Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cobh Ramblers 2 Wexford Youths 2

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Gota say Don I was very ****ed off at the attendance, love to know why they just didnt show up. Nothng was done different in promoting his game. So Why the no Show? Was it the rain! or the sinking of the Titanic again! that drew them away. TH REAL FANS at the game were excellant and it was be due to there non stop support that we came away with a point. We have 3 home games left and the club has the greatest chance of getting somewhere. Despite all politics, the back stabbing, the double agents out there that are trying to derail everything good about the club we still have a chance, I am so annoyed that their was only 467 at the game. I'm only a new fish to the club but I have lived in Cobh and follwed Ramblers all my life. I just cannot understand why people cannot get off the stools spend an hour with their kids and support a team and manager that has been a revalation this season. The attitude of the players when asked to attend schools is first class, the manager if he were with any other would be lauded week in week out by the press for what he has done, as do the people behind the scenes who I work with only want the best for the club. So for fcuks sake lads lets get these people back and lets get fcuking promoted.

Maybe the fact we only have one covered stand is putting people off coming on wet nights. Only the die-hards showed their face saturday night.

Did the lads remember to take their tents off the pitch last night? The Wexford half was covered in them last night!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rambler14; 23/09/2007 at 11:55 AM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    must say the attendance tinight was a f***in disgrace whats wrong with people
    FFS Don Ramo. This is Cobh man. When the **** have they ever supported their own? It's a known fact that to get on in this town you need to be a blow-in. I grew up here and the whole ****ing town is a big click. You're either in or out. Simple as that. That's why Ramblers will never have big support. Having said that, wait for the last game of the season. I reckon there was about 300 there last night. A combination of bad weather and poor promotion doesn't add up to a good turn out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Gota say Don I was very ****ed off at the attendance, love to know why they just didnt show up. Nothng was done different in promoting his game. So Why the no Show? Was it the rain! or the sinking of the Titanic again! that drew them away. TH REAL FANS at the game were excellant and it was be due to there non stop support that we came away with a point. We have 3 home games left and the club has the greatest chance of getting somewhere. Despite all politics, the back stabbing, the double agents out there that are trying to derail everything good about the club we still have a chance, I am so annoyed that their was only 467 at the game. I'm only a new fish to the club but I have lived in Cobh and follwed Ramblers all my life. I just cannot understand why people cannot get off the stools spend an hour with their kids and support a team and manager that has been a revalation this season. The attitude of the players when asked to attend schools is first class, the manager if he were with any other would be lauded week in week out by the press for what he has done, as do the people behind the scenes who I work with only want the best for the club. So for fcuks sake lads lets get these people back and lets get fcuking promoted.
    Weather had a big bearing on attendance Marco, sooner stand is ready all the better for the club. Must say fantastic job in promoting game again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    . I reckon there was about 300 there last night. A combination of bad weather and poor promotion doesn't add up to a good turn out.
    I cant believe that. We will prob have near that amount travelling to Monaghan and if all is still going well, for the last game of the season we should have a fair few in Kilkenny.
    We are expecting a good crowd for next friday night, maybe the football and hurling achievments mean that soccer has taken a major back seat in Co.Cork? The fact that our football and hurling teams r **** might help us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    A combination of bad weather and poor promotion doesn't add up to a good turn out.
    Welcome back, cant blame marco in any way at all, promotion has being top class.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    Weather had a big bearing on attendance Marco, sooner stand is ready all the better for the club. Must say fantastic job in promoting game again.
    Agreed.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    FFS Don Ramo. This is Cobh man. When the **** have they ever supported their own? It's a known fact that to get on in this town you need to be a blow-in. I grew up here and the whole ****ing town is a big click. You're either in or out. Simple as that. That's why Ramblers will never have big support. Having said that, wait for the last game of the season. I reckon there was about 300 there last night. A combination of bad weather and poor promotion doesn't add up to a good turn out.
    actually 4 years ago under davey hill we were getting crowds of 1600 plus in the second half of the season, every game, where are these people now did they all move away, games are well advertised no doubt, but something changed in the last few years i dont know what it is, but something has changed and we need to find out what, weather is no excuse, as 4 years ago we were playin in winter and ive seen bigger crowds at worse weather than that, id love to put my finger on the problem with these people but i just cant quiet see it
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    You're certainly not the only club going through the same experience- a few years ago we found it far easier to draw good crowds. It seems to be harder and harder to get decent numbers out for normal league games.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Welcome back, cant blame marco in any way at all, promotion has being top class.
    Not blaming Marco at all. I just think we need to revise or put more funds into our promotion strategy. Promotion needs to be vigorous to attract attention and increase attendence. Maybe start utilizing Media avenues. Costly I know but it may produce results.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post

Agreed.
    Agreed?????????????? FFS, the seated area was practically empty last night so what difference will the new stand make J

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Weather had a big bearing on attendance Marco, sooner stand is ready all the better for the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Surprised the crowd was that low, I thought that there was more in the stand, bout 300,looked that way anyhow. I know we dropped two points last night but in the context a 94th minute goal was like a winner, one thing though the spirit in the team is unreal, how many late goals have we got this year?
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    Surprised the crowd was that low, I thought that there was more in the stand, bout 300,looked that way anyhow. I know we dropped two points last night but in the context a 94th minute goal was like a winner, one thing though the spirit in the team is unreal, how many late goals have we got this year?
    In context we were lucky there was a 94th minute!!!!
    Last edited by luka; 23/09/2007 at 2:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ?, seated area looked fairly busy to me last night, agree with you on utilising media outlets, local ones would probably do it for free but if people wont come to watch a team unbeaten in 27 games I dont know how in gods name we can get more people in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    ?, seated area looked fairly busy to me last night, agree with you on utilising media outlets, local ones would probably do it for free but if people wont come to watch a team unbeaten in 27 games I dont know how in gods name we can get more people in.
    Put all your biased aside, close your eyes and have a real good think about it. I stated earlier in this thread that Cobh is Cobh and when has Cobh ever supported it's own? It's even harder now that we have half of Cork City living here as well. I just can't ever see it being like the old days again. I wonder is the pricing too high for some people?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I wonder is the pricing too high for some people?
    Do you think if there was no admission price that the ground would be full?
    I personally don't think so anyway. If there was a film on at the cinema and it was free in sure people would assume the film is crap. No for whatever reason people just won't support the eircom league and this is not just a cobh thing, it's all round the country. People have their own reasons, summer football, wrong night, football is crap, not enough locals, no bar, no cover, too cold, too wet, too sunny, etc. well maybe not too sunny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Seated area was jammers i was there mysef.
    Agreed?????????????? FFS, the seated area was practically empty last night so what difference will the new stand make J
    I was agreeing with the point that marco is doing a great job actually.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I was agreeing with the point that marco is doing a great job actually.[/quote]
    Who is Marco?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    Who is Marco?
    if you dont know who marco is then your not a rams supporter,

lads the stand was jammed last night, 400 alone in there and maybe 2-300 in the terrces no way was the attendance 467, not a hope in hell it was bad but not that bad,

harps friday im working cant get it off, but are many going, was hopeing it would be switched to sunday would have proably taken a spin up but friday is a no no, for me anyway its a bit of a spin.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    if you dont know who marco is then your not a rams supporter.
    No, I'm not a Rams supporter - well not as you'd term a supporter, but I do have a real interest in the Rams. I have been at quite a few Rams games in St Coleman's and have always enjoyed my overnight stays in beautiful Cobh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    No, I'm not a Rams supporter - well not as you'd term a supporter, but I do have a real interest in the Rams. I have been at quite a few Rams games in St Coleman's and have always enjoyed my overnight stays in beautiful Cobh.
    fair play your more than welcome to all our games too. Marco is Paul Reidy the press officer it think is his official term, he does all ther advertising for the club and promotes the games and the club. Doing a good job.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast