Lissadel United FC V Boyne Rovers FC
    Skerries Town FC V Belgrove FC
    Edenderry Town FC V Brendanville FC
    Kilnamanagh AFC V Celbridge Town AFC
    Phoenix FC V Dalkey United FC
    Bangor Celtic FC V Beggsboro AFC
    Larkview Boys FC V Wayside Celtic FC
    Drogheda Town FC V Moyle Park PPFC
    Last edited by razor; 19/10/2007 at 10:16 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    that first one should be cobh wanderers/passage v templemount checked the munster senior league site and they made the same error

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    that first one should be cobh wanderers/passage v templemount checked the munster senior league site and they made the same error
    Cheers, just copied and pasted it off the word doc from the FAI, that explains it i guess.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mount at home to Tramore this Sunday morning. Who else is playing? Are the holders in action?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ulster Fixtures on Sunday:

Convoy Arsenal v Kildrum Tigers

Drumkeen United v Swilly Rovers

Fanad United v Buncrana Hearts
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The longest game in history?

You would not believe it.

Moyle Park left Clondalkin at 5pm and arrived in Drogheda at 6:30 for a 7:45 kick off.

During the warm up, 10 mins before scheduled kick off time the floodlights failed. Someone forgot to put diesel in the generator. I kid you not

Half an hour later game kicks off. Lights failed after 22 mins and were out for 20 mins.

After the restart the referee awarded Drogheda a penalty. For what? No one has an idea, plus the ball was out of play.

After the break Moyler were well on top and deservedly levelled. One of the Drogheda players was injured and lay on the ground for 26 mins waiting for an ambulance. (Lights again failed and ambulance had to navigate onto the pitch in the dark.).

Play resumed and every decision from the referee went Drogheda's way. I've seen this man in black twice previously, both times in Dundalk in last seasons FAI Junior Cup. Games involved Dublin sides, St Kevins Boys and Corduff against a very poor local Dundalk side. Kevin's had two players dismissed and Corduff three.

Then just before final whistle as Moyler attacked the lights failed and the ref blew for full time and the time : 10:45pm, yes fifteen minutes to eleven.

Moyler arrived home in Clondalkin just before midnight following seven hours in a parallel universe.

An absolute farce as Maxi from Dundalk would say or as Mr Ripley put it, believe it, or believe it not.
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Some ordeal soccerc, holy cow that sounds like an awful night for all concerned, hope player injured will be ok.

Fermoy drew 1-1 with Everton today and missed a pen. Shocking referee for this one.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    3-0 Rockmount today at home to Tramore ath. Ross O Callaghan with a hat trick. Comfortable.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Some ordeal soccerc, holy cow that sounds like an awful night for all concerned, hope player injured will be ok.

Fermoy drew 1-1 with Everton today and missed a pen. Shocking referee for this one.
    What's going on with Refs these days, it's an absolute disgrace. They go out on to the pitch with an extremely defensive attitude. Players can't even talk to a refs now without being booked or told they are about to be sent off. I know they get a lot of abuse at times but they just can't take any level of questioning.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rate the teams in Cork

Regarding the Cork Teams left in the Inter Cup, who would you rate the strongest and the weakest or are they much of a muchness?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    Regarding the Cork Teams left in the Inter Cup, who would you rate the strongest and the weakest or are they much of a muchness?

Avondale and Rockmount for the last 6/7 years have been the main contenders (4 wins between them or something like that). There is always a surprise team like Carrig or Blarney or Douglas Hall, but I've not seen any of them play yet this season so don't know how they went over the summer.

Razor might tell us if Avondale are as strong as last season? there have been a good few changes.

I can assure Rockmount have strengthened over the summer and it will be interesting to see how we fare out. Sometimes too many good players can come back and haunt you, but over the season injuries, suspensions and work can make it difficult so hopefully it will even itself out nicely. It has so far. We've lost in Dublin to bad sides the last two seasons early on in the cup so hopefully that will be sorted out this time round. I could do with some trips on the beer.
    Last edited by Clifford; 05/11/2007 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Me thinks Bingo fancies the long odds the Bookies are offering for the Cork teams to win the Intermediate this year!
    How are Douglas Hall doing this year? They had a great run in the Senior Cup, is Mr Sweeney still pulling the strings?
    Also, does anyone know when the "Open Draw" occurs? is it the 3rd Round? Cork is a wonderful place this time of the year!!!
    Last edited by Row Z; 06/11/2007 at 7:41 AM.
    "if I close my eyes, its not illegal...."

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Avondale and Rockmount for the last 6/7 years have been the main contenders (4 wins between them or something like that). There is always a surprise team like Carrig or Blarney or Douglas Hall, but I've not seen any of them play yet this season so don't know how they went over the summer.

Razor might tell us if Avondale are as strong as last season? there have been a good few changes.
    Dale are almost a totally different side this year. They lost a lot of key players in the summer and we've yet to see if the players brought in can do the business.
    Beat Castleview 4-3 i think in their 1st league game last weekend.
    Playing Intermediate Cup this weekend against Blarney, no such soft draw for the Dale
    Avondale or Rockmount have been involved in all of the last 5 finals, Mount winning in 03/04 and losing 02/03 and 04/05, Dale winning the last 2 and going for a 3 in a row this year.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ye have me sussed!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale Utd 3-2 Blarney Utd
    Blarney missed an early penalty, back pass.
    Dale then went 3 up before having a man sent off and conceding 2 late goals, nervy stuff but they held on.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

3rd Round Draw

Rockmount AFC V Bluebell United FC
    Glebe North FC V Beggsboro AFC / Bangor Celtic FC
    Newtown Rangers FC V Carrigaline United FC / Midleton AFC
    Dalkey United FC V Avondale United FC
    Lissadel United FC V Ringmahon Rangers FC
    CYM Terenure FC V Liffey Pearse FC
    Moyle Park PPFC / Drogheda Town FC V Ballincollig AFC
    Edenderry Town FC V Belgrove FC
    Leeds AFC V Crumlin United FC
    Fanad United FC V Loughshinny United FC / Fairview CYM FC
    Greystones AFC V Douglas Hall FC
    Mount Merrion YMCA / Tolka Rovers FC V Wayside Celtic FC / Larkview Boys FC
    Everton AFC / Fermoy AFC V Celbridge Town FC
    Cherry Orchard FC V Swilly Rovers FC
    Templemount Celtic FC V St. Mary’s AFC
    Kildrum Tigers FC V Confey FC / St. James’s Gate FC

to be played week ending December 9th 2007

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I see Tolka Rovers crashed out early in the competition over the weekend. We played them two years ago and they were by far the best team we played. A big team not in the hat for the next round.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alright lads, i've been playing up in dublin for a while now after playing in the MSL for a few years.

Just to give you the heads up on a few of the dublin teams that the MSL teams got in the intermediate cup:

Rockmount AFC V Bluebell United FC - don't know a lot about bluebell, haven't seen them this year, but they're mid-table in the premier and I reckon the overall standard of the LSL premier is a bit better than that of the MSL, so it will be a tough one. Rockmount to come out on top though - best intermediate team in the country at the moment I reckon.

Newtown Rangers FC V Carrigaline United FC / Midleton AFC - I've seen Newtown this season, they are an average LSL 1st division team. Young team but not a lot of quality. Their pitch is meant to be tight and bumpy though. I fancy Carrig (I presume they'll beat Midleton) to take this tie back to Cork and beat them well there.

Dalkey United FC V Avondale United FC - potential upset on the cards here. Haven't seen dalkey play yet but they've added to their squad with a couple of ex-Eircom League players (I know, they're rarely all they're cracked up to be, but still). Going well in the LSL 1st division. Not sure what their pitch is like, but I can see them pushing Avondale all the way. From what I've heard, Avondale are not as strong as previous seasons. I'm going for a home win here.

Lissadel United FC V Ringmahon Rangers FC - don't know much about them. Going for a draw here.

Moyle Park PPFC / Drogheda Town FC V Ballincollig AFC - Moyle will beat Drogheda. They're an average team though, mid table in the Premier, but I would expect them to come close to relegation. They have a tidy striker, but an average team other than that. With Ballincolling riding high, I'm backing them to win it.

Leeds AFC V Crumlin United FC - Crumlin are still a very good side. Haven't seen leeds in a couple of seasons but up in that pitch anything is possible I suppose. Still fancy Crumlin to have too much quality.

Greystones AFC V Douglas Hall FC - Don't know much about Greystones, but fancy DOuglas Hall to progress here,after extra time or replay. Will be a tough test for the Hall. Usually these country town clubs have nice pitches, so that will suit the Hall. I reckon the Hall are a good outside bet to win the cup outright.

Everton AFC / Fermoy AFC V Celbridge Town FC - don't know a lot about Celbridge either. I reckon Everton (presuming they beat Fermoy) will do enough on their fabulous pitch to progress.

My money is on Rockmount to win it - outside bets are Douglas Hall, Mount Merrion and Glebe North.

That's it lads - comments appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Newtown Rangers v carrick/middleton. Pitch, which is up the Dublin Mountains has a decent surface and is wide. However there is an enormous slope across the pitch and this can be very disorientating for away teams. The away team will have to be able to mix it with the home team, as they play a very physical but fair game

Dalkey v Avondale. Dalkey are managed by ex Shamrock Rovers player Matt Britton, who has recruited quite a few ex-EL players. Their pitch is big but not always kept in the best condition. I reckon they could cause a shock.

Lissadell v Ringmahon. Dell will be very hard to beat on a small narrow pitch in the “quaint“ St Michaels Estate. They are a decent football team though and I would expect them to win.

Celbridge are one of the youngest teams around. They play an attractive game and are top of the 3rd tier of LSL, having won promotion. Two trips to Cork will surely test their mettle.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Dalkey v Avondale. Dalkey are managed by ex Shamrock Rovers player Matt Britton, who has recruited quite a few ex-EL players. Their pitch is big but not always kept in the best condition. I reckon they could cause a shock.
    Dalkey look to have started the season in fine form if the league table is anything to go by. While Avondale have won more games than they have lost this season they do not seem to be playing with the same confidence thay had in previous seasons. Noel Hartigan returning at the back should sort out their recent defensive problems. I wouldn't be too confident going into this one. Any idea of what the pitch is like. (Flat, Long, wide, bumpy??)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast