Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minutes silence at Kildare game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Minutes silence at Kildare game

I hope the club have a minutes silence on saturday night for the Harps fan that died on Friday night. It would be a nice gesture from the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Very good point, should be done really. Was a terrible sight to see, the result was the last thing on peoples minds then.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Lads, a very kind jesture and one very much appreciated by all us up at Harps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    It will be said to some1 on committee soon, up to them wheter they do it.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Spoke to Pats wife at the funeral today, Mr.T said to her about yer plans and she was really chuffed to bits about it. The family really appreciate the jesture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Spoke to Pats wife at the funeral today, Mr.T said to her about yer plans and she was really chuffed to bits about it. The family really appreciate the jesture.
    Its only a small gesture, im sure ye would have done the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fair play to ye lads!! Do you mind me asking te what happened? Reading this thread a few minutes ago was the first thing I had heard about this tragic incident. Well done to everyone involved with Cobh. Great idea.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Fair play to ye lads!! Do you mind me asking te what happened? Reading this thread a few minutes ago was the first thing I had heard about this tragic incident. Well done to everyone involved with Cobh. Great idea.
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks to Cobh for the nice gesture. It seemed to mean a lot to the mans family that he'd be remembered in Cobh this weekend too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From what I heard about this man he was a true supporter of Finn Harps, since 1969. He left a wife and family behind, 3 girls and a boy I think. On Saturday against Kildare its been decided that a minutes silence will not take place. Instead the club have sent their condolences to Finn Harps and the club secretary will contact the mans family in person also. Also last week a good clubman of Ramblers passed away, Oliver Frahill. Thanks Sam Heggy for the info. May they both rest in peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    From what I heard about this man he was a true supporter of Finn Harps, since 1969. He left a wife and family behind, 3 girls and a boy I think. On Saturday against Kildare its been decided that a minutes silence will not take place. Instead the club have sent their condolences to Finn Harps and the club secretary will contact the mans family in person also. Also last week a good clubman of Ramblers passed away, Oliver Frahill. Thanks Sam Heggy for the info. May they both rest in peace.
    who decided that
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. A minutes silence for both men would have been a rather nice gesture. I assume that the Club might be afraid that if they do it now they'd be getting asked to do it every week. Having said that though, I'd have thought though that as the Harps supporters death was at a game involving Ramblers that humanity would have taken the leap over politics.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. A minutes silence for both men would have been a rather nice gesture. I assume that the Club might be afraid that if they do it now they'd be getting asked to do it every week. Having said that though, I'd have thought though that as the Harps supporters death was at a game involving Ramblers that humanity would have taken the leap over politics.
    was under impression it was happening, the mans wife was even told about it, common decency should prevail and not some guy in a blazer objecting, have been very supportive of current committee but this is a bit of a joke
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    On Saturday against Kildare its been decided that a minutes silence will not take place. Instead the club have sent their condolences to Finn Harps and the club secretary will contact the mans family in person also. Also last week a good clubman of Ramblers passed away, Oliver Frahill. Thanks Sam Heggy for the info. May they both rest in peace.
    FFS talk about good PR.

Don't you mean Oliver Fraher....
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Surely it should happen lads how could someone object to this, obviously you have the point of everybody requesting it for all family members, but this fella died watching rams supporting harps, the team the supporters the manager and chairman witnessed it, traumatic thing to see, seriously think this should be reconsidered. And quick.Oliver Fraher your right Drinkfeckarse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Surely it should happen lads how could someone object to this, obviously you have the point of everybody requesting it for all family members, but this fella died watching rams supporting harps, the team the supporters the manager and chairman witnessed it, traumatic thing to see, seriously think this should be reconsidered. And quick.Oliver Fraher your right Drinkfeckarse.
    FFS is right, it happened at a ramblers match, i just want to know what idiot made this decision, look at the posts from the harps fans, one of them sent me a link to their forum and the amount of posts from harps fans praising ramblers was unreal, for gods sake even the limerick fans said something nice. Whoever took the decision should take into account the supporters views and not his own stupid logic.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    FFS is right, it happened at a ramblers match, i just want to know what idiot made this decision, look at the posts from the harps fans, one of them sent me a link to their forum and the amount of posts from harps fans praising ramblers was unreal, for gods sake even the limerick fans said something nice. Whoever took the decision should take into account the supporters views and not his own stupid logic.
    I agree that this should be looked at again. I mean FFS, what's a minute other than 60 seconds as a mark of respect for a footballing supporter. I'm actually quite shocked that this has been denied. This could end up being more bad PR on top of everything else recently. We'll have yer man 'Spillage' from the Echo penning his bit as soon as he hears about it or reads it here. Should take up half of the back page again.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in all fairness its 60 seconds b4 the match to show the family and friends of this supporter that we care and offer our condolences...bad decision by whoever made it...
    "history is good but it only emphasises recent failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I agree that this should be looked at again. I mean FFS, what's a minute other than 60 seconds as a mark of respect for a footballing supporter. I'm actually quite shocked that this has been denied. This could end up being more bad PR on top of everything else recently. We'll have yer man 'Spillage' from the Echo penning his bit as soon as he hears about it or reads it here. Should take up half of the back page again.
    spot on, i dont think the team would have any problem doing it so y would some idiot on the committe say no to a mark of respect for someone, im baffled to say the least, hopefully someone on the committee reads these posts and can see the feelings of the fans

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads when did logic ever come in to it with Cobh Ramblers.

A mark of respect is appropriate on 2 counts for the poor man at last weeks match and Oliver!!! RIP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i can understand what ye are saying, as it is a terrible thing to happen that a man dies at a game or anywhere for that matter. but i dont think there has to be a minutes silence in cobh saturday, that is in no way in disrespect to that man. i dont know how to say it but........... u cant be having a minutes silence for every1 that dies. does it matter anyway to the man???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast