Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

There are a few post about it on the el MB and this is a post from A ROVERS FAN on the Ultras MB...

hate to say it but of course their was trouble, rovers were there. group of scum who go to a couple of matches a year got ****ed before the match, tried to barge in without paying, fought between themselves and tried at half time to get into the stand without paying which incidentally hoops fans weren't allowed into cause of trouble there last year. most of those causing the trouble looked like knackers and should have no place at rovers games home or away.
    Is all that true?

When is this **** going to stop? Trouble seems to just follow them, I fear it will get worse when they go to Tallaght.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

Originally posted by Colm
    I fear it will get worse when they go to Tallaght.
    Nonsense, sure isn't that when all their problems will magically diappear BTW, I'm sure the reason for trouble in longford was evil midlanders spiking their drinks and making racist chants at them, I mean even the angelic souls who follow rovers would find it hard not to react to such an intimidating and hostile atmosphere as the flansiro, I mean i dunno how we made it out of there alive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its true its all true! heard severals of them fightin with the stewarts over why they were not allowed in to the stand....like they didnt know! few split open by their own fans behind the goals and the whole way through the game they were being brought out by security and the Gardai!!!! unreal! other than that the game itself was alrite!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ******. Fans who were willing to pay into the stand were not allowed.

What is the crime for not wanting to get ****ed on in the rain ?

Exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Re: Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

Originally posted by Éanna
    I mean even the angelic souls who follow rovers would find it hard not to react to such an intimidating and hostile atmosphere as the flansiro,
    Éanna Longford's stewards have been the subject of complaints from loads of different fans in the league ( I mean even Galway FFS ). They were at it again.

Incidentally the bloke who was carried out had collapsed due to being the worse for wear for drink.

And the majority of fans thrown out of the stand had paid in to it.
    EL grounds are like good episodes of The Simpsons, no matter how many times you see them they're still funny

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

Originally posted by TommyT
    Éanna Longford's stewards have been the subject of complaints from loads of different fans in the league ( I mean even Galway FFS ). They were at it again.
    Sorry ya missed my sarcasm there tommy As it happens, I have headr all about the longford stewards, and the galway fans up there etc.,

BTW, are City fans the only ones who have never really had any hassle with them or what? I've never seen them do anything out of the ordinary........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not going to jump on the Rovers scum bandwagon, again a large Rovers crowd came down to Longford and only four or five caused trouble and that was with themselves... Frontline and Longford stewarts are a bad conbination. If Frontline were brought in to police the Rovers crowd why did Longford Stewarts get involved? Why had Frontline about four or five lads who were in their early twenties and looking like they wanted to deal with some trouble, the whole incident was blown out of proportion anyway... bet you any money Rovers have about 15 fans who cause all the **** and let's face it any team has those type of supporters but they are not always together to cause trouble where as Rovers supporters are... I'd say alot of the trouble was caused because of a conbination of Frontline/Longford Stewart/high spirits in the rovers camp due to their good news...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    can i just say that Liam Buckley has some neck to cimplain about the state of the longford pitch, this coming from a homeless club.

they should be looking at de town as a model of how to build fifa standard ground on a small budget.

i lived with a guy from lingford who was a foreman on the tallaght site and he said that rovers were in way over their heads from day one but refused to believe that they would run into trouble. i live in tallaght and i think whan rovers go there it will be a magnet for scumbags, its right beside the square and those with little else to do will just come down an cause trouble.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the pitch was a disgrace, shouldn't have narrowed the sides... we have as good a widemen on the field as many a side, it hindered us more then it did rovers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

BTW, are City fans the only ones who have never really had any hassle with them or what? I've never seen them do anything out of the ordinary........
    Neither have we but maybe they didn't see us.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

@ndy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rovers fans cause trouble in Longford?

are City fans the only ones who have never really had any hassle with them or what?
    Jayz, i was steamin down there at the end of the season and the nice steward even let me climb over a fence, take a traffic cone, pose for a photo, then put it back again.

Gentlemen.

It's the Cork stewards that wreck my head...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Xlex
    the pitch was a disgrace, shouldn't have narrowed the sides... we have as good a widemen on the field as many a side, it hindered us more then it did rovers...
    Just thinking, I assume the pitch was narrowed back from what it was the start of the season, but did it just go back to last seasons width? i.e. not actually narrowed from the norm so to speak?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    about three foot in from the previous width... six foot either side... I'd like to hear the excuses...