Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Turkish Wives Club!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Turkish Wives Club!

Just watched the Late Late Show online and saw the three wans on there going on about Turkish men, or in their case, boys. I'm fairly open minded, but are these women on crack? The Lady, Eileen, looked liked she could beat the living **** out of you if you disagreed with her. The two Turkish lads in the audience were very skeptical of them. I had to laugh at the younger Turkish lad, who is married to an Irish woman his own age, using some local lingo, i.e. 'chancers', 'holidays' etc. Anyway, fair play to them or are they just skangers?

Just a footnote, the Eileen lady came out with some gems. "If ya had a hump on yer back and a marble eye, you'd get picked up in dat place" or when she was asked if she was on the rebound..." Dee only way to get over a man is to get under anudder"
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just watching it now.
    You've got to admire how they sandwich a grieving family talking about their father dying after an assault between a guy squeezing himself through tennis rackets and a woman talking about how great kick-boxing is.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Just watching it now.
    You've got to admire how they sandwich a grieving family talking about their father dying after an assault between a guy squeezing himself through tennis rackets and a woman talking about how great kick-boxing is.
    I noticed that too. First a family on talking about their loved ones been beaten to death on our streets and then they show a clip of a young woman beating the living daylights out of another woman in a boxing ring. How thoughtless.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    The programme that they were on was so cringeworthy I could only watch for a few mins.

In fairness, when I was in Turkey with my then husband and was 6 months pregnant, I got flirted with non-stop. I was given presents by men because of my blue eyes and black hair. Our waiter in the hotel flirted at every meal & drove my hubby mad. But I think it is just that alot of Turkish men see that a good way to keep tourists happy is to flirt and be friendly, doesnt mean you will pull!

Now where did I leave my passport & ticket to Turkey!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Saw the actual programme. That Eileen one would wreck yer head.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Saw the actual programme. That Eileen one would wreck yer head.
    In more ways than one!
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish View Post
    Just watched the Late Late Show online and saw the three wans on there going on about Turkish men, or in their case, boys. I'm fairly open minded, but are these women on crack? The Lady, Eileen, looked liked she could beat the living **** out of you if you disagreed with her. The two Turkish lads in the audience were very skeptical of them. I had to laugh at the younger Turkish lad, who is married to an Irish woman his own age, using some local lingo, i.e. 'chancers', 'holidays' etc. Anyway, fair play to them or are they just skangers?

Just a footnote, the Eileen lady came out with some gems. "If ya had a hump on yer back and a marble eye, you'd get picked up in dat place" or when she was asked if she was on the rebound..." Dee only way to get over a man is to get under anudder"
    Link?
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/
    Its almost similar to irish men going to the seedier Asian resorts.
    Last edited by Risteard; 21/09/2007 at 2:44 PM.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So demeaning. In fact it was so bad though it was a skit.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    The programme that they were on was so cringeworthy I could only watch for a few mins.

In fairness, when I was in Turkey with my then husband and was 6 months pregnant, I got flirted with non-stop. I was given presents by men because of my blue eyes and black hair. Our waiter in the hotel flirted at every meal & drove my hubby mad. But I think it is just that alot of Turkish men see that a good way to keep tourists happy is to flirt and be friendly, doesnt mean you will pull!
    Or more the case that "Western" women on holiday are feckin easy - particularly compared to the local girls......!

I'm loving yoiur idea that they don't really want to flirt with women - it's just a form of tourist attraction for them......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Or more the case that "Western" women on holiday are feckin easy - particularly compared to the local girls......!

I'm loving yoiur idea that they don't really want to flirt with women - it's just a form of tourist attraction for them......
    It makes good business sense. Make all the women feel attractive and they will let their husbands drink more. Its funny coz as I said, I was very obviously pregnant, had my husband with me, so there was no way he was gonna get any joy but boy did that waiter flirt! He made me take off my sunglasses while sitting at the pool side restaurant so that he could see my eyes everytime he served us!

I do think it can be a game for them too, as you say in a lot of areas the women are sheltered more so the "Western" women coming in flashing the flesh gives them the opportunity to be more outrageous than they would normally be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    It makes good business sense. Make all the women feel attractive and they will let their husbands drink more. Its funny coz as I said, I was very obviously pregnant, had my husband with me, so there was no way he was gonna get any joy but boy did that waiter flirt! He made me take off my sunglasses while sitting at the pool side restaurant so that he could see my eyes everytime he served us!
    It's probably more likely to have the opposite effect - turnign off a lot of women and p!ssing off the fellas, who often are the ones holding the purse strings..

I do think it can be a game for them too, as you say in a lot of areas the women are sheltered more so the "Western" women coming in flashing the flesh gives them the opportunity to be more outrageous than they would normally be.
    On my last trip to Turkey - admittedly 1994 - I had my wallet stolen by a 10yr old, endured watching the police beat him with a big stick when they caught him (he dropped the wallet when I ran after him), and then a 15yr old English girl in our block nearly caused a major diplomatic incident when it turned out that one of the waiters was being rather, ahem, too friendly with her against her wishes

Fun and games, eh......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    It's probably more likely to have the opposite effect - turnign off a lot of women and p!ssing off the fellas
    Agree with what you said about the fellas, but you know a lot of Irish women will fall for anything with a foreign accent, cheesy smile and a tan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Well its a better option than a snow white guy with red hair and a broad Mayo (sorry Mayo people) accent who's idea of romance is not to fart in bed the 1st time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Well its a better option than a snow white guy with red hair and a broad Mayo (sorry Mayo people) accent who's idea of romance is not to fart in bed the 1st time.
    Yer own feckin fault, should have known better! Anyway theres prob a better chance you wont be visiting an STD clinic after Mr Mayo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Agree with what you said about the fellas, but you know a lot of Irish women will fall for anything with a foreign accent, cheesy smile and a tan
    just like this guy???
    Last edited by galwayhoop; 27/09/2007 at 10:42 AM.