Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Champions League thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    It's because of nonsense like this that everyone hates fans of the 'Big 4' in the England. Just leave it at all four clubs are a cancer on the game and move on
    Dammit Jebus, I have to agree with you on this one. Don't tell anyone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's because of nonsense like this that everyone hates fans of the 'Big 4' in the England. Just leave it at all four clubs are a cancer on the game and move on
    "Cancer on the game"

Get real lad that is worst thing I have heard on foot.ie ever.

Your away with the birds lad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    He's right though.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    He's right though.
    In what way?

The fact that there winning trophies?

Its not there fault that there only teams that can win premership.

what about the Real Madrids, Barca, Inter and Ac Milan's of this world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post

what about the Real Madrids, Barca, Inter and Ac Milan's of this world.
    Bar Barca they're all cancers that should be ran into their precious Super League along with Bayern and Juventus (possibly Lyon too, not really into French football so don't know) and be done away with. Celtic and Rangers would be included if anyone outside of Scotland and Ireland gave a damn about Scottish football. All better?

Its not there fault that there only teams that can win premership
    Yes it is, they have a stranglehold on the Premiership and English football in general through their own greed

that is worst thing I have heard on foot.ie ever.
    I hear that so much it's lost all meaning
    Last edited by jebus; 29/05/2008 at 1:49 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bar Barca they're all cancers that should be ran into their precious Super League along with Bayern and Juventus (possibly Lyon too, not really into French football so don't know) and be done away with. Celtic and Rangers would be included if anyone outside of Scotland and Ireland gave a damn about Scottish football. All better?

Yes it is, they have a stranglehold on the Premiership and English football in general through their own greed

I hear that so much it's lost all meaning
    Every club in football is or has greed just cause its richer then others does not make it more greedy.

They have a stranglehold on premiership because there best four teams in England.. Simple really I would have taught it happens in every country you should know that as a Limerick fan (It happens in every sport) You could say the same about Kerry footballers or Cork Hurlers

Just cause its said all the time does not mean its not true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    They have a stranglehold on premiership because there best four teams in England..
    Nope, Man Utd and Liverpool in particular pushed forward plans for the old First Division to move away from the FA and form Sky's Premiership, selling out their souls to Rupert Murdoch in the meantime and condemning the other divisions to a lifetime of mediocrity. Since then Chelsea and Arsenal have joined the more influential clubs through the genius of Arsene Wenger and the riches of Roman Abramovich and it's this group of 4 that run football in England. They could allow more money to trickle down to help out the football league clubs, but they don't want to miss out on those new ivory backscratchers. The sad thing is that these clubs they have fooled people like yourself into thinking they are community clubs, and that they care about the state of football in England, especially at a time when more and more of their proper fans (people who are from Manchester, Liverpool and London) are being turned off by overinflated prices that tourist fans (like the Irish) are happy to pay. They're pigs, greedy ****ing pigs, and hope all four clubs **** off ASAP.

Honestly though if you can't see that the shine has been taken off football since even a decade ago than you are either 15 years old, or blind through your support of one of these teams

ust cause its said all the time does not mean its not true.
    Doesn't mean it has any meaning either

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Typical Jebus, always sitting on the fence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nope, Man Utd and Liverpool in particular pushed forward plans for the old First Division to move away from the FA and form Sky's Premiership, selling out their souls to Rupert Murdoch in the meantime and condemning the other divisions to a lifetime of mediocrity. Since then Chelsea and Arsenal have joined the more influential clubs through the genius of Arsene Wenger and the riches of Roman Abramovich and it's this group of 4 that run football in England. They could allow more money to trickle down to help out the football league clubs, but they don't want to miss out on those new ivory backscratchers. The sad thing is that these clubs they have fooled people like yourself into thinking they are community clubs, and that they care about the state of football in England, especially at a time when more and more of their proper fans (people who are from Manchester, Liverpool and London) are being turned off by overinflated prices that tourist fans (like the Irish) are happy to pay. They're pigs, greedy ****ing pigs, and hope all four clubs **** off ASAP.

Honestly though if you can't see that the shine has been taken off football since even a decade ago than you are either 15 years old, or blind through your support of one of these teams

Doesn't mean it has any meaning either
    The word ambition comes to mind. Pool and Utd did not force this down anyones mouth. At end of day every country has its top teams.

I am sure if it happened at your club you would be more then happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I am sure if it happened at your club you would be more then happy.
    Not if my club became a cancer on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    Typical Jebus, always sitting on the fence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not if my club became a cancer on the game

Very easy say that when your club has been in the trouble it has been in for past number of years financially.

I get your point but just dont agree thats all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Very easy say that when your club has been in the trouble it has been in for past number of years financially.

I get your point but just dont agree thats all.
    Honestly most United fans I know would admit they aren't as into it as they used to be, it was there for all to see with the muted celebrations at winning the Champions League. I mean the very next day people didn't seem to care, even United fans. I know a Chelsea fan of roughly 40 years who didn't particulaly care when they won the league because he maintains it's not the same club he supported. I've found the same with a lot of the old lads who come into my mother's bar, they just don't care anymore, mostly because there is too much money in the game and it has destroyed the sport as a proper competition

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Honestly most United fans I know would admit they aren't as into it as they used to be, it was there for all to see with the muted celebrations at winning the Champions League. I mean the very next day people didn't seem to care, even United fans. I know a Chelsea fan of roughly 40 years who didn't particulaly care when they won the league because he maintains it's not the same club he supported. I've found the same with a lot of the old lads who come into my mother's bar, they just don't care anymore, mostly because there is too much money in the game and it has destroyed the sport as a proper competition
    Nah, it's probably because they are world weary, moany old gits!....everything was better back in their day and so on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Nope, Man Utd and Liverpool in particular pushed forward plans for the old First Division to move away from the FA and form Sky's Premiership, selling out their souls to Rupert Murdoch
    Im open to correction here, but to my knowledge Liverpool were one of two clubs who voted AGAINST the forming of the Premier League.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think we need a copy of Michael Palin's and Terry Jones Ripping Old Yarns.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    We dont need them as we have your footballing tales to keep us amused...

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839