Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford Win With Clever Tactics All Round...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Longford Win With Clever Tactics All Round...

Anyone at the game would have witnessed Longford tacticians at their finest and I'm not talking about the players. When I bought my stand ticket I read it to see that Longford were playing Kilkenny City and not Cork City. The players clearly believed this too as they showed as much talent as Kilkenny. The centre pages in the programme declared that Roddy Collins was the manager. This also confused the players too as they wouldn't listen to Murphy since he wasn't their manager and ran around like headless chickens for almost the entire 1st half.
    We had no shape and fitness was a big problem.

The sad thing for Longford was that they had 800/900 supporters in their new all seated ground. When I pointed this out to a Longford official he said that due to the day that's in it! With all the GAA that's on. Do Longford have a GAA team? Were they in action yesterday? I insisted that the all important "Charity" Sheild was a better excuse.
    It's an impressive facility lets hope they can make it work.

We are so far behind the top teams in the league that it's sickening. I include Longford in that.

We had to be seen to be believed yesterday we were so bad.
    Longford Town beat Cork Sunday League Team.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Martystapo

YEEEEEES

Myself or Pauro 7 were not at the game due to commitments beyond our control. When I heard that the Town had beat ye, I was shell shocked as I expected ye to at least draw with us. See that Mullgan scored yet again against us as in the past.

I suppose we had to get revenge after the Super Cup game with Mulligan's header denying us victory. De Town are always strong starters but we tend to lose our form later in the season.

Lets hope it doesn't happen as I know de Town players aim to be in the top 5 this year. Cork won't be too off either.Cork to appear in Europe for the (I think 5th season) in a row.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb City programme

Take note Gerry Desmond. Just make sure you give Bohs someone like the Monaghan Utd management team for next week
    Last edited by pete; 13/08/2001 at 11:00 AM.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We'll Need To Improve In All Areas...

...City will struggle with the €uro Changeover this season not to mention trying to qualify for Europe. If we do it'll be our 6th year in a row. The players have the ability but they were so unfit yesterday that they must be embarressed.

McDermot is a tosser and we will always struggle to win a game with him behind the whistle. That's not an excuse by the way.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Gerry Desmond

Re: City programme

Originally posted by rebel
    Take note Gerry Desmond. Just make sure you give Bohs someone like the Monaghan Utd management team for next week
    Actually, despite the wee blooper about the manager in the centre pages credit is due to LTFC for the production, very neat & very crisp. Well done, Macy and Noel Treacy. What particularly impressed me though was stretching the City penpix to 5 pages! Just joking, well done again.
    Gerry