Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ireland "Football" team vs. Cyprus - Post Match Discussion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bennocelt

If Stan walks he doesn't get the rest of his contract as a pay off. If he's sacked he's entitled to a payout of around 1,000,000 Euro. What would you do in those circumstances?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    You're wasting your breath. They've already said that they'd thumb their noses up at 800K and do the "honourable" thing. Easy to say in print of course but there is no way most sensible people would do such a thing when they face another 30 years without a job!! Lots of moral high horses around

On a totally different issue, what was the Cypriot sent off for in the last minute? Was at the game but didn't see the incident and haven't seen any replay on tv.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    You're wasting your breath. They've already said that they'd thumb their noses up at 800K and do the "honourable" thing. Easy to say in print of course but there is no way most sensible people would do such a thing when they face another 30 years without a job!! Lots of moral high horses around

On a totally different issue, what was the Cypriot sent off for in the last minute? Was at the game but didn't see the incident and haven't seen any replay on tv.

He is a multi millionasire and has significant property interests. He did very nicely out of football and invested wisely.

He must have known from very early on he was not up to the job particularly after the shambles in Nicosia.

He could have negotiated a payoff then. If you hang on and force the issue then you can hardly moan about the media and fans etc.

He could have negotiated a payoff a year ago, taken a decent figure and left with dignity.

Now he won't be remembered as the player who played 102 times for his country and went to 3 world cups. He'll be the incompetent clueless muppet who remained in charge of our national team too long and made it a laughing stock.

It may be at a different level but in a previous company a former colleague who had been made redundant twice before got himself a new job in the early stages of things going pear shaped. He said you earn every penny of your redundancy money. I was never made redundant but given what subsequently transpired would tend to agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    gspain , i heard that he was financially in a bit of a pickle before the fai hired him. if i was him i would wait until i was sacked as well. it is a serious amount of cash to be walking away from regardless of whether he is a millionaire or not.
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its probably why the FAI hired him.

Stan:Hey John, you dont have any good jobs coming up in the FAI. I will do anything really put out a few cones etc.

John D: Ahh Stan, we do indeed have a job for you. How about managing the Senior Team

Stan: Does that mean I am the gaffer. Jesus I am bamboozled John.

John D: Good word Stan,good word.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

I've read somewhere (I must have bought 5 or 6 papers for the plane home in the hope that an official source had confirmed Stan was on his way!!) that it was for spitting at Kilbane. I suppose if we'd won 3 or 4 nil it would have got more column inches.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was at the game too but actually saw the incident. The scumbag spat at Kilbane and Kevin was fit to burst him - don't know how he refrained from clocking him one!

...you do like using that 'high horse' analogy OwlsFan

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    ...you do like using that 'high horse' analogy OwlsFan

I do. It amuses me that some people here would claim that if they weren't doing a good job for Ireland, they'd resign with no prospect of future work of any sort rather than get a hand out of €800k - all for the good of the country. The trouble is that (a) people seldom think they're doing a bad job and believe everyone else is at fault and (b) no matter how much money you have, 800k is not to be sneezed at especially if you've no prospect of employment for the next 30 years, not even putting the cones out at Walsall.

The madness was giving him a 4 year contract and he's entitled, just as anyone else is, to be paid if the other party severs the contract.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,350 Posts
    Problem is that, unlike the rest of us, he doesn't need to work for the next 30 years. Makes a big dent in your argument.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also, he could work if he wanted to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Well you're the last person I'd take notice of or listen to on here.
    Like I give a f.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    Delaney promised us a Ferrari and delivered a Fiat
    He promised us a Ferrari, and delivered a Lada.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMilla View Post
    gspain , i heard that he was financially in a bit of a pickle before the fai hired him. if i was him i would wait until i was sacked as well. it is a serious amount of cash to be walking away from regardless of whether he is a millionaire or not.
    He made £1 million recently just be refinancing some property deals. I wouldn't mind being in a pickle like that. Word has it a "friend" was in the same property deal although he probably said "et tu brutus" to him on Thursday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    He made £1 million recently just be refinancing some property deals. I wouldn't mind being in a pickle like that. Word has it a "friend" was in the same property deal although he probably said "et tu brutus" to him on Thursday.
    How do you know all this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Praha View Post
    How do you know all this?
    It's the rumor going around, I've heard it as well but I have no idea if it's true.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    A rumour with a bit of embellishment presented as fact, standards please ladies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    It's the rumor going around, I've heard it as well but I have no idea if it's true.
    Yup, I heard it from a taxi driver though, which probably guarantees it's not true...
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678