Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Wicklow league referee assaulted

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Wicklow league referee assaulted

Has anyone heard what happened in the game with avonmore & wicklow town?? 2 day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I play in that division, not in that game though.

I imagine how it started. All the refs in that division are rule-crazy who give no leeway. They are authoritarian and really disrupt the game. Not condoning what (if anything) happened, I can understand how trouble between the players and ref would have started.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi ho card happy refs

It true to say there are card happy refs in most league, Who more than lightly following instructions from there respective league.
    However that does not permit a player to assaulted a referee, if club feel there are threaten by certain referee, can call the referee inspector in to study the performance of any ref. lets hope this is one off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I'm sorry folks but I don't know why a post about a referee being assaulted can have any mention of the performance of the referee or of referees in general

There can be no excuse/reason/anything for assaulting any referee or official in any match full stop.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innishvilla View Post
    I'm sorry folks but I don't know why a post about a referee being assaulted can have any mention of the performance of the referee or of referees in general

There can be no excuse/reason/anything for assaulting any referee or official in any match full stop.
    That's probably why the players flipped. I'm not saying it's right. I'm giving a possible motive.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    That's probably why the players flipped. I'm not saying it's right. I'm giving a possible motive.
    forget about motives you can't touch a ref and imo all aggression towards
    referee's should be eliminated ....

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no17 fan View Post
    forget about motives you can't touch a ref and imo all aggression towards
    referee's should be eliminated ....

Bottom line.........its assault.

If it happened in the street you could get fined or even jail (if charges were pressed against you).

Individual involved should get a life ban from all football and if I was the ref I would press charges against him also.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am sure A referee's report will follow and probated action will be taken against the person concerned, and long time siting out football, so he will be able to think about what he's done.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Life time ban I agree. Refs get so much abuse. I dont know how they do it. If i was a ref I would be having fistycuffs every week. Fair play to them and they get little money to compensate.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poloman View Post
    Life time ban I agree. Refs get so much abuse. I dont know how they do it. If i was a ref I would be having fistycuffs every week. Fair play to them and they get little money to compensate.
    This is were you and I disagree, I think refs get well paid for the job they do.
    They the referees are after getting arise since last August, they are compensated for the job they do.
    They the ref's have a responsibility on the field of play, some ref's over state there power, while other's apply the laws of the game, using common sense.
    However a person who hits out will be dealt with in accordance of the disciplinary body of that league, to give a life ban, would suggest the punishment is greater than the crime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    This is were you and I disagree, I think refs get well paid for the job they do.
    They the referees are after getting arise since last August, they are compensated for the job they do.
    They the ref's have a responsibility on the field of play, some ref's over state there power, while other's apply the laws of the game, using common sense.
    However a person who hits out will be dealt with in accordance of the disciplinary body of that league, to give a life ban, would suggest the punishment is greater than the crime.
    In what way is a lifetime ban from playing in a league a greater punishment than assaulting a referee? I know the punishment will not be a lifetime ban, more likely a year to 18 months, and I'll be honest I don't know how to quantify a punishment for assaulting a ref.

But; If it didn't happen on a football pitch the guy could now be in court...

Yes the referees get paid, but if it is such a well paid job why is there a constant shortage of referees?
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In what way is a lifetime ban from playing in a league a greater punishment than assaulting a referee? I know the punishment will not be a lifetime ban, more likely a year to 18 months, and I'll be honest I don't know how to quantify a punishment for assaulting a ref.

Yes the referees get paid, but if it is such a well paid job why is there a constant shortage of referees?
    Last time I heard of an assault of a ref the player got 10 years.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Renovater.. yes we certainly disagree.

40 quid for getting out of bed, travelling to a pitch, pitch inspection, checking players gear, getting dressed, get abuse screamed at you by everyone for 90 mins plus, hoping your car doesnt get smashed up in some cases, making enemies on streets if you met them in pubs, travelling home.. all taking how many hours? I reckon 4 hours for sure. Thats a tenner per hour plus abuse.

You think thats well paid? Plus the tax man was on about going after them at one stage. If you think 40 quid or thereabouts is well paid, maybe you need a new career as you dont earn enough.

I deffo agree though yes there are some ****s of refs out there who were never able to kick a ball straight and thats why they became a ref and they throw their weight (literally!) around. I got booked by danger this year twice. Once for having my shirt not tucked in and another for swearing at one of my own players. Its like people who get picked on in school become guards or teachers.

never in my life would I dream of hitting a ref they are only doing their job no matter how wrong they can be. Life time ban should be compulsory for assaulting a ref and the players team getting docked 10 points. Points may be harsh but its an extra incentive to keep slap happy fools under control.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If a ref hits a player he should get lifetime ban
    If a player hits a ref it should be a life time ban.

I dont mean a push now like di canio but more like a cantona style or the clip we have all seen of that mullet haired fella at some crap match punching the head off a ref after a yellow card. Just my own opinion folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wasnt there a ref locked in the boot of his car in some Wicklow town a few years ago???
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbourne1904 View Post
    Wasnt there a ref locked in the boot of his car in some Wicklow town a few years ago???
    referees getting abducted and assaulted in wicklow,would not fancy being a ref in there league,thats ridiculous that some genuine bloke puts time into referee games for clubs then get this abuse,absolute crazy.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbourne1904 View Post
    Ya that was the GAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads listen, if all of us were as good as we think we are, we would not be playing in the mickey mouse leagues that we are in, so lets take a look at ourselves and realise that the refs are in the same boat. !!!!!!!!!