Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobh Ramblers 2 Wexford Youths 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Cobh Ramblers 2 Wexford Youths 2

lads never thought i would be so happy with a draw, i honestly thought we would comfortable beat them, but we were one nil down before i even got to my standing spot, we got a peach of a goal backe good man cummins georgous goal, then we had mucky sent off, didnt get a good look form where i was but was told he had to go as he stopped it going into the net with his hands, they of course scored the resulting peno, that was the first half,
    second half we absoulutely hammered them off the pitch but that goal looked like it was never gonna come, and it was a fairley bad tempered match all the same, surprise only one sent off, cards were being given out everwhere, wexford are a bunch of divers they spent more time rolling on the ground than i did in bed last night,
    entered 90 minutes and no goal to be seen then 94 minutes we get a peno reilly missed it, but got the follow up we were denied another clear goal for some unknon reason before the peno, but i was just delighted we didnt loose wexford are a bogey team no doubt, but we now need to get something off harps if they beat us the overtake us and i think once there ahead theyll stay there, and were stuck to a playoff against dundalk,

c'mon the rams we can beat those c***s

must say the attendance tinight was a f***in disgrace whats wrong with people
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    harps will have a massive crowd next week. they all come out for the big games! the winner next week will win the league i think, if its a draw, who knows! whats the story with play offs this year?
    2nd V 3rd in a semi final and the winner plays 2nd bottom from the premier is it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    People generally not interested in getting off their sofas and attending games. Much easier support for the comfort of the sofa or highstool.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    when you think of it, it is weird in this country where any general sports fan will attend their own counties GAA matches but won't bother their a**ses going to a football match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As i said the other day, wexford had taked up to five points from us before tonight, a draw and a win to them. i never felt so delighted after a draw as i did tonight. i think that wexford are a very poor team, diving and their rubbish football. they dont even try to play a bit of football, its like damage limitation from kick off. next week we will be without barret and a few more, does anyone know if theres more????

hopefully davin will be back, we missed him tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    It happened last night with harps and tonight with cobh...lucky as fcuk
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Tell ye now, from the bottom of my heart dont want to upset anybody but these are very fair comments, mick wallace is a legend, fact, what he has done for wexford is nothing far from miraculous, and a real dream story, off the field. But on the field wexford are nothing far from a ****in joke, for 90 mins, neutrals will tell you they had nobody in our half its disgusting to see, they got their point and it was like juventus winning the serie a or whatever **** comes out of his mouth, to see a team diving "getting cramp" after 20 mins is a joke, they prob spend more time practising how to waste time than we do on shots. There a joke team, and quiet honestly dont desereve to be in the EL because there not a EL team, end of, kilkenny came down to us and attacked us for 35 mins, respect to them, wexford could have lost us the league tonighty by doing what ****ing we'd do in springers, put 11 in our own half and pray for luck. ****e. The team were outstanding, john meade is a hero to me, likewise hendo, bilko, carey,murray, guthrie, cambridge(passionate or what, trying to get the fans going) coleman, kearney, davin, barrett, mucky, mikey, cummins, and o reilly, conor meade did superb for peno too. There all heroes to me, their passion tonight summed our season up, and no matter what the outcome is, their up there with the greatest of rams players. What a leader kev murray was tonight btw.

Good point tonight lads, were behind you 100% next week. Roll on harps. pity muckys out, but couldnt say a bad word bout him if i tried Tue Legend. Supporters were top class tonight too. Ref was brutal, but i dont expect fair refereeing anymore.
    Last edited by bellavistaman; 23/09/2007 at 7:41 PM. Reason: spelling ;-)
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny2K7 View Post
    It happened last night with harps and tonight with cobh...lucky as fcuk
    what happened with harps last i saw they won
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    what happened with harps last i saw they won
    yea they got a last minute win just like yourselves...lucky as fcuk imo
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Tell ye now, from the bottom of my heart donmt want to upset anybody but these are very fair comments, mick wallace is a legend, fact, what he has done for wexford is nothing far from miraculous, and a real dream story, off the field. But on the field wexford wexford are othing far froma ****in joke, for 90 mins, neutrals will tell you they had nody in our half its disgusting to see, they got there point and it was like juventus winning the serie a or whatever **** comes out of his mouth, to see a team diving "getting cramp" after 20 mins is a joke, they prob spenmd more time practising how to waste time than we do on shots. There a joke team, and quiet honestly dont desereve to be in the EL because there not a EL team, end of, kilkeeny came down to us and attacked us for 35 mins, respect to them, wexford could have lost us the league tonighty by doing what ****ing we'd do in springers, put 11 in our own half and pray forluck. ****e. The team were outstanding, john meade is a hero to me, likewise hendo, bilko, carey,murray, guthrie, cambridge(passionate or what, trying to get the fans going) coleman, kearney, davin, barrett, mucky, mikey, cummins, and o reilly, conor meade did superb for peno too. There all heroes to me, their passion tonight summed our season up, and no matter what the outcome is, their up there with the greatest of rams players. What a leader kev murray was tonight btw.

Good point tonight lads, were behind you 100% next week. Roll on harps. pity muckys out, but couldnt say a bad word bout him if i tried Tue Legend. Supporters were top class tonight too. Ref was brutal, but i dont expect fair refereeing anymore.
    People say we're boring,beacause we're never scoring,but we'll just keep adoring the famous wexford youths!

haha,at least we're scoring goals now!
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The reality is that Wexford did what they set out to do last night and that was get a result. Away from home they set up with 5 at the back. If anything Hendo got the tactics wrong we should have played 3 at the back and 3 up front sat someone on top of the Sweeper we may have had more joy.

They got out of their own half twice and scored twice we should learn from that. You have to take your chances when they come.

Who ever wins next week will win the league if it is a draw we have the tougher games still left against Shels and Dundalk. It going to be down to the last game unless rams get the 3 points next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Just a note to back up Rambler's last post. Not sure where it is coming from (Wallace, Dolan or O'Connor - but I would suspect Wallace), but there is a shrewd footballing brain behind Wexford this year which is showing in our performances rather than our results. I can only get to see our home matches, but there has been an impressive improvement in the way our team has been set up for our matches this year given that most of the team have come from junior football in Wexford which, Wallace's efforts in under-age football excepted, is not generally of a high level as shown by our lack of success over the years in competitions such as the Oscar Traynor or FAI Junior and we don't have any teams in the Leinster Senior League with access to the Intermediate Cup.

Sounds like we did a very professional job last night. Two previous Rambler posters have said we play crap football and have finished up by saying that they were happy with a point. This is the league leaders against second from bottom! Nuff said, I think!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I reckon that whoever wins next week will not necessarily win the league, even if Harps do they will only be a point ahead of us and it's psycholigically hard to stay focused on beating the so called softer teams if the teams behind you are keeping the pressure on. That happened to us last night and will happen to Harps even if they did manage to beat us next week.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Tell ye now, from the bottom of my heart donmt want to upset anybody but these are very fair comments, mick wallace is a legend, fact, what he has done for wexford is nothing far from miraculous, and a real dream story, off the field. But on the field wexford wexford are othing far froma ****in joke, for 90 mins, neutrals will tell you they had nody in our half its disgusting to see, they got there point and it was like juventus winning the serie a or whatever **** comes out of his mouth, to see a team diving "getting cramp" after 20 mins is a joke, they prob spenmd more time practising how to waste time than we do on shots. There a joke team, and quiet honestly dont desereve to be in the EL because there not a EL team, end of, kilkeeny came down to us and attacked us for 35 mins, respect to them, wexford could have lost us the league tonighty by doing what ****ing we'd do in springers, put 11 in our own half and pray forluck. ****e. The team were outstanding, john meade is a hero to me, likewise hendo, bilko, carey,murray, guthrie, cambridge(passionate or what, trying to get the fans going) coleman, kearney, davin, barrett, mucky, mikey, cummins, and o reilly, conor meade did superb for peno too. There all heroes to me, their passion tonight summed our season up, and no matter what the outcome is, their up there with the greatest of rams players. What a leader kev murray was tonight btw.

spot on, can anybody tell me where the f**k does mick wallace buy his clothes, he looked like Barney's stunt double after the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Oxfam!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Just a note to back up Rambler's last post. Not sure where it is coming from (Wallace, Dolan or O'Connor - but I would suspect Wallace), but there is a shrewd footballing brain behind Wexford this year which is showing in our performances rather than our results. I can only get to see our home matches, but there has been an impressive improvement in the way our team has been set up for our matches this year given that most of the team have come from junior football in Wexford which, Wallace's efforts in under-age football excepted, is not generally of a high level as shown by our lack of success over the years in competitions such as the Oscar Traynor or FAI Junior and we don't have any teams in the Leinster Senior League with access to the Intermediate Cup.

Sounds like we did a very professional job last night. Two previous Rambler posters have said we play crap football and have finished up by saying that they were happy with a point. This is the league leaders against second from bottom! Nuff said, I think!!
    Well, if you call defending for long periods with 10 men in your own area professional, your keeper taking an age over goal kicks, frees etc, one or two players going down with 'injuries' to disrupt the attacking flow then yes I suppose you could call it professional. You had two attacks of any note and scored but for the rest of the game you defended constantly.
    BTW how your number 11 stayed on after a horrendous tackle on Guthrie is beyond me, Ref was v. poor and the 4 minutes stoppage time at the end was taking the p***, there should have been at least 6.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Oxfam!
    Thank you, just a quick note on Ken Coleman, had my doubts about him but must say he was outstanding last night. MOM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Comic Book, can't comment on the horrendous tackle but Wexford's discipline is generally extremely good with very few yellow cards and I remember only one red (Larkin) this season.

But have to pick up on the logic of our own posting. You are the league leaders and you have allowed a visiting team score two goals from two attacks. That is Santa Claus stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    lads never thought i would be so happy with a draw, i honestly thought we would comfortable beat them, but we were one nil down before i even got to my standing spot, we got a peach of a goal backe good man cummins georgous goal, then we had mucky sent off, didnt get a good look form where i was but was told he had to go as he stopped it going into the net with his hands, they of course scored the resulting peno, that was the first half,
    second half we absoulutely hammered them off the pitch but that goal looked like it was never gonna come, and it was a fairley bad tempered match all the same, surprise only one sent off, cards were being given out everwhere, wexford are a bunch of divers they spent more time rolling on the ground than i did in bed last night,
    entered 90 minutes and no goal to be seen then 94 minutes we get a peno reilly missed it, but got the follow up we were denied another clear goal for some unknon reason before the peno, but i was just delighted we didnt loose wexford are a bogey team no doubt, but we now need to get something off harps if they beat us the overtake us and i think once there ahead theyll stay there, and were stuck to a playoff against dundalk,

c'mon the rams we can beat those c***s

must say the attendance tinight was a f***in disgrace whats wrong with people
    Gota say Don I was very ****ed off at the attendance, love to know why they just didnt show up. Nothng was done different in promoting his game. So Why the no Show? Was it the rain! or the sinking of the Titanic again! that drew them away. TH REAL FANS at the game were excellant and it was be due to there non stop support that we came away with a point. We have 3 home games left and the club has the greatest chance of getting somewhere. Despite all politics, the back stabbing, the double agents out there that are trying to derail everything good about the club we still have a chance, I am so annoyed that their was only 467 at the game. I'm only a new fish to the club but I have lived in Cobh and follwed Ramblers all my life. I just cannot understand why people cannot get off the stools spend an hour with their kids and support a team and manager that has been a revalation this season. The attitude of the players when asked to attend schools is first class, the manager if he were with any other would be lauded week in week out by the press for what he has done, as do the people behind the scenes who I work with only want the best for the club. So for fcuks sake lads lets get these people back and lets get fcuking promoted.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    Thank you, just a quick note on Ken Coleman, had my doubts about him but must say he was outstanding last night. MOM
    Kenny was top class last night but i think he was outshon by Kevin Murray. What a player he is, it's like John Terry in our defence and when he went upfront he was unbelievable. Player of the season so far in my opinion.
    Last edited by rambler14; 23/09/2007 at 12:54 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast