Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Mick Cooke reappointed

MONAGHAN UNITED FC

PRESS RELEASE

Dated: 12th November 2007

MICK COOKE STAYS ON AS MANAGER

Monaghan United FC have officially confirmed that Mick Cooke has been offered and accepted another contract as Manager of the Senior team. Cooke joined Monaghan United in September 2003 and is one of the longest serving managers of the eircom League.

Cooke brought in some fine players over the season and hopes to retain the bulk of his squad for the 2008 season.

“I have decided to stay at United as I feel Monaghan are a club who are going places. They are well organised and the future of football in the area is in good hands. They have had some phenomenal success for a small club. Recently Philip Donnelly from the Under 15’s squad was on trials with Blackburn Rovers and Aaron McCarey, also from the Under 15’s is heading to Aston Villa on trials in the coming weeks and has earned his first cap at Under 16 level. The Women’s team won their first league title this year, in what was their second season in existence. The Under 21’s won the Foyle Cup during the summer. All these positives show that United are moving in the right direction and I am delighted to be part of such a progressive set up.”

“I hope to hold on to 7-8 of the team from this season and build around them. We were plagued by injuries this season but when I had a full squad to choose from in the 3rd quarter of the season we only lost 2 games in 10 played. I am very optimistic about the future for Monaghan and am looking forward to the new season already.”

Ends.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Not trying to cause trouble, but wasn't be supposed to be Director of Football or something like that this season, not Manager? Or did that fall by the wayside?
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    No Mick was always manager. John Heffernan is the Director of Football.