Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Reid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    wonder will he be included for the friendly v SA. get some game time under his belt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    wonder will he be included for the friendly v SA. get some game time under his belt.
    I imagine Sam will keep him at home. Wolves let Doyle go off to play in an international friendly to get fit and only got injured (again) resulting in him missing the start of the season. Reid needs to be eased back in gently. Please let him be fit for the Italian game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    maybe give him a half get his fitness up. depends i suppose. cant wait for him to get back fully fit as you say.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Would trap throw him in to the starting 11 against Italy though? even if fit and a few premiership games under his belt, would he change the Andrews & Whelan partnership?

How many games has S Reid started under Trap, I know almost every poster here would want him started and are longing for his return but somehow Im not so sure that Trap feels that his return will mean an automatic change?

Hopefully, that is a decision he does at least have to make.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Would trap throw him in to the starting 11 against Italy though? even if fit and a few premiership games under his belt, would he change the Andrews & Whelan partnership?

How many games has S Reid started under Trap, I know almost every poster here would want him started and are longing for his return but somehow Im not so sure that Trap feels that his return will mean an automatic change?

Hopefully, that is a decision he does at least have to make.
    Trap has always been a big fan of Steven Reid, even playing a not 100% match fit Reid in Podgorica. If he's fit he'll slot straight back in to the starting eleven without a doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    at the minute steven reid and whelan for me. trap seems to really like whelan. andrews to drop out IMO.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    If one of the stato's has the analysis.....Who have the starting midfield duo been in all of Traps games to date?

Im sure he does rate Reid very highly (as do I), its just that other players have become his regular midfield over the last 6-12 months and Im not sure he would change it just like that.

Just a thought.......

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    If one of the stato's has the analysis.....Who have the starting midfield duo been in all of Traps games to date?

Im sure he does rate Reid very highly (as do I), its just that other players have become his regular midfield over the last 6-12 months and Im not sure he would change it just like that.

Just a thought.......
    nah 100 per cent trap will have reid as first choice, with whelan i think.
    Last edited by Duggie; 03/09/2009 at 12:52 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    We need to look to the long term for Reid, in reality another serious injury and his career could be toast. It'd be reckless to throw him into a high intensity game like this until he's fully ready.
    Id be surprised if he starts any game for us this campaign except for maybe the playoffs. I cant see him getting 4/5 full 90 mins games between now and the Italian game and that is what he would need before he should be considered for a starting spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I would hope so!! It's not like he'd be upsetting a blossoming partnership or anything. Anyway I doubt it will come to that as I'd imagine this will be the case...

Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Id be surprised if he starts any game for us this campaign except for maybe the playoffs. I cant see him getting 4/5 full 90 mins games between now and the Italian game and that is what he would need before he should be considered for a starting spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    here you go
    Code:
    Home                Result Away                   Starting CM
    Republic of Ireland   1-1  Serbia                 Liam Miller   Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   1-0  Colombia               Glenn Whelan  Liam Miller   
    Norway                1-1  Republic of Ireland    Steven Reid   Glenn Whelan  
    Georgia               1-2  Republic of Ireland    Steven Reid   Glenn Whelan  
    Montenegro            0-0  Republic of Ireland    Glenn Whelan  Steven Reid   
    Republic of Ireland   1-0  Cyprus                 Darron Gibson Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   2-3  Poland                 Darron Gibson Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   2-1  Georgia                Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   1-1  Bulgaria               Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan  
    Italy                 1-1  Republic of Ireland    Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   1-1  Nigeria                Keith Andrews Liam Miller   
    Bulgaria              1-1  Republic of Ireland    Glenn Whelan  Keith Andrews 
    Republic of Ireland   0-3  Australia              Glenn Whelan  Darron Gibson
    I didn't realise Whelan had started all but one of Trapattoni's games to date
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    whelans played all but 1.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    And S Reid has only featured three times which is more to the point surely? Im just playing devils advocate here but how is everyone so **** sure that Trap would definitely have Reid in the starting 11 as soon as he is fit. By the way Im not saying he shouldnt be....

Cheers for the stats Tets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    And S Reid has only featured three times which is more to the point surely? Im just playing devils advocate here but how is everyone so **** sure that Trap would definitely have Reid in the starting 11 as soon as he is fit. By the way Im not saying he shouldnt be....

Cheers for the stats Tets.
    trap thinks a lot of reid's ability. he and whelan formed a nice partnership before reid got injured. esp in the first half against georgia when we played some nice passing football. reid is a def starter when he comes back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    how is everyone so **** sure that Trap would definitely have Reid in the starting 11 as soon as he is fit
    Because he has a bit of a brain

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    here you go
    Code:
    Home                Result Away                   Starting CM
    Republic of Ireland   1-1  Serbia                 Liam Miller   Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   1-0  Colombia               Glenn Whelan  Liam Miller   
    Norway                1-1  Republic of Ireland    Steven Reid   Glenn Whelan  
    Georgia               1-2  Republic of Ireland    Steven Reid   Glenn Whelan  
    Montenegro            0-0  Republic of Ireland    Glenn Whelan  Steven Reid   
    Republic of Ireland   1-0  Cyprus                 Darron Gibson Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   2-3  Poland                 Darron Gibson Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   2-1  Georgia                Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   1-1  Bulgaria               Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan  
    Italy                 1-1  Republic of Ireland    Keith Andrews Glenn Whelan  
    Republic of Ireland   1-1  Nigeria                Keith Andrews Liam Miller   
    Bulgaria              1-1  Republic of Ireland    Glenn Whelan  Keith Andrews 
    Republic of Ireland   0-3  Australia              Glenn Whelan  Darron Gibson
    I didn't realise Whelan had started all but one of Trapattoni's games to date
    This is interesting (ignoring LM as he is not an option imo)
    W&A record: 1W 3D
    W&G: 1W 2L
    W&R: 1W 2D

I think we'd agree that the above W&R or A&R would be our best option. The W&A stats sums up their partnership, very defensive orientated, wont give away much but aint gonna score many either. W&A should start on sat imo.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Because he has a bit of a brain

And vastly more footballing ability as well.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I'm sure it'll be W & A.

I think Andrews has been better than a few here gice him credit for. Hodgson wanted him at Fulham which is a decent accolade.

For Ireland he adds bite & mobility. We're not that creative from midfield but we're not as porous as we were either. We look less secure with Gibson playing IMO.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'm sure it'll be W & A.

I think Andrews has been better than a few here gice him credit for. Hodgson wanted him at Fulham which is a decent accolade.

For Ireland he adds bite & mobility. We're not that creative from midfield but we're not as porous as we were either. We look less secure with Gibson playing IMO.
    In fairness to both W&A, both have a decent strike on them. Andrews scored against poland and was unlucky against Bulgaria (i think, disallowed goal?). We really should be looking for a goal or two from them over the remaining games, maybe sat is the night.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Goals from midfield are crucial. Whelan got a lucky one in Mainz but otherwise we've only had Doyle (1), Robbie & Dunne (set pieces) on the scoresheet I think. At least set-pieces have contributed but there's too much onus on the front two in my opinion.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast