie

Bohs, Longford, Sligo Rovers and Derry City have also moved on.

First chance of silverware under dolan still intact. And no i don't care if it's a mickey mouse competition, we were all only too glad to get our hands on it when we beat rovers with a noel hartigan goal a few seasons back.

Tom Peppers
    ya but to be honest the competition isnt even worth the silverware they give to the winning team. I heard recently from GWA that theres talk of all ireland cup between teams from the south and teams from the north. Sadloserkid said the same also and it would replace the league cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Great idea !!

Originally posted by Tom Peppers
    ya but to be honest the competition isnt even worth the silverware they give to the winning team. I heard recently from GWA that theres talk of all ireland cup between teams from the south and teams from the north. Sadloserkid said the same also and it would replace the league cup
    I would love to see it !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Tom Peppers

Rovers versus Linfield would be a lot of fun. Linfield againsts anyone for that matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    do you remember that waterford "fan" who walked in front of the shed a few years back wearing the rangers scarf and chanting 'the linfield'.

thought the poor lad was going to get his head kicked in, if linfield really were down i think it's be a recipe for disaster.

anyway, what's the standard like, all i know is vinny arkins still gets his game.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The standard has dropped just a touch.Dermot Keely was recently talking about combining the 2 leagues and I think an All-Ireland Cup is the perfect way to try it out.