Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Reid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    With his injury record Reid would probably fit in on the Mets 25 man roster. Well, their DL actually.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    He's just been subbed no about 70 mins came off to a round of applause from the crowd and manager. 2:0 up, Andrews on for Reid.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    He's just been subbed no about 70 mins came off to a round of applause from the crowd and manager. 2:0 up, Andrews on for Reid.
    If only we'd made the WC, looks like he would be back to his best by the summer. Sam A seems to be blending him back into the XI slowly which is a wise move considering his injury record, if he keeps this up should have no problem getting his contract renewed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Don't know how he played but to play for the majority of a very important victory for blackburn has to be good news for him. I just hope this is Allardyce bringing him slowly into the first team and not showcasing him during the transfer window, I don't really trust Sams judgment.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Don't know how he played but to play for the majority of a very important victory for blackburn has to be good news for him. I just hope this is Allardyce bringing him slowly into the first team and not showcasing him during the transfer window, I don't really trust Sams judgment.....
    I don't think that Sam will be around for much longer. A 2-0 victory against a team with a shocking away record is nothing to go by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I wouldnt agree. The cut off point normally for staying up is around 36 points and they're only 12 away. Think the main aim for blackburn this season was always just to avoid relegation since there's some team building going on there. Great to see him back

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    I wouldnt agree. The cut off point normally for staying up is around 36 points and they're only 12 away. Think the main aim for blackburn this season was always just to avoid relegation since there's some team building going on there. Great to see him back

The natives are restless though. They had about 18,000 for a league cup semi final the other night, and as a former Bolton manager they've never had much patience for Sam. I could see Mark Hughes coming back for another spell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quite possible, but isn't he hated there for jumping ship? Although that would be great for reid since hughes got some great work out of him

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    Quite possible, but isn't he hated there for jumping ship? Although that would be great for reid since hughes got some great work out of him
    It would be great for Reid. At the minute with Allardyce's long ball game him and Andrews are in danger of being retired with chronic neck injuries from watching the ball sail over their heads.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Great to see Reid back and playing well at the weekend, but it goes to show just how ridiculous the critisism of Trap was for not having him in the squad for the playoffs. Is it 2 months later now before he has become properly fit again?
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Great to see Reid back and playing well at the weekend, but it goes to show just how ridiculous the critisism of Trap was for not having him in the squad for the playoffs. Is it 2 months later now before he has become properly fit again?
    Looking back on it that was really hilarious. Was it Murfinator who started a thread that went on for ages about the travesty of Trap leaving out the likes of Reid. The press went in to overdrive too, it's amazing that Trap was able to keep his cool when having to face such ridiculous accusations/questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Looking back on it that was really hilarious. Was it Murfinator who started a thread that went on for ages about the travesty of Trap leaving out the likes of Reid. The press went in to overdrive too, it's amazing that Trap was able to keep his cool when having to face such ridiculous accusations/questions.
    It doesn't take that long to get fit for a cameo role, a full 90 mins or even 45 can be hard enough though.

At any rate i'd have preferred him there to come on instead of Gibson(thats not to say he would have been first choice, but defo a better choice then Gibson in that second game)
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I'd also have preferred him to come on than Gibson. I'd also have preferred Liam Brady to come on. Neither were near fit enough for the role.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Gibson played well after he came on. He defended well and looked a minor threat in attack, albeit he skied his only effort from about 30 yards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Good to see him starting a prem game. I think i noticed some booing though for Andrews when he came on and as well when he first touched the ball.
    I

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    In fairness prior to that Reid did come out and say he was fully fit and available for selection and had featured in several cup games for blackburn. He's suffered setbacks since so its not exactly that he's still been recovering directly from his injury two months ago.

And its a bit silly to gloat when the primary reason we lost the tie (apart from the obvious) was we got overrun in the centre midfield in the second half of the first leg. Diarra controlled the game, andrews and whelan couldn't pick a pass so I'm certainly not buying into the idea that Steven Reid couldn't have contributed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    He was not fit. He was injured the week of the games for gods sake. How can you possibly think he could have contributed? Do you really think Trap would have left out one of his favourite players from the squad entirely if he was fit?

BTW you seem to have developed a new found interest in the national team, at least going by your posts on here. Especially for someone who started out by saying he didn't really give a toss about the team and the likes of Robbie Keane because they don't live in Ireland and make a lot of money. The definition of a fair weather supporter surely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle342775.html

Off to Sheff Wednesday now on loan - with every passing day, Trap's remarks on Reid seem to be more on the money then Sam Alldardyce baffling outburst in response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Needs a run of games and Alladyce is not going to give him that at Blackburn. Irvine is a good young manager and hopefully Stephen can stay fit and get the game times needs to restart his career.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macdermesser View Post
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle342775.html

Off to Sheff Wednesday now on loan - with every passing day, Trap's remarks on Reid seem to be more on the money then Sam Alldardyce baffling outburst in response
    Great news. The current Irish midfield of O'Connor and Potter are not doing the business. Hopefully he can remain injury free.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast