Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cobh Ramblers 2 Wexford Youths 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I can't quite put my finger on why the crowds aren't better, but I'd have to say there is a terrible attitude by some Cobh people who take delight in knocking the efforts of others, not just in sport but in general. I know it exists in other towns and cties the length of the land but we seem to have got more than our share in this town.
    Thank God for Paul Reidy, he is doing a bang up job.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    Well, if you call defending for long periods with 10 men in your own area professional, your keeper taking an age over goal kicks, frees etc, one or two players going down with 'injuries' to disrupt the attacking flow then yes I suppose you could call it professional. You had two attacks of any note and scored but for the rest of the game you defended constantly.
    BTW how your number 11 stayed on after a horrendous tackle on Guthrie is beyond me, Ref was v. poor and the 4 minutes stoppage time at the end was taking the p***, there should have been at least 6.
    Ah, I remember whining at Cobh about the exact same things just three short years ago!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Heard Guthrie is in trouble with his neck, dunno if it has anything to do with the tackle but fingers crossed. Hope davins back too.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    fair play your more than welcome to all our games too. Marco is Paul Reidy the press officer it think is his official term, he does all ther advertising for the club and promotes the games and the club. Doing a good job.
    OMG Bella what a thing to call me! and to use my name on this site, don't you know my wisa is expired!! I am the club promotions officer. poster making, road signing put outer, organiser of dancers, half time games, school visits, anti racism projects, programme sub editor, photographer, food van getter. I am the son of Kaiser Soza

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Food van getter, ha.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Put all your biased aside, close your eyes and have a real good think about it. I stated earlier in this thread that Cobh is Cobh and when has Cobh ever supported it's own? It's even harder now that we have half of Cork City living here as well. I just can't ever see it being like the old days again. I wonder is the pricing too high for some people?
    "the old days" enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Kenny was top class last night but i think he was outshon by Kevin Murray. What a player he is, it's like John Terry in our defence and when he went upfront he was unbelievable. Player of the season so far in my opinion.
    dont rate kenny but had class game on sat. keep it up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    "the old days" enough said
    Nah Nah! Don't go branding me as one of the 'Ramblers old school' pal. I'm far from it and if you knew me you'd realise that. My post and the terminology used was about support numbers at games. I may be forty odd but am certainly noit one of the 'old school'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nah Nah! Don't go branding me as one of the 'Ramblers old school' pal. I'm far from it and if you knew me you'd realise that. My post and the terminology used was about support numbers at games. I may be forty odd but am certainly noit one of the 'old school'
    u sound like one of them..did ya get board of da other forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    IMO,i dont know where you would start calling people old school,but if you were around in the eightys and the now famous 83 cup run then looking at age,fortys is it,then i would have to scratch my head and wonder,because as a kid at the rams games in the late eightys,and being only early 30's,where is the old school,or the old days if you prefer,where would you start..
    Football is more than just a game,it's life..!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id love to know wherte these attendance figures come from, there was a far bigger attendane than the figure given. the top stand can hold 500, and it was packed. the north side of the ground wasnt full but that would take 2000 to 2500 to fill that, there was at least 200 to 300 on that side.

the "officiial" attendance figures have surprised me on a number of occasions this season, thyey seem to be understated constantly, for example, the shelbourne game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffer33 View Post
    IMO,i dont know where you would start calling people old school,but if you were around in the eightys and the now famous 83 cup run then looking at age,fortys is it,then i would have to scratch my head and wonder,because as a kid at the rams games in the late eightys,and being only early 30's,where is the old school,or the old days if you prefer,where would you start..

Care to translate that gaffer33!!??
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depor View Post
    the "officiial" attendance figures have surprised me on a number of occasions this season, thyey seem to be understated constantly, for example, the shelbourne game.
    Lets not get into that one....
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    In terms of aging, then I supposed I could be classed as 'old school' but in terms of the way the club is and should be run, then I'm very much a youngster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In terms of aging, then I supposed I could be classed as 'old school' but in terms of the way the club is and should be run, then I'm very much a youngster
    Fair comment luka,is it the day to day running of the club that annoys you or would you have other ideas on running the club ,or will you be in the running come the a.g.m...
    Football is more than just a game,it's life..!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Fair comment luka,is it the day to day running of the club that annoys you or would you have other ideas on running the club ,or will you be in the running come the a.g.m...
    Nah!! The current running of the club doesn't annoy me at all. I'd maybe look to improve and change some of the ways the club as a whole do one or two things, but generally I believe the current guys do a pretty good job.

As for my running at the AGM...........highly unlikely, and not because I wouldn't like to but because I couldn't commit the time. I've got a background in certain areas that the club might benifit from but like I say, time is an issue. I'll be using my two votes wisely enough though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gaffer33 for chairman

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the good the bad and the ugly

lads the stand was jammed last night, 400 alone in there and maybe 2-300 in the terrces no way was the attendance 467, not a hope in hell it was bad but not that bad,

lads i was in the stand with the youths supporters,educated guess i reckoned there was at least 700.totally agree with nearly all yer match comments,only exception was the diving,i can only remember 2 incidents,the 1st was gar larkin,he was spitting up blood after landing on his back and was taken from the field,the one that started all the trouble was patsy,can't give explanation on that.enjoyed the banter in the stand,took ye a while to get going,but no shutting ye up after that.have said it before on our own site,cobh are the best footballing side in the first division,can you blame us for defending with 8 players and 3 goalkeepers.we do attack more at home.and miles to go before we sleep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kopite View Post
    lads the stand was jammed last night, 400 alone in there and maybe 2-300 in the terrces no way was the attendance 467, not a hope in hell it was bad but not that bad,

lads i was in the stand with the youths supporters,educated guess i reckoned there was at least 700.totally agree with nearly all yer match comments,only exception was the diving,i can only remember 2 incidents,the 1st was gar larkin,he was spitting up blood after landing on his back and was taken from the field,the one that started all the trouble was patsy,can't give explanation on that.enjoyed the banter in the stand,took ye a while to get going,but no shutting ye up after that.have said it before on our own site,cobh are the best footballing side in the first division,can you blame us for defending with 8 players and 3 goalkeepers.we do attack more at home.and miles to go before we sleep.

Very fair comments there but seriously i think on a night like saturday most teams can disrupt bigger teams, was very disapointed to see it being done from minute 2, made ye look very bad on the night and surely ye as fans deserve more than that. But i do really have great time for the hole wexford romance story thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    also lads what did ye think of wexfords bus, was tempted to throw a rock at it cause it looked so good, what would one of those cost, would be a handy thing to have for the club, all theyd have to pay is matanence on it, fuel, and get somone to drive it, would it be worth entertainin if it would be more cost effective in the long run,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast